• Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little worried after the sluggish start, but once they woke up they really put a lot of pressure on the opposition. I thought Oscar really performed well and made some nice through balls. Courtois was solid and really saved the day with that one on one. I really like how he plucks the ball out of the air and is immediately looking for an outlet to push the pace. Hazard took awhile before he got anything going but once he found his rhythm he really put some good touches and attacks in motion. I thought Costa up until his goal was having a down game, seemed to really give the ball away numerous times. The good thing about him is he has amnesia and is a killer in front of the net. Overall i was excited that the team didnt let one go, got 3 points and showed that when they turn it on they can dominate. Now if we can play two halfs that way is the next step

Our lack of motivation is really gonna become a problem. Idk if you guys remember but last year started out in similar fashion.

Really wish Jose had kept Oscar on. He had his most productive 5 min in a Chelsea shirt since the Juve game and Jose takes him off.

Willian did amazing in his cameo. Looked like a more stable Oscar.

Our defense looks shaky again early in the season.

Think Willian should start next week. The rest of the line up should probably stay in tact

How? He was brilliant.

Being honest here, Fabregas was horrible today.

I'm not sure what match you were watching. He wasn't amazing, but he was solid(far more solid than Matic). 94% pass accuracy, 4 key passes, 3 successful dribbles, 1 assist( :P), 2 shots on target. Whoscored gave him 7.95 rating for this match.

It's seemingly everybody's dream partnership so you won't hear much criticism but they were exposed today. Mourinho's not dumb, that won't be the first choice midfield for much longer. Get ready for some Ramires, guys. :Goober:

Nope, I think we'll continue to see the Matic - Fabregas pivot especially in games where we're expected to dominate, like this one. We had our best period in the game in the 2nd half without Ramires on the pitch. Today's first half performance wasn't solely due to Fabregas and Matic failing to fully control the midfield. The whole team was substandard. Also you need to stop looking at it as a Fabregas - Matic duo, and start looking at it as a Oscar - Fabregas - Matic trio.

Sure, against better teams we'll put in Ramires, and Ramires will get plenty of game time but it won't be because of 'Matic - Fabregas' per se. I look at Ramires as Oscar's competition tbh, or as let's say the 4th midfielder that can come in and replace Fabregas, Oscar or even Matic.

As I said I haven't watched the first half, but can't people let it go? Can't people cut the team some slack? Courtois, Eden and especially Oscar, Schurrle and then Ramires and Willian have been back training for just a few weeks. The team is still shaping up, we're changing tactics, new players are settling and we've been winning the matches convincingly. That's why I said in the Burnley thread that in the first few weeks all I cared about were the results. We have scored 5 goals in two matches, we kept a CS today, the players are working their socks in the pitch, and the results are there, two comfortable wins, even if the first half was as bad as you keep saying (I know whose opinion to trust and whose to ignore though).

Give it time, we have a striker, I think our three AM's and then Willian did a great job in the second half, we will progress but it needs time. I know it's hard for the Mc Donalds' generation to understand that sometimes you need to wait things, but well, that's life, the earlier you get used to it, the better for you.

Nope, I think we'll continue to see the Matic - Fabregas pivot especially in games where we're expected to dominate, like this one. We had our best period in the game in the 2nd half without Ramires on the pitch. Today's first half performance wasn't solely due to Fabregas and Matic failing to fully control the midfield. The whole team was substandard. Also you need to stop looking at it as a Fabregas - Matic duo, and start looking at it as a Oscar - Fabregas - Matic trio.

Sure, against better teams we'll put in Ramires, and Ramires will get plenty of game time but it won't be because of 'Matic - Fabregas' per se. I look at Ramires as Oscar's competition tbh, or as let's say the 4th midfielder that can come in and replace Fabregas, Oscar or even Matic.

Trust me, I do see it that way; I'm aware of Oscar's role in the set-up but he is still more of an auxiliary midfielder, rather than a bonafide CM like Matic and Fabregas are in the set-up. Our back 4 was there for the taking on several occasions today with no protection, that won't happen for much longer.

Trust me, I do see it that way; I'm aware of Oscar's role in the set-up but he is still more of an auxiliary midfielder, rather than a bonafide CM like Matic and Fabregas are in the set-up. Our back 4 was there for the taking on several occasions today with no protection, that won't happen for much longer.

That has more to do with the fact that we didn't expect Leicester to be this 'brave' going forward and also Matic IMO, who had a quite poor game today by his own standards, he gave the ball away needlessly in our own half on numerous occasions. Small tweaks to fix that, we don't have to bring in Ramires to fix that.

I'm sure you know that with more expansive football we'll generally be more exposed at the back also...

someone's been happy to see the King back. Actually someone's been happy all the second half. I loved all Roman takes. He's such an awkward, nearly embarrassing fanboy watching our matches :P

tumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo5_r1_250.giftumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo4_r1_250.giftumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo2_r1_250.giftumblr_narnhurVQs1shaydvo3_r1_250.gif

(although it could be he was happy to have finally signed a striker that scores and was actually clapping Costa :P He probably doesn't even remember Torres is part of the squad now).

edit: who won the MOTM by BPL? I never know where to find out this information... thanks in advance.

That has more to do with the fact that we didn't expect Leicester to be this 'brave' going forward and also Matic IMO, who had a quite poor game today by his own standards, he gave the ball away needlessly in our own half on numerous occasions. Small tweaks to fix that, we don't have to bring in Ramires to fix that.

See, that was my fear. I thought any team that shows ambition against Matic-Fabregas pivot would get a lot of joy.

I'm sure you know that with more expansive football we'll generally be more exposed at the back also...

Of course, I just don't think we can continue to be that exposed regularly.

See, that was my fear. I thought any team that shows ambition against Matic-Fabregas pivot would get a lot of joy.

Of course, I just don't think we can continue to be that exposed regularly.

Perhaps not, but IMO it'll just take a slight tweak and ensuring players perform their roles correctly, rather than bringing in another player completely.

Fabregas was horrible? Wow, I don't know what people are watching sometimes. Sure, he wasn't amazing but he had a solid game, especially in the 2nd half. People are putting too much stock into that first half performance.

Horrible was a bit of a stretch, fair enough. But what did he really do throughout that whole game? He didn't retain possession as well as we know he can (mostly in the first half) and he didn't link up well with Hazard, Costa or Schurrle.

Before you go and assume I'm a naysayer, I'm not, these were just things I picked up throughout the match. The whole team (bar Ivanovic, Hazard, Willian, Courtois and at times Oscar) was poor and Fabregas wasn't an exception