Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

This is one hell of an important game. Can't even express it into words. Win this and we're in a very good position.

I think City are a much better team than some on here think they, but no matter how good of a team you are you don't want to be playing catch up to Mourinho side in March. It's not only the pressure but also the psychological impact of knowing that a team is 9 points ahead of you in the title race, regardless of the 3 games in hand, you begin to accept it as inevitable that they'll win it and with that some complacency will creep in. Maybe wishing thinking but I firmly believe that.

Then again, City have just won a trophy and their in the mix for another so maybe the possibility of winning the domestic treble would be enough motivation to push them through. I would very surprised though.

3 points. Nothing less.

Don't think this has been mentioned yet but after conceding 2 goals in the last 2 games from set pieces, we have gotta make sure we sort out this mess and it doesn't happen again this weekend with the aerial threat of Spurs like Adebayor, Vertonghen etc and not revert to the disaster we had in last December!

We really need 3 points here and also, as "Bluesmaster" stated, we need to sort ourselves out from set pieces. But overall, What a season we are having!! If i had said last October that, in March we would be 4 points ahead with the possibility of making it 7, most people would say that I was spending too much time on the hallucinogens !!! but wouldn't it be great ????? I dont give a rats arse if Citeh have 2 or 3 games in hand, they still have to win them, and Liverpool have now moved into the equation too.

But first off lets beat the Yids (not allowed to call them that any more am I ? :halo: ) and put some daylight between ourselves and the pack, and really smash Spurs chance of European football next season after all the dosh they spent.

As Kevin Keegan once said " I would love it if we beat them, just Love it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So COM'N YOU BLUES

Schurrle not as a striker please. Scoring goals when making midfield runs into space is very different to playing as a striker. He started as one against Man U at OT early in the season and did absolutely nothing.

This, this and this.

Just because you score goals doesn't mean you should automatically be a striker. Schurrle wouldn't have been in the position to score those if he was playing up front.

So Hodgson says Kyle Walker needs "at least" a week to reach fitness so that's one less thing to be concerned about for us. His pace can cause a few problems.

Hope Willian/Schürlle and Hazard are really up for this becasue those Spuds fullbacks are there to be bent over. They struggle mightily to score against bad defenses so if we're dialed in and don't have any stupid mistakes we should be able to shut them down.

So Hodgson says Kyle Walker needs "at least" a week to reach fitness so that's one less thing to be concerned about for us. His pace can cause a few problems.

Hope Willian/Schürlle and Hazard are really up for this becasue those Spuds fullbacks are there to be bent over. They struggle mightily to score against bad defenses so if we're dialed in and don't have any stupid mistakes we should be able to shut them down.

A shame, because Naughton is a better right-back defensively than Walker, although they're both no better than average in my humble opinion. Hazard and Willian with have either on toast. They've torn far better full-backs to pieces this season, Zabaleta and Debuchy, for instance.