Jase

Man of the Match  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everton - Chelsea Match, do you even defending?

On a more serious note: Costa is ruthless, even after a nice backheel from Mikel he had alot to do and still managed to find the net. The defending in this game was ridiculous, unreal.

Probably the greatest opening line ever. I'm done.

Some stats to throw in...

- The last time Everton conceded 6 goals at home in the Premier League was back in 09/10 season - lost 6-1 to Arsenal. Fabregas scored 2 then.

- It's the first time Chelsea have scored 6 at Everton. Previous best was 4.

- Chelsea won 6-3 at Everton tonight - the most the club have scored in a PL away game since a 6-0 win at Roberto Martinez's Wigan in Aug 2010.

- Four Premier League goals in three games for Diego Costa. It took Fernando Torres 39 games to score four PL goals for the Blues...

- Cesc Fabregas has scored three and assisted three more goals in his last three Premier League visits to Goodison Park.

- In the 6 league away games against the Top 7 last season (Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Man United), Chelsea only scored 4 goals. This term, after just 1 away game against a Top 7 team (or contender without jumping the gun), the Blues have scored 6.

Mourinho was clearly unimpressed with our defending...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/final-whistle-verdict--anything-is-possible.html

‘We made defensive mistakes. I don’t want to speak for Everton and Roberto [Martinez] but my team made defensive mistakes. I just said on Chelsea TV before I came down that it’s difficult to believe on Wednesday afternoon we trained for one-and-a-half hours and we did only two things: defensive corners and defensive lateral free-kicks.

‘Imagine how happy I am with the result of our work! It would have been better to give them Wednesday off and stay at home with my wife and kids!

‘When the opponent scores against us I want it to be because they were brilliant or because they did something that was difficult to control. We made four defensive mistakes: for the three goals, despite them being great finishes, and when Courtois made a fantastic save with the result at 4-3.’

Oh my word that was a cracker! So many talking points as well... First off we now know how dangerous a side we look when teams come out and we hit them on the counter. THAT was an unbelievable display of counter attacking football, it was quick, sharp and deadly. Credit to Jose and the staff for having these guys well up for it right from the jump!

My pre-match predictions weren't bang on but one thing I did say was Jose and the boys will have their tails up for this one and they clearly did. Jose always uses games where we lost previously as a way to right it the next time. Last year we were also very good at Goodison but for the love of God couldn't find the back of the net! This game more than made up for that, we took the game to them early and often.

I missed Oscar today, not offensively, but more in terms of cohesion and shape. We lose a bit of quality going forward when Cesc plays in the 10, I really think his BEST position is CM just ahead of Matic. Oscar's tactical awareness was missing today though I do think when we play counter attacking football better with Ramires in the side.

Matic was incredible today! he basically assumed the role vacated by Cesc and was great not only winning the ball, but also making the telling pass to get us moving. He's gonna be/is an IMMENSE player for us.

I thought Everton did a good job of forcing Willian and Hazard back to defend. I know its part of our philosophy but both those guys had important roles and for the most part did a good job not getting caught out.

Diego Costa. He's gonna be hated by everyone not a Chelsea fan and I LOVE IT. A sample from a Gunner fan on facebook.

"Honestly though, a player who puts his first and last name on the back of his shirt is a wanker. I'm looking at you Diego Costa. You are a wanker. And all your goals so far this season have been simple and lucky slot ins.

You have scored in every game so far, but whatever, you son, are the definition of a wanker."

He was at his best today! So clinical and also a real terror for the entire Everton team.

Ivanovic will be our RB this year. No question about it... Luis and Azpi will be fighting it out.

Ramires makes his mistakes when he's tired, usually about the 70min mark. He was running all game and made a few sloppy passes, I love him still so important to the balance of the team and he showed once again how dangerous he can be on the counter.

We conceded a lot but we scored twice as many, get used to it guys and gyals. We are pushing more people forward and it will leave us open at the back, that wasn't the issue on any of the goals but we won't be as airtight as we were last year.

Courtois really needs to work on his distribution, its been piss poor. Another wonder save on Mirallas though!

Onwards and upwards this performance puts down a real marker, we're gonna be deadly this year and now teams are gonna have to take notice. If you come out at us we'll counter attack with deadly precision. If you sit deep we will carve you open with a killer ball from Fab... Good luck Premier League opponents!! CAREFREE

Man what a fun match! Living in America I had to wake up extra early today to watch Man U draw and City lose at home! How sweet it was to jump out to a quick lead. A roller coaster game had my emotions all over the place. Costa is the real deal, he isn't quick or fast necessarily, but he is silky smooth and super smart on the pitch. He operates so intelligently in space, with the uncanny ability to finish with ease. At 25 he could really become a Chelsea legend if he continues at this pace. Great game, can't wait til Swansea!!