Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

Lol at people blaming torres. we arent playing football and just defending, how should a striker play probably there? you could put up messi or Ronaldo upfront with our approach of today and they wont be doing anything. blame the tactics, not torres for today. when we attack we attack with maximum 2 or 3 players versus 5 or 6

OK performance so far, defensivley solid and not giving them any clear goal scoring opportunitys. But we have almost nothing offensively apart from some dodgy long balls to a even more dodgy Torres who can't hold one for the life of his...I'd swap Schurrle for Rami or Mikel for the second half.

That wasted Freekick drives me crazy. The Guy gets payed 100-200K a Week to shoot a Freekick into a 2-Man Wall far far away ... drives me crazy. What a waste.

You are obviousley fucking retarded. Did you not see the wall move forward and cheat ending up 3 meters infront of him?

By far the ugliest game I've seen us play in years. No effort to attack outside set pieces at all.

i know right? jose should open FM database and erase hazard,ivanovic and etoo injury, and make matic and salah eligible. fool jose... im with u brother

Decent first half, most of us would have taken 0-0 before the game.

People complaining about the footballers are idiots. We're here to get a result back to the Bridge, not play tika taka and get roasted on the counter attack. Look what Atletico did to Barca, they are a great side but I don't think they have the attacking pedigree to take us.

Schurrle on for Ramires though, and he gets alot of stick but David Luiz is having a great game. Breaking up attacks and actually playing dangerous long balls unlike Mikel.

The tactics would make more sense if we had an outlet, someone who can carry the ball forward. We do have that in Willian but we're not using him. Instead of just hoofing it to Torres, the plan should be to find Willian who can then use his pace and dribbling abilities to transition. Willian needs to be a lot more involved.

I still think our midfielders are not having a good game. Willian, Ramirez and one the DMs need to press hard and not fall back too deep. We need to disrupt their play in the midfield in order to counter attack. Put falling back too deep will only allow us to deploy the long ball to Torres. But sitting back too deep allows them to use long shots against us and overwhelm our defense. The could thing is Azpi and Cahill are doing great on their side. Atletico are not attacking Cole's side. I hope they don't. Anyways it is a good half for us, and they didn't pose much threat. Would love to see an away goal.

Our fans are beyond clueless. Even Messi did nothing against this Atletico team but you expect a striker to score when the team is clearly making zero effort to score?

We were more attacking when we went down to 10 against at the Camp Nou and Bosingwa was playing CB.

Anyone blaming Torres should kill themselves seriously. Being completely isolated against the best defense in the World and feeding on nothing but 10-90 balls simply does not warrant any abuse.

Sometimes it's just the We-Hate-Torres-Club on here. Whatever your thoughts let's get behind him while he is on the pitch. And the rest of the team.