• Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my vote (Oscar) and my observations are based solely in the second.

I think Oscar was amazing both offensively and defensively. There are a few tackles in our final third and in theirs where he was absolutely amazing. Didn't let go, insisted, fought and won the ball (in addition to that ridiculous play where the cunt-official called a foul). Some amazing passes by him as well, that shoot on the wood should have entered to make him justice.

Ivanovic could easily have been chosen by me too, he's been immense in this start of the season and Azpili has been underwhelming, which is why I'm waiting anxiously for Luís to get a chance. Yeah, Cesar was immense for us last season. But this is present time and I think he isn't nearly as good as he's been.

The best feeling in the world about a football team is having a striker. 'Nuff said.

Willian was amazing while he was in the match. I would have brought him for Schurrle and I wouldn't have subbed Oscar, but it's early days and maybe it was more a physical thing than anything else behind Mourinho's choices.

It's so nice to watch Didier at the Bridge. Actually nice doesn't start to cover it, it's an amazing feeling.

Courtois is world class, he's going to be the best goalie in the world this season already. He's been amazing. As much as I love Cech, there's no comparison. And if in the first match I had distribution complaints about him (not exactly complaints as it was his first official match for us, but it made me wrinkle my nose), today he was amazing. He roofed a lot of balls against Burnley, but today he used his hands and started a few of our attacks that way.

As I said, can't say anything about the first half, but the second was incredible.

And I predicted the 2-0 :P

were looking pretty open on the break, we do actually have to do some defending against these teams.

Professional second half display and brilliant from Ivan and Thiabut, I can see a few changes at Goodison next week, first of them being Ramires in, Cesc further forward. Can see Willian getting the nod to.

Iva deserves MOTM. Hazard and Courtois honorable mention(though TC made a sloppy pass in the beginning that could have led to a goal).

Oscar was good, though his sloppy pass in the 1st half could have led to a goal too. Oddly, Matic made a few mistakes too. Cesc and Costa were solid.

All in all, good result.