Candidate for Shirt #10 next season?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That numbers matter to football supporters. It's silly but a lot of the things associated with the game are.

The number 10 shirt is a prestige shirt and it should go to someone like Hazard if you have a player like him in the team.

Number 26 will probably be left vacant (we don't really retire numbers) for a while like the 25, but number 8 will be reallocated once Frank leaves/retires.

:D Well done.

Don't get the fuss about players wearing certain shirt numbers like this one. Would they actually get some superhuman powers if they wear the No.10 shirt?! :doh:

Sorry but I think you're making a bigger fuss about it by saying this. Calm down they're just discussing who will get this quite 'prestigious' number. It's nothing 'facepalm' worthy.

Sorry but I think you're making a bigger fuss about it by saying this. Calm down they're just discussing who will get this quite 'prestigious' number. It's nothing 'facepalm' worthy.

Am making a bigger fuss just because I was stating my point across? :doh:

Calm down? For what? Like I was even pissed to begin with. Such things may be important to other fans, that's fine but just from my own perspective, I don't get why there is a need to always talk about this like the player will get some special ability if they get the 'No. X' shirt.

Calm down? For what? Like I was even pissed to begin with. Such things may be important to other fans, that's fine but just from my own perspective, I don't get why there is a need to always talk about this like the player will get some special ability if they get the 'No. X' shirt.

Special ability no but it can give a confidence boost and make the player feel better in the team maybe even give him a heightened sense of responsibility.

It's also a sign of confidence from the club towards the player as normally the number 10 is given to the best attacking player.

Hazard will probably ask for it. Did the same thing in Lille, had number 26 and when the player wearing number 10 left he asked and got the number so i'd be suprised if he didn't ask for it now.

He holds special meaning to the number and also Zidane wore number 10 aswell. (his childhood idol for the people that don't know)

Hazard. He's the king now. He calls the shots around the Bridge, He's our Ronaldo at the minute.

Nah, he's not on that level yet, might never be.

Mourinho is the king, he has the most marketability, the most sponsorships (Braun, Porsche, Yahoo etc). Jose is the symbol of the club now, only two players in world football have more 'star power' than our manager.

^ It's already been explained to you how it's about prestige, tradition, culture, yet here you are still making sarcastic remarks.

Sarcastic or not, hardly detracts my point. At the end of the day, I personally can't be bothered with which player wearing what number. It's the name on the back of the shirt that matters and it's them that make the number, whichever they are wearing, memorable if anything.

Sarcastic or not, hardly detracts my point. At the end of the day, I personally can't be bothered with which player wearing what number. It's the name on the back of the shirt that matters and it's them that make the number, whichever they are wearing, memorable if anything.

Well, it does actually matter, that's objective.. and universal across all football clubs and national teams. There is no.. 'point' to detract, only my facts.

Nah, he's not on that level yet, might never be.

Mourinho is the king, he has the most marketability, the most sponsorships (Braun, Porsche, Yahoo etc). Jose is the symbol of the club now, only two players in world football have more 'star power' than our manager.

I'd imagine on the pitch and around the training ground Hazard is the man though, seeing as we wouldn't be in this title race if it wasn't for him

The thing is, Chelsea's #10 doesnt even have a huge sentimental history behind it!

The only reason Brazil's #10 is so legendary is because our tops players (back in the 60s and 70s) happened to all be in the same position. Thus culminating in all of them wearing the same kit number. It was not something planned, like "let's give this shirt to our best player" or whatever...

The thing is, Chelsea's #10 doesnt even have a huge sentimental history behind it!

The only reason Brazil's #10 is so legendary is because our tops players (back in the 60s and 70s) happened to all be in the same position. Thus culminating in all of them wearing the same kit number. It was not something planned, like "let's give this shirt to our best player" or whatever...

It has a prestige/tradition now (regardless of how that prestige came to be). Hence why players like Adebayor & Wilshere gravitate towards it. As a kid, playing for grass root sunday league teams, everyone wants it. It's football romanticism, passion, soul, it's a symbol.