Lionel Messi

Myself

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has made the astonishing revelation that he could leave Barcelona – putting Chelsea and Manchester City on high alert.

The Argentine has come under criticism for his below par performances during the past year that has seen him eclipsed by Cristiano Ronaldo as the world’s best player.

Speculation he was leaving for City last season was ended when he signed a new deal with Barca and now, despite saying he is content, he revealed he could one day leave the Catalan club.

“Today I am living the present. I want to have a great season and win every title at Barcelona. And nothing else. Then we will see. Football takes many turns,” he told Argentinian newspaper OLE.

“While I’ve always said I’d like to stay there forever (at Barcelona), sometimes not everything happens the way you want. In football things change and lots of things happen. It is complicated, especially because of the Barcelona situation.”

When asked about the criticism he has faced in recent times, Messi said: “People say a lot of things about me. I get criticised for so many things that nothing surprises me anymore. It’s habitual, normal I’d say, so I try not to listen to it.

“”I would like to have played better (during the Word Cup) in the semi-final and the final. But games can go like that sometimes. But had I scored a goal in the final my World Cup could have been said to be ‘spectacular’ [by my critics].

“It would have been nice to play well in every game. Those two weren’t my best, but I don’t think they were that bad either.”

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/11/lionel-messi-hints-leave-barca-alerting-chelsea-man-city/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Messi leaves barca, are we a likely destination?

positives:
-Messi`s girlfriend is best friend with Cesc`s girlfriend and it seems that they are good friends. The kids is bf too :)

-London

-We are a Adidas club, benefits for Messi, Chelsea and Adidas. I read last year that Adidas are willing to help us out with some of the fee.. would be nice :P

But i can really see him go to City too. His best friend is Aguero and there is so many argentines leaving in Manchester. The question are if City can cope with FFP.

I said it before, I would be surprised if both Messi and cr7 retired at barcelona and madrid, respectively...

I can see them going to another big club before they go back to their respective country leagues...

James to be the new face of Madrid and Neymar to takeover barcelona...

Nothing every lasts forever.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/537626/Lionel-Messi-Transfer-News-Man-United-Chelsea-Man-City

more rumours.

people talking of witch clubs that can afford his 200£m clause.. No club in the world would pay that!! Looks like Barcelona and Messi don't get along no more, then I assume a fee around 100£, or?

If Messi want a move to us, I really hope we splash the cash :D Always being a big fan of good cheap deals like Fabregas, Costa. I love the new buying mentality to the club, but here we have the worlds best player! Chelsea would make a LOT of publicity and get in a huge amount of money from Adidas, sponsors and fans.

But if we get Reus, I never see this gonna happen.

Reports claim Messi will return to Chelsea after being loaned to Barca since 2003. Abramovich though that Leo simply wasnt tall enough to play at SB, but now, is ready to allow him re-join with Mou team. However, John Obi Mikel, mastermind behind scenes and occasional Chelsea player says he has solution for both Messi and Roman; Messi will have to play with boots on heels to look taller. Terry was so happy when he heard those news that he shagged Mikels wife and Courtois eventualy joined the party that ended in brutal fight. Ivan and Matic thought they will clean the bodies before it gets viral, but they were pictured with russian mobsters. Roman who was caught in the picture too is now in prision, meanwhile both serbs, now former chelsea players escaped somewhere to Mexico. Happy days for Messi though who will now not need to play in heels for his new club, as Roman is no longer the owner anymore. People wonder, how is it possible that Messi moved to Chelsea after so many years at barca; well the answer has one word: Eva.

This is how stupid it sounds when some press says Messi will join us or someone else...the chances of him signing for us are as big as the reality of that story above.

Around 60% of AS readers believe Lionel Messi wants out following comments made to Argentinian newspaper Olé. http://

as.com/diarioas/2014/11/20/english/1416517671_245135.html #FCB

Spanish newspaper Diario @sport says #CFC or #MCFC are the most likely destinations for Messi in England. Link: http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/los-cuatro-clubs-que-pueden-comprar-messi-3703135 #FCB

The Guardian speculates further about Messi leaving Barcelona due to him feeling singled out over his tax trial and how non-catalan sportsman have been able to settle matters out of court but not him.

Now I am pretty certain that he is going nowhere, but suppose that he is available on the market, is it not obvious where he would go?
There are currently two clubs in the world who have the economic muscles to pay whatever record-breaking fee Messi would cost and not get in trouble with ffp, and those clubs are Manchester United and Bayern Munich.
One is the best team in Europe with Messi's old pal Guardiola managing it, the other is a mid-table house of cards not even playing in CL.

BM just released a statement basically saying that they are extremely rich, and there arent really that many players in the world that would improve them. I would say that it is like 90% that Messi stays in Barcelona, and 90% that if he leaves it will be for BM.

Still, a pretty nice fantasy if he ended up in Chelsea. This is after all the best player in the world, and his stats are mental in every way. We would probably have to sell say Oscar/another key player for an inflated fee to be able to afford him.

Lets say for some crazy reason(getting a possible suspended jail sentence,,,etc) Messi decides to to leave Barcelona but Barca want 200m, would anyone do Hazard+100m? I know it sounds like fantasy football and basically got 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of happening but crazier things have happened. Personally I would trade anyone for Messi, including Hazard unless Costa proves himself that he can get around 30-40 goals on average for a couple of years at least and Hazard getting around 20-30 assists/goals combined by himself too.

Lets say for some crazy reason(getting a possible suspended jail sentence,,,etc) Messi decides to to leave Barcelona but Barca want 200m, would anyone do Hazard+100m? I know it sounds like fantasy football and basically got 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of happening but crazier things have happened. Personally I would trade anyone for Messi, including Hazard unless Costa proves himself that he can get around 30-40 goals on average for a couple of years at least and Hazard getting around 20-30 assists/goals combined by himself too.

Messi isn't a like for like replacement for Hazard...

He yet again breaks another record.

tumblr_inline_nfgknlu8AW1ryfaxj.jpg

Lionel Messi accomplished the inevitable on Saturday, breaking Telmo Zarras all-time La Liga record of 251 goals with a hat trick against Sevilla.

That's it. Job's done. He will want to move now. Sign him up.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You