Everton 3-6 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

:lol:

I am not dude. I can pledge on my love for DD that I am not. Was watching MOTD this morning and the moment linekar said that "lets see what happened in tje afternath" of the goal, this thing just caught my eye. I watched it sometimes to make sure I got it right. Just sonething which I dint like. That's it. Dint mean it to be this big a thing dude... simply sometjing I saw that I dint like. That's all. But people actually don't want to hear anything bad about their favourites.

In my short time here, I've never seen you say anything positive.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did we play a 433? seems a 433 with oscar is our best bet

I'm not too sure but I think this is how we played at the end of the Everton game?

We started the game as a 4-3-3, although you could also name it a 4-2-3-1 with Fabregas playing as a 10, it looked more like a 4-3-3 to me:

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic

Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Costa

Later on in the game, in the 75th minute, Mikel comes on for Willian which I understand and is probably for more defensive stability. I think we still played a 4-3-3, with Ramires moving to the wing to have Mikel next to Matic, although it was difficult to see because the game was going from side to side and everyone was all over the pitch at times:

Courtois

Mikel Matic

Fabregas

Ramires Hazard

Costa

Then, in the 84th minute, Felipe Luis comes on for Hazard. I get the fact that we want to defend more and definitely not concede a fourth goal, but I thought it was a strange sub, although I can understand it because of the defending reasons. Hazard wasn't tracking back all the time (although he did sometimes). I guess we were then playing either a 4-3-3 with a left winger that wasn't really going forward or maybe a 4-4-2:

Courtois Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Mikel Matic OR MAYBE Mikel Matic

Fabregas Ramires Felipe Luis

Fabregas

Ramires Felipe Luis

Costa Costa

That 4-4-2 line-up looks a bit weird so we were probably playing the 4-3-3 one more but the 4-4-2 makes sense as soon as the 89th minute, 4 minutes later, when Drogba comes on. I think we played 4-4-2 for the last few minutes:

Courtois

Mikel Matic

Ramires Felipe Luis

Drogba

Costa

Am I missing something here or is that how you guys saw it as well? I was way to emotional during the game to really pay attention to everyone's position.

If I'm correct, do you think we'll see more of the 4-4-2? Especially at the end to hold a lead? We'll definitely see more 4-3-3 as we all know Mourinho prefers to play that way in the bigger games with Ramires.

I've been watching the game again and I can't get over how the officials started giving every 50-50 their way once we got 2-0 up, almost as if they wanted to compensate for our lead and the slight offside in the 2nd goal.

I think they were just heavily influenced by the crowd.

I've been watching the game again and I can't get over how the officials started giving every 50-50 their way once we got 2-0 up, almost as if they wanted to compensate for our lead and the slight offside in the 2nd goal.

Crowd, our score and bad officiating.

After such a short time of this season what has been over looked massively is the poor standard of refs etc.

I think they were just heavily influenced by the crowd.

None more evident than when Jon Moss decided to give Costa that yellow card for nothing! :doh:

But TBF a bit, the linesmen had a nightmare with those offside calls throughout the game especially in the first half. They flagged for offside when it's not and they didn't flag for offside when it's supposed to be.

First chelsea match I've been to in quite a while! And first time poster on this but just wanted to make a point on cesc. Don't think people should be questioning his commitment to the chelsea badge. He's signed for us, he is making a lot of goals for us, and if you watch the goal from Edens run that Coleman turns in, you will find cesc turning to the fans cheering......

Really been impressed with cesc so far. Loving the way we are playing aswell....

First chelsea match I've been to in quite a while! And first time poster on this but just wanted to make a point on cesc. Don't think people should be questioning his commitment to the chelsea badge. He's signed for us, he is making a lot of goals for us, and if you watch the goal from Edens run that Coleman turns in, you will find cesc turning to the fans cheering......

Really been impressed with cesc so far. Loving the way we are playing aswell....

Welcome :)

I think Fabregas will always be the type of player that is adored by the fans of the team he is playing for and hated by everyone else. He just has that charisma and leadership about him like JT. I am sure that if he sticks around he's bound to become a fan favorite.

Speaking of which, hope you stick around and keep on posting :)

Welcome :)

I think Fabregas will always be the type of player that is adored by the fans of the team he is playing for and hated by everyone else. He just has that charisma and leadership about him like JT. I am sure that if he sticks around he's bound to become a fan favorite.

Speaking of which, hope you stick around and keep on posting :)

Cheers for the welcome!

I certainly will be sticking around! Quite hard getting to games as I'm up in scotland now. Was in Camden in my youth and loved going to the bridge all the time. Football not quite the same up here! But loved my first game this season. Although was torture when Everton kept coming back. They are a very decent side btw so the result is very pleasing. Costa and cesc have settled in very well and I'm hopeful this will be a successful season for us. Although like always injuries come in and just depends how the squad copes with that.

On the subject of cesc though. I already like him, very good on the ball, great vision, look forward to seeing more of his clever passes!