Everton 3-6 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Going to the Etihad 6 points clear would be amazing, but I can see City take the three points at the Emirates and we also shouldn't underestimate Swansea, they've got 9 out of 9 points so far and two clean sheets as well if I'm not mistaken.

Oh yeah of course, should have added that I don't mean to get carried away :)

Personally can't see City winning at the Emirates, think they'll get a draw though

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking game! Such an untypical Mourinho/Chelsea performance but what a great sight for our fans and the neutrals. Game of the season already! Chelsea are a defensive team my ass... what a quality attacking display the fans witnessed. Defensive improvements needed definitely and Courtois needs to take his time with his irrational throw ins. However his save from Mirallas was top quality and stopped Everton getting back into the game for the hundreth what times. MOTM for me is definitely Costa. 2 goals, worked his socks off and I like how he done his best to not get wound up by Everton's antics. He remained composed and gave it right back to Coleman when we got that third goal :D

But 3 out of 3 was nothing more that we can ask for and we have Swansea next who like us have 3 out of 3. It is so refreshing to actually have a striker who you can call a striker. 4 in 3 already. And those people who were slating Mikel and Ramires, stating that they are not Chelsea material, they proved some of their worth today. Costa's last goal was all because of Mikel and Ramires scored a very good goal. It is vital we have quality squad depth and by the end of the season we might just appreciate why we have these sort of options. Credit to Matic for his pressing for the whole 90 mins. Was excellent and for him to score was the icing on the cake.

You can already see the difference from our team last season and this season. Last season we played Everton and outplayed them, had 22 shots on goal, with only 5 on target and not 1 scored and we lost the game. Today we only needed 12 shots, 8 on target and scored 6. You see the difference that the likes of Fabregas and Costa have made already. Promising times ahead. So annoying that the international break is here but can't wait for the PL to resume and hopefully see us pick up 4 out of 4 against Swansea.

well, literally may be something different, but metaphorically - which is what I meant I've always thought it was something horrible (not that a bunch of teens wanking in group doesn't look like something horrible, it certainly does)

You've got the metaphorical meaning wrong. You're thinking of "wank" which is sometimes used to describe something as very bad. "Wankfest" is used to describe a lot of people overrating and over-praising something. Example: "The media wankfest over Liverpool's title challenge is incredibly annoying!"

I'm not even going to go into the literal meaning! :P

What a game! I was all over the place watching it...

COSTAAAA, GET IN!

IVAAAAA! Holy crap!

*just before half time* Shit! Can't let this slip.

YES HAZARD, more of that please!

SHIT!

YES! Hold this now lads, calm it down a bit...

SHIT!

YES! Now really hold it...

Oh not aga-WHAT A SAVE! Come on you've got this boys.

Wait did Mikel just do a backheel!? Costa.... Get in, no coming back now. Phew.

Fucking insane game, we only had 12 shots and 30 percent possession but we were so clinical. I am a bit worried about the midfield, we were all over the place at times, we left so much space in the middle of the park it was unreal. I would have also liked to see us control the game more and keep possession for longer periods but i'm realistic, we were playing a very good Everton side at Goodison, it's never easy to play there.

But enough with the negatives, we scored six fucking goals. Diego Costa is a beast, i fucking love him. Courtois made a few distribution errors but nothing too serious, he again was very good, that save towards the end was amazing. In all honesty this match is very hard to analyse, it was one of those crazy games that only happens once every season. Very similar to that 4-4 game against Tottenham a few years ago, i believe it was during Jose' first stint.

I'm happy, the last few days have been amazing, may it continue. :blue scalf:

Bit off topic, but I just want to say how nice it was to hear our fans sing the Super Frank song :) hope he was watching and heard, want him to know that we'll always love him no matter what!

I think we won't stop singing about him in two weeks against City.

Let's see what I can come up with now.

I think we have a problem in our midfield - and today was the first match I think Cesc was underwhelming there, but to be fair, so were Matic and Ramires. We were raped by Everton in the midfield - and that only exposed our defense further.

I can't choose between Cesc, Ramires and Matic who had a worse match (talking about their midfield performance, not goals, assists, etc). There was no stability, we were easily bypassed, outmuscled, too many misplaced passes, it was a wank fest.

I think our defenders had a good match tbh. The defense - as a system - is incredibly shaky and I feel like we've missed Oscar more than anything. Maybe we wouldn't be up 2-0 under 4 minutes if he was here, but I feel like we were so unstable and exposed our defense so much that it's not even funny... that's the balance I keep saying he brings and maybe it has nothing to do with his absence, but it seems like a big coincidence when he isn't playing we didn't have any stability in the midfield at all.

We need to be better organized, but it's still early days, as I said in the live match thread, I'll give a month for the team to settle, but we need to drill our midfield better or maybe we just need our midfielders to have better individual performances. It's amazing to have them been involved in all 6 goals, but it sucks they were a liability in two goals and many Everton attacks.

I'm quite happy we won, we've scored so many goals and I even welcome losing some defense stability because of our more attacking minded team, but we've made some rookie mistakes there combined with awful performances by Cesc, Matic and Ramires when Everton had the ball.

Costa is everything we could have asked for and some more and maybe I'm biased, but I feel like both yellows he's got so far had been unfair and I'll start growing suspicious if he keeps getting undeserved yellows by those cunt of referees. But it feels amazing, magical even, to finally have a striker and then I remember Torres is not part of this club anymore and I'm beyond elated. This weekend has been amazing, the only thing that spoiled it a bit is how weak and poor our midfield was when we didn't have the ball (and because there was no stability, that's why we had a mediocre possession percentage. They didn't hold the ball at all and were dispossessed easily...).

And the most important thing from this match is our mentality. An incredible contrast to some matches last season and the first half against Leicester. Hopefully they'll keep it up against the smaller sides.

Agree with the midfield - we seem to have a problem, that still hasn't gone away (and is exposed by quick passing teams) - there's always a big gap between midfield and defence.

This gives the opposition time to play a one-two in the space and turn the defenders - this has to be addressed.

To be fair though - Everton played their socks off and could have given no more - they are a decent outfit with no massive names - just hard working, gritty players - I guess that's why I have respect for them.

Was this the first start with Rambo, Cesc + Matic? If so - I think that could account slightly for the issues - it was more reminiscent of last season and I certainly didn't see it as much in the first two games? I think it's a case of all 3 of them needing to further understand where they should be.. There should be no space in front of the back 4 - they should all press up as a unit and not give them time on the ball.

Like others have said - I think this was one of those freak performances - the best and worst of Chelsea in one match.

I expect Mourinho to surgically examine the mistakes and I'm confident they will be eradicated - and good that it happened now, so early on - will tighten up for the bigger games ahead.

3 games in though and we really do look a complete team - just what a difference Cesc + Costa have made.

Credit to Willian today as well - I thought he had an amazing first half.

Ramires - gotta love the guy - sloppy passing and silly fouls - then boom - a magic finish... I guess with Ramires we just have to learn to take the rough with the smooth.. :)

Surprised Schurrle didn't get a cameo - thought he would have enjoyed himself out there - but great that we can keep players fresh.

As for the Mikel fan boys - seriously? one backheel and he's a god - thank fuck he did that, because he couldn't manage to do what he was brought on to do - he hardly closed the game out! Maybe that's our one area of weakness - we still need an option from the bench to lock-down the midfield. God how I wish we had another Makalale :)