Chelsea 2-0 PSG

Jase

MOTM  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the fee A.Madrid would have to pay for Courtois to play is €3m per match.

8million GBP was quoted in reliable london newspaper (metro), that's over 10million euros, the club have said it's too expensive to play him if they draw chelsea

8million GBP was quoted in reliable london newspaper (metro), that's over 10million euros, the club have said it's too expensive to play him if they draw chelsea

Guillem Balague said live on Sky Sports today it is €3m per match, so €6m for both legs. I believe him over an English paper.

It's all rumors. You can't just find out contract details like that. Not a single Atletico official has come up with an official answer. Purely made up figures. Whether its 3 , 5 , 6 or 8, for a team like Atletico, it's not economically feasible to pay money over two legs. Even though they will receive 4.5m just from taking part in the semi-final.

To pay us, Atletico would have to loan money from bank and they just can't in the situation they are in. Courtois will only play against us if we struck some sort of deal (for Costa or anyone else).

Chelsea do not need to take money. Let the kid play. It's his biggest game of his career, but set up a deal with Atletico to deduct money from Costa's fee. A preliminary contract should be ready to be presented in this summer.

Chelsea do not need to take money. Let the kid play. It's his biggest game of his career, but set up a deal with Atletico to deduct money from Costa's fee. A preliminary contract should be ready to be presented in this summer.

Exactly. If they don't let him play it may strain his relationship and hinder the chances of him staying with the club.

If Chelsea demands money or prevents him from playing, then say bye bye to Costa, I feel.

Why? If it’s clearly written in the fucking contract agreed by all parties last summer, no one should have any complaints. If the possibility of meeting Chelsea without Courtois being eligible to play wasn’t okay to them, then maybe they shouldn’t have loaned him at all and instead taken their chances with some second rate keeper for the other 50 matches of the season as well? If the alternative was between having him for all games except ones against Chelsea or not having him at all, I know which one is more beneficial to Atletico so they should just be grateful for the fact they have enjoyed three good years with an amazing goalkeeper for peanuts.

And those saying Courtois could somehow be affected by potentially being denied the opportunity to play in either a Champions League semifinal or even the final need to remember that the lad himself has also previously agreed to the terms of the loan contract. If the game he would end up missing happened to be a CL final or the semis that's tough shit, but maybe he should have thought about that sooner? Anyway I’m pretty sure the guy understands the situation perfectly well. This isn't personal, just business.

But, let’s wait for the draw first before even continuing this discussion further because the chances of us meeting Atletico are not even that high.

I know I can be a fan boy at time! ....but to people saying that Torres did nothing when he came on... The ball that Cahill Launches in - If Nando doesn't challenge Alex for that , Alex simply headers the ball up the field and chance is gone!

I completely Agree that Torres has been guff off late(very late)

But you HAVE to see that and give him credit cause if he hadn't we would not have got the chance!

i believe that we shouldnt allow atletico to use courtois cause its gonna be so much harder for us to qualify from them.

i believe that if we dont allow him to play, he wont come next year back to be our main goalie.

i believe that if we allow them to use him, we will make a secret agreement for diego costa in the coming transfer window.

maybe just let him play, and get the 6 millions from both games, or let him play and make a discount on costa later on!

in such case, we could get courtois back in summer, with lukaku or costa and we will be a lot more stronger!

Well well well

It took me 3 days to read anything about this game. Still painful as hell. But since I came on this forum before the two games and shared my thoughts and confidence I feel it is normal to come back one last time to :

- congratulate Mourinho for the motivation he brought to his players

- the chelsea team who deserved every bit of the qualification

- the players who showed they were men and not kids

- the fans who believed in it.

Nothing to say about the game in detail, too much to say. I just feel we need to gain experience and gain maturity (lucas, verratti etc...).

See you next year, hopefully for a re-match! and good luck for the rest of the CL. Now that you've beaten us you better win it otherwise i'll be pissed. :-)

That's class.