Lionel Messi

Myself

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be surprised to see before the end of the week news of Enrique being sacked with Messi 'close to agreeing an new contract' or some shit like that.

Be shocked if this isn't the case too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see before the end of the week news of Enrique being sacked with Messi 'close to agreeing an new contract' or some shit like that.

yeah.

i still don't get the instagram followings and all of that. seems a bit immature to follow another club on social media just to pressure the board to give you a new contract.

There is one forum I haven't visited since this rumour is doing the rounds on social media - the famous and delusional place called RAWK.

I'll be truly dissapointed if I won't find at least four or five rawkites saying they will give up on football if this deal actually happens.

Ironically some Chelsea fans here have said the same thing if he joins city.....

WTF boys! Lets be realistic if Messi REALLY want to join.

NO club can pay 190£m for one player, with or without help from Adidas and Turkish Airlanes. I believe Adidas gonna earn maybe 25£m more a year with Messi in a Adidas team.. So if they will help i think they gonna give us around 60£m extra in the sponsor deal. Turkish aint even close.

BUT, I think if we came with a bid it would be around 110-130£m.

You believe Messi new kit will only sell about 25m??? WHAT?? Keep in mind they don't have Messi right now so the change isn't from Barca to Chelsea but from Nike to Adidas which means they now net ALL of the returns on Messi's Adidas kit. He will EASILY sell 50m in kit sales.

You believe Messi new kit will only sell about 25m??? WHAT?? Keep in mind they don't have Messi right now so the change isn't from Barca to Chelsea but from Nike to Adidas which means they now net ALL of the returns on Messi's Adidas kit. He will EASILY sell 50m in kit sales.

Between 2009/10 to 2013/14 we averaged 875,000 shirt sales per year. At the expected price of £50 a shirt (and all other costs and complications removed) Messi would need to sell 1,000,000 shirts to make £50 million. I think the £25 million (500,000 shirts) over the course of 3/4 years is much more realistic.

Between 2009/10 to 2013/14 we averaged 875,000 shirt sales per year. At the expected price of £50 a shirt (and all other costs and complications removed) Messi would need to sell 1,000,000 shirts to make £50 million. I think the £25 million (500,000 shirts) over the course of 3/4 years is much more realistic.

I'm not sure what the number is but I would wager that Adidas would much rather have him in their kit than not. Ronaldo is and he sells the most Messi is second... I have a feeling if he signed with Chelsea he would be the Adidas poster boy.

I'm sorry, but this makes less than zero sense....Why in the world we go after the Argentinian Salah when we have the real thing right here?!

I know right? I've been screaming to the Salah thread, noone wants to listen :cry:

Anyways lolz at Luis Enrique, the guy is heading off a cliff on his own :lol:

But seriously if this was about to happen only Hazard transfer & sponsors can fund it, so let me think about it for a split second...... NO.

Sorry to be pessimistic but... Don't want this to happen...

Obviously Messi is terrific and all that... But for 200M or whatever we could adress all our squad needs/luxury signings and still have some left in the bank. Wouldn't make sense.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You