Lionel Messi

Myself

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, I think he *could* join here, but I really don't see a need for him...Rather see the money invested into the stadium and the academy.

Don't forget, as we saw with Fabregas, changing League can have a fatal effect on stats. Also, the reason Fab didn't get game time at Barca was due to his area being Messi territory, and in the form he is at the moment, the Filipe Luis/Azpi dilemma comes to mind; who plays first?

I don't think Messi is worth £200million. Now the best Barca midfield ever seen with Xavi etc is now retiring soon, he has slowed down. Having said that though, I don't watch Liga football.

If the figure was £70-100m, however...

While I can understand sarcasm I'm baffled with comments that he wouldn't succeed in England or that 200m is too much.

Just for the sheer popularity we would get and with how much marketing value Leo has, it's well worth it.

Don't forget Adidas wants him also and since we are among their best partners, they would pay the part of his transfer too. If they could strap a Adidas blue shirt on Leo and with white Adidas shirt on Ronaldo, they would pull a major mindfuck on Nike. Two of the best football player sponsored by Adidas with also Hazard and Fabregas in the pack.

I do doubt that there is much truth to those rumors but I really like them, having Chelsea associated with Leo is a great marketing plus. You people wouldn't believe how much people dig even the crappiest rumors sometimes. Just go and see twitter xD

I do think he would succeed in our club and would take PL by storm. Trio of Messi, Hazard and Costa would probably surpass Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale in a split second.

I think we've all seen that you can never say never in football.

BREAKING: Sky Sports Sources suggest Barcelona have struck a deal for chelsea's star man John Obi Mikel.

The deal includes a total of 290m in fees, and also Lionel Messi going the other way.

Lord Mikel is expected to become the highest paid player in the world, earning around 600k a week in his new 7 year contract.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You