Loïc Rémy

SeB

Remy is a quality 2nd option, so I'd say get him.

I have been in Liverpool once and the mere sight of the place triggered such a strong urge to puke in me that I almost had an heart attack even though I have never had any kind of heart disease. NO way I would have accomplished a medical there. So if we spare him this trip, he might be fine.

Sums it all up :)

Every signing is a risk. If you buy from outside the PL then you'll never be sure that they'll deal with the different style. Someone could sign and break their leg the next day and have their career over. You could sign someone and they suddenly become useless (not looking at anyone in specific here Fernando...). Every signing has many elements of risk, the trick is balancing them and deciding which ones are worth it. Remy having this heart problem that hasn't ever troubled him before and suddenly flared up when Liverpool had him and 2/3 other strikers about to sign.

Would be a great signing. Cheap, versatile and PL proven. Could play out wide or up front where he'd offer a whole new dimension compared to Costa, DD and Torres. Already settled in London too.

Remy is a good player and you won't find a better 2nd choice centre forward for that money (€10m / £8m), but I feel his wage demands are the reason why top clubs stay away from him.

Prior to that medical he failed in Boston, I read something about Remy demanding a €6.5m / £5.2m per annum salary at Liverpool.

I can see this move happening only if he'll lower his wage demands - €140k / £110k p/w for a guy that won't even play a lot of minutes if Diego Costa stays fit is a bit too much I feel.

Remy is a good player and you won't find a better 2nd choice centre forward for that money (€10m / £8m), but I feel his wage demands are the reason why top clubs stay away from him.

Prior to that medical he failed in Boston, I read something about Remy demanding a €6.5m / £5.2m per annum salary at Liverpool.

I can see this move happening only if he'll lower his wage demands - €140k / £110k p/w for a guy that won't even play a lot of minutes if Diego Costa stays fit is a bit too much I feel.

It's all relative - high transfer fee + average wages = low transfer fee + high wages

The only downside of the latter - is moving the player on afterwards.... We get another Torres...

It's all relative - high transfer fee + average wages = low transfer fee + high wages

The only downside of the latter - is moving the player on afterwards.... We get another Torres...

We'd be better off giving him a shorter-length contract. Something like 1 year with performance-related bonuses

That way, if he stays fit and scores a few goals, we get productivity from our bench and he gets a nice bonus

He is decent but thats it. Better than Torres or Drogba but that isnt hard these days.

We buy waay too much quantity and not enough quality, I think this will be another Ba case. Decent but nothing more. To get a level higher, you need to spend a bit more these days and get Bony.

Everyone was laughing at Remy in first season in pl, now they act as if he is world class. We are Chelaea and I dont think 20m for backup striker is too much, Bony would be perfect backup.

But in the end of the day still better than Torres...

He is decent but thats it. Better than Torres or Drogba but that isnt hard these days.

We buy waay too much quantity and not enough quality, I think this will be another Ba case. Decent but nothing more. To get a level higher, you need to spend a bit more these days and get Bony.

Everyone was laughing at Remy in first season in pl, now they act as if he is world class. We are Chelaea and I dont think 20m for backup striker is too much, Bony would be perfect backup.

But in the end of the day still better than Torres...

Is there much difference between the two? Both played for average teams and both found the net?

Not sure that Bony is any better? And at double the price?