Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Pretty crazy that we may sell Matic whilst Mikel will still remain here. At his best, Matic is still a great player and can start many games for us this coming season. Mikel at his best is nothing more than a 4th choice midfielder or an injury emergency type.

I guess it's because we can actually get a nice sum for him as opposed to Mikel.

In addition to Cuadrado, #Juventus also asked about Matic, a player #CFC paid €25m to acquire from Benfica. (via @DavidAmoyal / @DiMarzio)

But Conte has taken midfielder Matic off the market, #Juventus will keep trying but it will be difficult (via @DavidAmoyal /@DiMarzio) #CFC

SkyItalia reporting that while Conte would be happy to keep Cuadrado here but is willing to sell if we receive a good offer, he seems intent on keeping Matic. Really happy about that if true. I think he recognises his qualities and how useful an asset he is.

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

Matic is a quality player; one bad season doesn't take that away. I really hope he proves his doubters wrong as on his day he is immense. 

Sad to say I am one of those doubters.

It's been a bad season and a half, not a bad season. He was great for the remainder of the season when he returned. He had many more good performances than bad ones in the first half of the title season but since that season reached its midway point Nemanja has produced more poor displays than good ones. Many more.

5 minutes ago, Stats said:

Please do not sell him. Even if Conte I planning on him starting all the time, he is a valuable asset to the squad. Just imagine a trio of Matic-Fabregas-Kante....

Hope this is bullshit.

Do u not feel that matic slow down are play last season?? If we were to find a good replacement for him I wouldn't loss no sleep of matic leaving

1 minute ago, wilander said:

50% best of Matic is still better than 100% best but lazy Mikel.

If Kante comes, the guy should go must be Mikel not Matic!

Not even Mikel can hand ball in his own yard like a dumbfuck!

Sell him while he still has some value he sucks to the point Mikel looked like Makelele compared to Matic last season.

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Do u not feel that matic slow down are play last season?? If we were to find a good replacement for him I wouldn't loss no sleep of matic leaving

I feel he was a lot slower at anticipating situations last season but it did not help that Fabregas was poor of a huge chunk as well. With Kante in the team, I think it would improve Matic. It should not be buy one, sell the other. Matic on top form is the best at what he does. And while Kante is excellent, Matic offers a physical and dominant presence because of his size and we need that.

And I don't see who we will get as a good replacement unless we are paying over the odds. Same way people are sure Hazard will be back to his best, I am sure about Matic coming back to his best as well.