Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

People know I was never too fond about Cesc. He didnt have the legs since his second season here and we were badly exposed because of it. When it realy mattered he didnt show his leadership character but went into hiding which was unacceptable for someone like him. Under pressure, he was always terrible here.

But he was always a professional and his passing is just out of this world. He played big part in the 2014/15 title.

Thank you and good luck magic hat.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

People know I was never too fond about Cesc. He didnt have the legs since his second season here and we were badly exposed because of it. When it realy mattered he didnt show his leadership character but went into hiding which was unacceptable for someone like him. Under pressure, he was always terrible here.

But he was always a professional and his passing is just out of this world. He played big part in the 2014/15 title.

Thank you and good luck magic hat.

Would say thats incredibly harsh in my opinion.

He didnt have legs like at Arsenal when he was at Barcelona never mind here but his leadership qualities for me shone through as well as huge commitment especially when Conte basically marginalised him after trying to sign Nainggolan. Even under Sarri he stayed, worked hard, fair enough hes getting a move but Henry is a big swing in him going for me.

Terrible under pressure? Again, dont think thats true, he arrived in his first season under huge pressure to prove himself to us Chelsea fans first and foremost and too many people who thought he was never that good at Barcelona either. Under Conte too like I said was basically marginalised, he had limited chances, pressure to always perform to keep his place... ended up with 15 assists or something in a season where he didnt start 20 games.

The bad season we had under Jose, Matic was all over the place exposing Cesc more than the opposite way around for me, not that Cesc's defensive game was brilliant but he wasn't signed to be a defensive midfielder. Under Conte in that second season, he was trying thing's but they werent working, our strikers and wingers werent scoring, there was a severe lack of movement infront of him too hard for any midfielder to hit runners when there are no runners. 

One thing he always has is the courage or confidence to try and play forward even if its a difficult pass. Truely a great PL midfielder in my eyes, maybe not a Scholes, Lampars, Gerrard, Viera sort of level, just below it but hes unfortunate hes only won 2 PL titles but hey he did play for Arsenal at his very best performances.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would say thats incredibly harsh in my opinion.

He didnt have legs like at Arsenal when he was at Barcelona never mind here but his leadership qualities for me shone through as well as huge commitment especially when Conte basically marginalised him after trying to sign Nainggolan. Even under Sarri he stayed, worked hard, fair enough hes getting a move but Henry is a big swing in him going for me.

Terrible under pressure? Again, dont think thats true, he arrived in his first season under huge pressure to prove himself to us Chelsea fans first and foremost and too many people who thought he was never that good at Barcelona either. Under Conte too like I said was basically marginalised, he had limited chances, pressure to always perform to keep his place... ended up with 15 assists or something in a season where he didnt start 20 games.

The bad season we had under Jose, Matic was all over the place exposing Cesc more than the opposite way around for me, not that Cesc's defensive game was brilliant but he wasn't signed to be a defensive midfielder. Under Conte in that second season, he was trying thing's but they werent working, our strikers and wingers werent scoring, there was a severe lack of movement infront of him too hard for any midfielder to hit runners when there are no runners. 

One thing he always has is the courage or confidence to try and play forward even if its a difficult pass. Truely a great PL midfielder in my eyes, maybe not a Scholes, Lampars, Gerrard, Viera sort of level, just below it but hes unfortunate hes only won 2 PL titles but hey he did play for Arsenal at his very best performances.

Every team that put slight pressure on him, he became invisible. The year we won title, he was great against Arsenal, but realy poor against other big teams. Same in CL. He just doesnt have that ability to hold on the ball and carry it. He was absolutely brilliant against small sides who didnt press us because he had all the time in the world to deliver the pass.

His leadership was also always lacking against the big teams. He didnt ''lead'' us in those games at all. He didnt motivate etc because he himself wasnt big game player. When he should guide us, he often held his head low and just went with the flow of the game. Never put that never give up attitude in big games.

But people have been blinded by his assist numbers. The same year we won title, I remember he was complete disaster vs PSG. Sure he could deliver a pass or two, but generaly speaking he was always completely hidden in such games here with maybe one or two exceptions.

That said, he is who he is and he was still great against smaller sides. Perfect small side killer. Im happy we had him because his role was important in 2015 title. But overall I wont miss him too much. We never looked dominant with him in the side, our midfield was slow and had no dynamic and I was screaming since 2015 to bench him and get someone with legs. I almost went balistic when Conte put him back in starting eleven last year after shifting him out perfectly a year before.

I would always have him on bench or against small sides, but when it came to top dogs, he would be the first to be benched IMO. Thats why we had such poor showing that year in CL, our midfield was just crap with Cesc. Matic was amazing, but Cesc was total opposite. And long term if you want to win such trophies, you need a player that can deliver in small and big games.

Tremendous bang for our buck. Really was a bargain of a signing for just 32m or whatever it was. What a first season he had.

While he obviously won't be regarded as a Chelsea legend, he's certainly a PL legend. Will miss him!