James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

My question is - does he fit in Conte's system?

Not sure he does, tbh. But you can never really have too many quality players. A manager as good as Conte and a player as good as James can find a way to fit in.

No chance this happens, of course.

26 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

My question is - does he fit in Conte's system?

Its the most important question, but as conte said he is a tailor and makes his system to what the team is best at. 424 going into juve but saw he needed pirlo and vidal on so he changed to suit them. He and the club wouldnt approve a transfer of this magnitude unless conte was certain he could make it work. I dont think it will happen however if it does i would be ecstatic!

Sign him would make so much sense, not only strengthen our midfield but also boost up our reputation and commercial value. His shirt sales can easily compensate more than half of what he costs. However, it's just too sensible for our board to see it.

9 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

People overrate him only because James is not our player. If was he was at Chelsea he would be just another Oscar. Still would take him for 30-40m but no more.

He's about 5 levels above Oscar in an attacking sense.

Better than Oscar in dribbling, finishing, creativity, long range passing, crossing, through balls, ball retention. His main asset is his long range shots.

They're similar in pace, set pieces, short range passing and free kicks.

Oscar has him covered comfortably in tackling, defence and work rate.

I'd be happy to take him if we end up selling Fabregas. He offers a lot going forward but his lack of pace and below average tackling could be an issue for Conte. It could work though in a midfield of three if Kante stays healthy and Matic discovers his top form.

Something like £55 million + Fabregas would make sense because Real apparently want to take Fabregas.. but whatever bid we do offer, it would be very ambitious!

I wouldn't mind seeing a team with Hazard, Rodriguez and Costa in it every week...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You