Filipe Luís

Jase

This signing probably means we're done signing starting XI players for now. We've signed Costa, Luis Kasmirski, Fabregas and Courtois is back, that's 4 out of 11 starters. These guys will need time to settle in the club. Another starter like a Pogba will mean we're changing half of our starting XI and this could be a big risk as we have some really tough away matches early on next season. I'm expecting more depth signings like a Tiago and maybe a second striker if Lukaku is hellbent on leaving and that's it.

Usually it would worry me but Jose seems to know how to gel them quicker.

04 05 six of our first choice Xl were new but we got record points and he signed a new spine in his second summer at Inter but won the treble.

Usually it would worry me but Jose seems to know how to gel them quicker.

04 05 six of our first choice Xl were new but we got record points and he signed a new spine in his second summer at Inter but won the treble.

It also helps that our new players are familiar with each other. Courtois, Costa and Luis all obviously know each other well, Costa and Fabregas(and Azpi and Torres) trained together for Spain NT. Their surroundings and the team won't be completely unfamiliar to them. It should help them a lot to settle in the club.

Filipe Luis :

"I never thought about leaving Atletico, but I took the decision because of the offer which came from Chelsea."

"A change of team gives new hunger and ambition, and I was worried about being too comfortable here. A footballer’s career is very short and I want to finish it in a strong and spectacular way."

"I have always liked Chelsea a lot. I watch a lot of the Premier League and it is a club where you can feel the warmth of the fans"

"When we played there in the Champions League I felt comfortable in their stadium and when the offer came I thought it was the ideal team for me to play for in England."

:clap:

With Demba Ba upront and without Matic in midfield we went to the Semis, this year with this team, we'll do the treble :D

I'm maybe getting ahead of myself, but it does look like with those 3 key signings we are now much stronger than last season. MUCH stronger. Champions League is a lot about opportunity and luck, but I wouldn't put it past us to go all the way. But still, I would prefer the league if I had to choose ;)

Happy with this signing.

I'm maybe getting ahead of myself, but it does look like with those 3 key signings we are now much stronger than last season. MUCH stronger. Champions League is a lot about opportunity and luck, but I wouldn't put it past us to go all the way. But still, I would prefer the league if I had to choose ;)

Happy with this signing.

I'd also choose the league, because it will mean that we have recaptured the winning way that made us what we are but mostly it will mean José's comeback was the right decision.The CL will be a bonus.

Started watching some atletico games from last season, to better scout costa, luis, courtois, and tiago; and my word I was blown away by this guy. Hes just good at everything and is very intelligent. Although not similar to lahm(different builds and styles) hes as effective. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins poty here.

He is clearly a great footballer and he could play well enough for at least four more years. But beyond being a good footballer, he seems to be a smart and nice guy. Could compensate for Diego Costa, for the 'nice' part :D

Welcome, Filipe! You came so close last season. Maybe in 2015 you'll win it.

Cracking signing! I think the new signings will fit in nicely because they come from clubs with winning mentalities so it should make the transition that much easier. Some players from smaller clubs take longer to adapt i.e Salah, Willian.