Loïc Rémy

SeB

He is decent but thats it. Better than Torres or Drogba but that isnt hard these days.

We buy waay too much quantity and not enough quality, I think this will be another Ba case. Decent but nothing more. To get a level higher, you need to spend a bit more these days and get Bony.

Everyone was laughing at Remy in first season in pl, now they act as if he is world class. We are Chelaea and I dont think 20m for backup striker is too much, Bony would be perfect backup.

But in the end of the day still better than Torres...

Remy si different with Ba, he has Pace, better technique and better positioning. from 26 match, 14 goals & 3 assist is not too bad for 8 million pounds striker. except,,he really has serious medical problem,,than i'm okay with Bony too...

Still,,anyone but torres...

Is there much difference between the two? Both played for average teams and both found the net?

Not sure that Bony is any better? And at double the price?

They are both different players but the reason I would prefer Bony is because I reckon against these teams that like to play deep he would be more effective. Remy has never played for any major teams and since he moved to England has played for Newcastle and QPR who got relegated. Remy has got pace and is effective when he has space but like the problem we have found before and people said the same with Lukaku, when we play these defensive minded teams I think he will find it hard. He won't be able to utilize his pace effectively. I reckon he is better than Ba however when Ba was at Newcastle many people would probably have said Ba.

Bony is not as fast but what he does have imo is the ability to score a goal out of anything. His technique is excellent. Brilliant hold up play. His shooting is fantastic so if he is playing against these teams they will have to think twice. Because in games last season (s) teams no our strikers don't pose a threat from long range. Bony does. His technique is better than Remy and even Costa. His ability in the air is fantastic as well. Something which Remy is not as good and I also think his ability to drop deep and create chances is fantastic.

To sum up 27 goals in his first season is simply fantastic. 16 of those being in the league. Perfect second choice striker for me.

Is there much difference between the two? Both played for average teams and both found the net?

Not sure that Bony is any better? And at double the price?

Bony scored 25 goals last year in all comps. And its his first season. Im sure you seen both and Remy is good poacher, but Bony is allround striker who does everything beter than Remy. If I have to pick between Remy for 10m or Bony for 20m, I would pick Bony everytime.

Bony scored 25 goals last year in all comps. And its his first season. Im sure you seen both and Remy is good poacher, but Bony is allround striker who does everything beter than Remy. If I have to pick between Remy for 10m or Bony for 20m, I would pick Bony everytime.

Swans surely value Bony higher then 20mill.

Bony, imo, needs to keep his head firmly on the ground and have another year with the Swans. We've seen one-season-wonder strikers every season, from your Darren Bents to Demba Ba's. Such strikers often will have a great season then jump a move far too early in their progression, unable to replicate their first season form, and wonder off to a lower league, in a lower competition.

Unfortunately it's the agents who runs these players now, so if his agent is more interested in a payday when Bony will be available.

Is it slightly wrong of me to be a little bit disappointed that the Drog isn't badly injured? I was hoping that it would leave us in no doubt about signing a new striker. I just have a horrible feeling that we're not going to sign another one now :/. Please let us sign Remy/Hernandez/anyone but Torres....

Is it slightly wrong of me to be a little bit disappointed that the Drog isn't badly injured? I was hoping that it would leave us in no doubt about signing a new striker. I just have a horrible feeling that we're not going to sign another one now :/. Please let us sign Remy/Hernandez/anyone but Torres....

Yes that is a terrible way to think.

I saw the interview with Jose on CTV right after the Sociedad game and he said that Drogba has a minor injury and he'll be back to full fitness in maximum one week. So I guess there's no other centre forward coming in this window.

Rumours about Benatia starting to pick up though.