Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Next season Cesc has to be great for the whole season. Frankly speaking his performances since January has been poor. He can also add a little more urgency and physicality to his game.

Next season Cesc has to be great for the whole season. Frankly speaking his performances since January has been poor. He can also add a little more urgency and physicality to his game.

I wouldn't say poor.

First half of season - 9-9.5 magnificent, best form ever (he said this himself). Some games of him were unreal, WBA at home he completed the most passes ever in EPL for example. Many MOTM performances.

Second half of season - 7-7.5 good, still very creative, good playmaker. Instrumental for our play. Had some below average performances but still some very good ones.

Overall season - 8-8.5 read he has 30 assists for us in all competitions (not sure) and 17 now in the EPL. Besides the stats, our whole style changed thanks to him.

Spanish and especially Barcelona fans saying he doesnt show in big games, and maybe there's a point, but how is it that no one reminds the little fact he assisted and had the biggest part in Spain's winning goal in a WC final? that assist was a great one!

Im not saying it says something, its only one assist, but Iniesta gets so much credit for that goal and it was a like the final evidence of him being a true winner, and its a finish he had to make, but Cesc gets no credit for an assist that isnt an obvious one imo.

Any idea why Fabregas wears the mask in the first half of matches but then takes it off in the second period? Seems odd.

It probably gets super sweaty and uncomfortable.

Maybe it affects his peripheral vision as well?

It probably gets super sweaty and uncomfortable.

Maybe it affects his peripheral vision as well?

But if he's already aware of that after the first 2-3 games, then why continue to wear it (especially when he doesn't look to be concerned about taking another whack to the face)?

But if he's already aware of that after the first 2-3 games, then why continue to wear it (especially when he doesn't look to be concerned about taking another whack to the face)?

Great question :lol:

Maybe he starts with it on just in case the match is very physical and then once he realizes it's not he takes it off? It definitely is weird/funny that he always ends up removing it.

Great question :lol:

Maybe he starts with it on just in case the match is very physical and then once he realizes it's not he takes it off? It definitely is weird/funny that he always ends up removing it.

Yep, I can sympathise with this... before a game I'd always wear knee pads to protect the knee I severely damaged a few years back. If I found the game wasn't all that physical or the surface was soft enough to not need them, I'd remove them at half-time.