Candidate for Shirt #10 next season?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#8 and #26 should be retired when both of them leaves the club IMO

Don't think 8 can be retired.

But I have no doubt about 26 though. Infact that is what I find suprising. I would rather want EH making 17 a number to be feared rather than taking a no.10. Make 17 your legacy.

Don't think 8 can be retired.

But I have no doubt about 26 though. Infact that is what I find suprising. I would rather want EH making 17 a number to be feared rather than taking a no.10. Make 17 your legacy.

Milan retired Maldini #3 and Baresi #6.

There is a possibility that #8 could be retired. Even Terry said he'll like to see the No.8 shirt retired after Frank leaves.

I'd like to see Hazard carve the number 17 into a mystical number for us. Like United's number 7.

7 is probably the third most famous number in world football, 17 is associated with bench players. Its going to take a lot to make that number mystical.

I have always believed that the no 10 should be reserved for the teams most creative and at the moment Hazard is the standout candidate. the only scenario that will make it even debatable is if we miraculously sign messi, Iniesta or Silva in the summer. It's an historic number that still means something to majority of football players, fans, pundits around the world.

And lol at the oscar suggestions, we might as well give it to Azpilicueta.

I have always believed that the no 10 should be reserved for the teams most creative and at the moment Hazard is the standout candidate. the only scenario that will make it even debatable is if we miraculously sign messi, Iniesta or Silva in the summer. It's an historic number that still means something to majority of football players, fans, pundits around the world.

And lol at the oscar suggestions, we might as well give it to Azpilicueta.

Arsenal #10: Jack Wilshere

Manchester City #10: Dzeko

Manchester United #10: Wayne Rooney

Tottenham #10: Abadeyor

Yea I know that it matters to a lot people but I've never really understand why. It's just a number.

Now I could see it from a marketing stand point but I couldn't care less about what numbers people are

If you don't care, don't post in the thread about it.

Numbers are positions.. so of course they have meaning, why do you think national teams are 1-11, and change depending on who gets selected. It's also about tradition & culture, Chelsea are accused of having none and people like you are the problem.

Arsenal #10: Jack Wilshere

Manchester City #10: Dzeko

Manchester United #10: Wayne Rooney

Tottenham #10: Abadeyor

And what are you trying to prove? that the no 10 or squad numbers no longer holds any historic value and significance or never did based on some exceptions?.

And what are you trying to prove? that the no 10 or squad numbers no longer holds any historic value and significance or never did based on some exceptions?.

+

Bayern Munich: Robben

Dortmund: Henrik

PSG: Zlatan

England NT: Jack WIlshere.

The amount of time and effort you spent on slating Oscar is really mind boggling.

Actually, on other chelsea forums, the English posters are similar to you, but their like 15 years old + english.

If you don't care, don't post in the thread about it.

Numbers are positions.. so of course they have meaning, why do you think national teams are 1-11, and change depending on who gets selected. It's also about tradition & culture, Chelsea are accused of having none and people like you are the problem.

Oh so sorry, I didn't mean to upset the all mighty TX. I can put my input on it just as much as you can. I just stated my opinion.

Numbers now-a-days aren't really just for positions though. Neymar took the no. 10 from Oscar when it's Oscar that plays that position. I know it's related to position, but if it's that's really the reason then people would be assigned those numbers and whoever was playing in that position would for sure have that number. That's not completely how it works now.

And it's ridiculous that you think cause I have my opinion that is different than your perfect one that I'm the reason Chelsea gets accused of that.