Lionel Messi

Myself

Best of all time when your 18 years old......

makes sense..

Well its not just me that thinks that so get your head out your arse and have a look instead of constantly insisting 'best of all time, you're 18 years old bla bla bla' I don't actually see an argument just you putting up a stupid age comment every time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its not just me that thinks that so get your head out your arse and have a look instead of constantly insisting 'best of all time, you're 18 years old bla bla bla' I don't actually see an argument just you putting up a stupid age comment every time.

its your generation kids that think.

The same kids that keep saying cr7 is the best of all time....

The media hype to kids is easy to capture.

Why apple is the number 1 selling smart phone, even though its not technically the best.

Why Kim Kardashian is always on the newspaper, rather than relevant news or people.

its your generation kids that think.

The same kids that keep saying cr7 is the best of all time....

The media hype to kids is easy to capture.

Why apple is the number 1 selling smart phone, even though its not technically the best.

Why Kim Kardashian is always on the newspaper, rather than relevant news or people.

This is not the first time that you are saying stuff about young generation kids. How old are you anyway?

This statement is completely false.....

The new generation of kids will have their own god and it won't be Messi. Probably be Neymar, since neymar already has 50 million fans on facebook already...

Messi, after he is retired and irrelevant, young fans will have their new king...

Thats the way it works in sports and media.

No.

That's not how it works I'm afraid.

Maybe in your one dimensional process of thinking it is, and since you continue to spew out shite among other members for their lack of experience due to their age, here's a little something that probably went over your head, like the majority of things.

We now live in an age where 'analyzing' has become the number one source of rational interpretation, something you've blatantly showed a complete lack of on more than one occasion, (Lets not take another gander at the Cesc thread for starters.)

Messi's appraisal from journalists, managers, former and current players, and football fans is down to a couple of factors. The records that he has broken and his overall style of play that separates him literally from anyone in the past couple decades. Messi when he retires will be the furthest thing from irrelevant, just as Garrincha, Pele, Di Stefano, Maradona, Best, etc.

Ronaldo was possibly Brazil's greatest accolade since Romario, yet when analyzing both Ronaldo and Messi's games at their best, it takes little consideration that just for the ability Messi has alone to adapt his game and his versatility on the pitch, strengthens him over Ronaldo.

Neymar is a top talented footballer, yet he isn't even half the player Messi was at his age. Messi's records will live in history and the fact it took nearly 40 years for Gerd Muller's record of 91 goals to be surpassed, one can only imagine how long until another footballer will be capable of being in the same bracket as Lionel Messi and surpassing his accomplishments.

No.

That's not how it works I'm afraid.

Maybe in your one dimensional process of thinking it is, and since you continue to spew out shite among other members for their lack of experience due to their age, here's a little something that probably went over your head, like the majority of things.

We now live in an age where 'analyzing' has become the number one source of rational interpretation, something you've blatantly showed a complete lack of on more than one occasion, (Lets not take another gander at the Cesc thread for starters.)

Messi's appraisal from journalists, managers, former and current players, and football fans is down to a couple of factors. The records that he has broken and his overall style of play that separates him literally from anyone in the past couple decades. Messi when he retires will be the furthest thing from irrelevant, just as Garrincha, Pele, Di Stefano, Maradona, Best, etc.

Ronaldo was possibly Brazil's greatest accolade since Romario, yet when analyzing both Ronaldo and Messi's games at their best, it takes little consideration that just for the ability Messi has alone to adapt his game and his versatility on the pitch, strengthens him over Ronaldo.

Neymar is a top talented footballer, yet he isn;t even half the player Messi was at his age. Messi's records will live in history and the fact it took nearly 40 years for Gerd Muller's record of 91 goalst to be surpassed, one can only imagine how long until another footballer will be capable of being in the same bracket of Lionel Messi.

Wait, the facebook kids are the age of analyzing? The same facebook kids on the chelsea fb page that has a million arabic comments as top comments when salah signed on?

Ronaldo's appraisal from journalists, managers, former and current players and football fans are down to a couple of factors. The records he broke and his complete changing of the game of football and his position. It takes little consideration that just on the pure ability of Ronaldo, who played for multiple clubs was successful in every club and national team he played for.

Messi was the best player in this generation, but even the argentinas dont recognize the greatness of Messi, while maradonna is a god there.

Neymar is already a few goals away from Messi internationally at 5 years his junior and already has 9 goals in 9 games this season coming back from his world cup injury. One can imagine, how good neymar would be statisically, if he was given the free role. The same role, where in brazil he scored as many goals as messi in less games....

I never understood the versatility comment. Everyone had to play for Messi after the r10 era... It was so evident in this world cup and the exact reason why aguero sucked balls. Ronaldo at his peak was untouchable as was Ronaldinho. r9+r10 peak >Messi's peak. Ask catalans about it, they still say r10 was the best era of football for them.

I'm sorry.

I cannot take people seriously when they label players such as CR7, R9, and R10. Nothing is utterly more cringe worthy.

trophies.jpg

Maybe one day.....

Maybe one day Messi would go against great defenders.. Not like getting marked out complelely to an old Nesta and a young varane.

i like how he puts a picture of puyol winning the world cup...

Which has any relevance to Messi...

Catalyunia's greatest ever era has nothing to do with the fact it was Barca's core that had made up the Spanish system that won their world cup and european championships?

Take a day off mate.

Sorry but I don't know how people can contest that. Messi when he was at his highest performances of his career was scoring 40+ a season, creating so many goals and he was churning out world class performances when he wanted to. Sure you can say Barca played to Messi's strength but so did most teams Ronaldo played for. What we seen of Ronaldo in his best years was great too obviously, a world class player, a true great but Messi is the greatest.

You need to watch to know the kind of impact ronaldo had in matches. If ronaldo wasn't consistently injured at a young age, he would have been on par with Pele for Brazil.

Messi is better at creating chances, but Ronaldo was no slouch in any other aspect of the game.

Catalyunia's greatest ever era has nothing to do with the fact it was Barca's core that had made up the Spanish system that won their world cup?

Take a day off mate.

Alonso. Torres. Cesc. Ramos. Casillas. Villa. Capdevilla. were not barca's core.

Take a day off mate.

Spain's best team was their 2008 team, not their world cup team.

Alonso. Torres. Cesc. Ramos. Casillas. Villa. Capdevilla. were not barca's core.

Take a day off mate.

Spain's best team was their 2008 team, not their world cup team.

Yet it was Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Puyol, and Pique who played every minute of every game in Spain's proudest moment on the international stage. Barca's core was ultimately the main triggers in Spain's international dominance, in which all 5 were academy products brought up in Barca's system. And in the season prior, Barca become the first team to win the sixtuplet.

Definitely not Catalyunia's greatest era.

Yet it was Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Puyol, and Pique who played every minute of every game in Spain's proudest moment on the international stage. Barca's core was ultimately the main triggers in Spain's international dominance, in which all 5 were academy products brought up in Barca's system. And in the season prior, Barca become the first team to win the sixtuplet.

Definitely not Catalyunia's greatest era.

But thy didn't play every minute of every game and no one gives a shit about club world cup and super cup and supercopa....

1-2 brazilians doesnt repesent a whole nation....

It's too bad because Neymar will be the next generation god, just like messi and cr7 was to this generation...

No he won't. He'll be a great player but every generation has countless great players. He won't reach Messi or Cristiano's level.

Your 18 years old...

I highly doubt you saw Ronaldo at his peak..

You're*

Quite frankly, you are irrelevant to the topic than....

So, your telling me that you watch half his games on vhs? Frankly, I highly doubt a kid thats 5-6 year old remember Ronaldo games on television..

You must be a child prodigy if you can recall that stuff...

Shit, I dont even remember my grade school teacher's names...

Just cause we weren't watching football at the time Ronaldo was at his peak doesn't mean we can't look stuff up. Have family who saw him, read comparisons, etc. I love boxing, and I have seen iver 15 Ali fights, over 30 Julio Cesar Chavez fights, and countless Hearns, Leonard, Duran and Hagler fights.

Messi was the best player in this generation, but even the argentinas dont recognize the greatness of Messi, while maradonna is a god there.

Neymar is already a few goals away from Messi internationally at 5 years his junior and already has 9 goals in 9 games this season coming back from his world cup injury. One can imagine, how good neymar would be statisically, if he was given the free role. The same role, where in brazil he scored as many goals as messi in less games....

I never understood the versatility comment. Everyone had to play for Messi after the r10 era... It was so evident in this world cup and the exact reason why aguero sucked balls. Ronaldo at his peak was untouchable as was Ronaldinho. r9+r10 peak >Messi's peak. Ask catalans about it, they still say r10 was the best era of football for them.

How do you know what these entire group if people think?

Neymar has scored the majority of his international goals in a ridiculous amount of friendlies.

But thy didn't play every minute of every game and no one gives a shit about club world cup and super cup and supercopa....

1. Spains starting XI for the WC final had 6 barca products.

2. People do care about winning those trophies.

No he won't. He'll be a great player but every generation has countless great players. He won't reach Messi or Cristiano's level.

You're*

Just cause we weren't watching football at the time Ronaldo was at his peak doesn't mean we can't look stuff up. Have family who saw him, read comparisons, etc. I love boxing, and I have seen iver 15 Ali fights, over 30 Julio Cesar Chavez fights, and countless Hearns, Leonard, Duran and Hagler fights.

How do you know what these entire group if people think?

Neymar has scored the majority of his international goals in a ridiculous amount of friendlies.

1. Spains starting XI for the WC final had 6 barca products.

2. People do care about winning those trophies.

Neymar goals....

Bz6wkhdCMAAmolu.png

courtesy of redcafe.

Neymar has scored goals in everything that was put in front of him for brazil. He cannot control who brazil faces...

Messi has only 5 goals in his world cup career and cr7 has 3 goals....

Neymar got 4 goals in 4 matches and would of had more had he not gotten injured.... Neymar is a scoring machine... The idea that none of the records can be broken is farced, because Neymar is the one that can break it.

Also, no people dont care because r10 brought joy to barcelona and saved them from mediocrity. No ronaldinho, messi would have been existed.

Primary difference between ronaldo vs messi is that ronaldo can do everything messi can, but not vice versa...

exactly. messi can not do everything that CR can. problem solved.

its true, however, cr7 cannot due much of what messi can do....

I guess it depends who one rates more.

For me, Messi is significantly better than cr7. However, there are a ton of things cr7 can do that Messi can't and vice versa...

But the point was Ronaldo can do everything Messi can, not Cristiano.

its true, however, cr7 cannot due much of what messi can do....

I guess it depends who one rates more.

For me, Messi is significantly better than cr7. However, there are a ton of things cr7 can do that Messi can't and vice versa...

But the point was Ronaldo can do everything Messi can, not Cristiano.

The reality is that ROnaldo was a ST and scored less goals in his carreer than Messi and Crisitano that are not ST in less 7 or 8 years.

Ronaldo was a bad professional, and had a lot opf problems with injuries, without than maybe he could be comparable with Messi or Cristiano.

ANd about Neymar he is great, will be Ballon d'Or for sure... but at that age Crsitiano and Messi were already winning that kind of prizes. Neymar is still far from that level, he won't reach the level of Messi and Cristiano.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You