Galatasaray v Chelsea

Jase

Tactical preview of the game by WhoScored in the Guardian..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2014/feb/25/tactical-previews-champions-league-manchester-united-chelsea?CMP=twt_gu

Interesting statistics...

In their recent away fixtures at Arsenal and Manchester City (twice), Chelsea had a total of two shots in the first 15 minutes of all three games.

They will again look to sit back at first and draw their opponents out, leaving space behind into which they can counter. No team scored more counter-attacking goals away from home in the Champions League group stages than Chelsea (two). They will again look to utilise the pace and dribbling skills of Eden Hazard and Willian.

Galatasaray, meanwhile, will look to break up Chelsea's passing. They made more interceptions (125) than any other side in the group stage. When they drew in Turin, they made a combined total of 65 interceptions, tackles and fouls, and they will try to disrupt Chelsea in the same way on Wednesday.

Then we ought to play him tomorrow so that even if he gets a yellow he just misses a home leg in the last 16 (and not a match in the later stages)

think that shouldn't be a factor in team selection at all. mikel is coming back from injury, best leave him out for this

Fuck i forgot Mancini was their manager lol, now i really hope we smash them more. It's gonna be a VERY tough game though, i don't think we'll win there. I'd take any draw or even a 2-1 defeat isn't a disaster. I think we're in a good position though.

Press Conference notes:

Petr Cech: 'I'm excited because it's a big game and it's my first time playing here in this stadium.' #CFC

Cech: 'It's a new situation to face Drogba. We know how important a player he is so we need to make sure we play well against him.' #CFC

Cech: 'We've been having a good period with good results and we want to carry that on tomorrow.' #CFC

Jose: 'I look forward to every match, I like to do it against the best and Galatsaray are Turkish champions.' #CFC

Jose: 'To face Drogba will be difficult, it's a strange feeling but we have to do our job because he will want to do his job.' #CFC

Jose: 'Last season was difficult here with Real Madrid and this season, with Chelsea, will be no different.' #CFC

Jose: 'We are not favourites (to win the CL) but when a team reaches the q/f anything is possible, so this is an important round.' #CFC

Jose: 'We will play to win but we know they are strong. They have special attacking players, even on the bench.' #CFC

COME ON CHELSEA!! :blue scalf:

Looks like we'll find out about the team news slightly later today, hopefully. His presser was live on Sky Sports News just awhile and no one asked him about that while it was on and now it's over, at least on SSN.

Because we will be parking the bus and his legs are gone for that.

That's strange logic? surely if we were parking the bus Lampard would be better suited to that, where could just sit in front of the back four, but the fact that we play counter attacking football and break at pace is the real reason why Lampard wont play. :rolleyes:

Sometimes i do wonder if people actually watch our games!

That's strange logic? surely if we were parking the bus Lampard would be better suited to that, where could just sit in front of the back four, but the fact that we play counter attacking football and break at pace is the real reason why Lampard wont play. :rolleyes:

Sometimes i do wonder if people actually watch our games!

Maybe because he doesn't tackle much and doesn't do anything to contribute defensively? :ph34r:

Maybe because he doesn't tackle much and doesn't do anything to contribute defensively? :ph34r:

Not true. Statistically he puts in more tackles per game than Mikel, Cahill or Terry. In fact in the Champions League games, only 6 players make more tackles than him per game and only 5 players make more interceptions (he makes the same number per game as Ramires).

He's underrated as a defensive presence and he's always got a goal in him so I think he definitely could play alongside Ramires in a midfield two or alongside Mikel and Ramires (or even Luiz) in a midfield 3.

Hi to all friends here..I was at the stadium in 2000 which chelsea won 5 to 0...and tomorrow i will again be at the tt arena istanbul..but this time it will not be so easy for you..at 2000 it was the last match that we lost in europe and won the ueafa cup against arsenal..wellcome to the hell istanbul .i hope it will be friendly match.good luck to all of us..very nice forum...i am a galatasaray fan in istanbul..i can answer your questions if you need

More looking forward to and anxious about the Fulham game than this one to be completely honest.

Wouldn't be bothered if we came out with a draw. Only thing I care about this season is the Premier League.