Filipe Luís

Jase

Azpilicueta didn't have the best time either at the beginning of last season. He worked his way back into Mourinho's plans. I'm sure Luis, in time, will be able to do the same.

Though in this situation, it means Mourinho will have to find reason to take Ivanovic out of the starting XI.

Exactly people seem to think thats it nailed on that he will not be a regular in other than the cup games, hes a top quality player he will get in eventually. Ivanovic and Azpi are gonna need rests and they will probably pick up an injury between them or their form will drop a bit, who knows? It happened with Cole last year and Azpi got in and stayed there for the rest of the year really so theres not a chance that it won't happen again.

Only JT retired could come as a solution for 'this problem' we have. Next month, next year we will still discuss about this endlessly.

But wait, even then someone will starting to put Zouma in, so we will still talk about this though.

Ignore my post then, please go on.

We can't go thinner than 5 senior defenders in the team. Even this current situation is a HUGE risk.

No Im talking about the starters. We have 5 brilliant defenders but not enough positions. It's inevitable that one would end up suffering. Thats hard to stomach.

Have to say, as much as Luis has given us some attacking threat from the LB position, he's yet to really convince fully from a defensive point of view.

Totally agree.

Defensively he has not shown to be anywhere as good as azpi. If attack is the reason he shiuld be selected, then our first xhoice LB just gave a wonderful assist against pool at antsfield.

Currently, we are playing our 2 best FBs.

No Im talking about the starters. We have 5 brilliant defenders but not enough positions. It's inevitable that one would end up suffering. Thats hard to stomach.

Wouldn't call what Luis is going through "suffering" at all. He's played and started plenty. There's nothing wrong with established players not being first choice as long as they are willing to fight to win their position.

Wouldn't call what Luis is going through "suffering" at all. He's played and started plenty. There's nothing wrong with established players not being first choice as long as they are willing to fight to win their position.

Suffering was the wrong word.

From outside looking in you can say that. But hes a top player.

The problem is that you cant fit him in.

This guy is a example of attitude that all players should have. He come here like one of the best RB of Europe and against of the expected he start on the bench. But he not do a bad face or has a bad attitude. He understand that the team is the first and respect the decision to the manager, and knows that for be a headline should work very much.

Guys like this, is that i want in my team.

This guy is a example of attitude that all players should have. He come here like one of the best RB of Europe and against of the expected he start on the bench. But he not do a bad face or has a bad attitude. He understand that the team is the first and respect the decision to the manager, and knows that for be a headline should work very much.

Guys like this, is that i want in my team.

I agree, he is like Azpi in that sense. A great attitude to have and a good player to have in the squad.

I'm still pretty certain he will end the season as first-choice LB.

Filipe Luis: "The biggest difference between Premier League and La Liga is that the (EPL) players dont give up." #CFC

Filipe Luis on the Premier League: "It has been a very good school for me and I am improving a lot." #CFC

Filipe Luis: "I'm not only playing in the Premier League but also under Jose Mourinho. I am very happy about improving myself. " #CFC