James Rodríguez

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

That was ages ago though.

I want him but it has to be on our terms, nothing worse than getting mugged off in one window by Milan, Napoli, Torino, Everton and then finally by Madrid.

That was only the season before last. Hazard POTY season right? 

What exactly would you say is our terms as well?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

That was only the season before last. Hazard POTY season right? 

What exactly would you say is our terms as well?

Yes but in Hazard's case he wasn't a one season wonder.

Our terms is James wanting to join the club and Chelsea not going anywhere near anything north of 60m. Having said that our actual terms, meaning what Chelsea deem fair could be north of what I stated

we already have one Rodríguez - Pedro Rodríguez

We can't have 3 Rodríguez Surnames Players playing for us.

We can't also have Ricardo Rodriguez and James Rodriguez in Chelsea's Team at the same time it could cause an Apocalyptic Armageddon Doomsday.

13 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Man, you'd think James never had that great season under Ancelotti according to some of these posts. He was easily one of the best 10s in the world that season. 

Hello Skip,

Hope you are well. A piece of homework for you please if you don't mind.

Before the season began I offered the opinion that, given a fair chance, Michy would make himself the first choice striker. That idea didn't get a lot of support so, okay, let's say Diego starts up top. I would still want to see Michy playing because I think he is simply too good to waste on the bench. If James signs, how can I get to see Diego, Michy, James and Eden in the same starting lineup?

Is there a shape that can make that work? Is there even a shape that could make it work with the other three if Michy is benched, given that 4231 is not among Antonio's favoured options?

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Skip,

Before the season began I offered the opinion that, given a fair chance, Michy would make himself the first choice striker. That idea didn't get a lot of support so, okay, let's say Diego starts up top. I would still want to see Michy playing because I think he is simply too good to waste on the bench. If James signs, how can I get to see Diego, Michy, James and Eden in the same starting lineup?

Is there a shape that can make that work? Is there even a shape that could make it work with the other three if Michy is benched, given that 4231 is not among Antonio's favoured options?

I lmow we already have a plethora of RAMs but wouldn't he be able to make that his own? Or in the middle of a 3-5-2 given the right defenders of course.

Its just we haven't had a proper number 10 for ages. We just use AMs in that position.

Eden - Diego - Batman - James

Cescy - N'Golo

New - New - Happy - Dave

We can't even afford enough fee to buy a Madrid reject :lol:

I'm already set that we are going to be ending up with absolutely No-bodji by the end of this transfer window. Oh well, at least Kante and Michy has hitted the ground running.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Skip,

I've actually slightly looked into this. This will be quite brief as I don't have time but I do appreciate that it could be seen a problem; but it's a good problem to have. We don't have a proper dedicated number 10 in this team and I'd like that option. I would say play James out wide as a wide playmaker (David Silva style) if you want to fit him in with Costa and Batshuayi. It could work.

If Conte is truly serious about the 4-4-2 then we can fit them all in, we have a few solutions. Currently, if we we're a side confident in possession we could field something like:

Hazard - Costa - Batshuayi - James

Fabregas - Kante

Azpi - x - Zouma - y

Courtois

*Azpi plays left back to help cover Fabregas' defensive deficiencies. We bring in a smart defender comfortable at playing the high line at x, and bring in a smart fullback at y who can support Zouma and Kante on the right hand side, whilst providing an outlet out wide on the right with James.

Of course, this is an extremely offensive team, and if we had need for more defensive cover we swap out Fabregas for Matic or Chalobah - or drop Michy or Costa and go for a 4-5-1 look:

Costa

Hazard - Fabregas - James - Willian

Kante

y - x - Zouma - Azpi

Courtois

*Again, if we need more defensive cover in this formation - drop Fabregas - I think this is okay though as he's being flanked by Kante, Azpi and Willian. 

My ideal choice for y? Young defender at Milan called De Sciglio who is adept at playing both sides of the pitch quite well. Conte will know him well and it gives us great flexibility.

Basically, this only works because of Kante's superb ability as a midfielder to cover gaps. Kante signing is huge. As Ranieri said, the guy is pretty much a  2 in 1 player. That's how I'd approach the problem anyway. 

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Bullshit rumours IMO.

Ive looked at it sceptically but it all sounds quite sensible.

No way Im counting thes fuckin chickens again but imagine us today with him instead of Oscar! Tingles it gives me so it does!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You