Best CM Pairing?

Gilvorak

If Lampard performs like this on a regular basis then I agree, Lampard - Ramires is our best pairing.

What he did so well today was how disciplined he was in his role - but also picked out the right times to go forward - and his passing today was sublime. Great performance from Frank, and exactly what we want from our DLP.

Yes just sitting back and isolating your partner slowing the game down and not protecting the back our is not what we need from midfield . Do not confuse just staying back and doing not much at all with discipline. What he did so well today was press and support our three AM's with great forward early passing and link play as well as score our very important equaliser.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't we try to get Mendy... I don't know why there isn't any big club knocking on the door of this kid?

If your talking about Nampalys Mendy...United have been linked with him since June..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8856900/nice-midfielder-nanpalys-mendy-denies-manchester-united-link

He wants to stay at Nice for the time being...

If your talking about Nampalys Mendy...United have been linked with him since June..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8856900/nice-midfielder-nanpalys-mendy-denies-manchester-united-link

He wants to stay at Nice for the time being...

yeah I'm talking about him, was pretty good at Monaco and has developed nicely, I think he can be a gem, just if Romelu doesn't make it here.

Rammy was terrible v Stoke but once again whoever plays with Mikel is left on their own to do all the running and fighting while Obi is just standing there playing his sideways passes across the pitch ,the two midfielders have to work together in defence and in counter attacking backing up our three AM s whoever plays with him in the two deeper midfielders looks terrible ,why? they have to do all his running,closing down and linking with our AM's while he is swanning around at his snail like pace slowing us down and NOT PROTECTING THE BACK FOUR as we are told he does .

Ramires /Lampard is our best by a long long way and will give anyone a game even when outnumbered in there. Time and time again whoever plays with Mikel suffers and that includes Ramires and Lampard while people will tell you sideways balls and no running is brilliant and exactly what we need ,it isn't .

Rammy was terrible v Stoke but once again whoever plays with Mikel is left on their own to do all the running and fighting while Obi is just standing there playing his sideways passes across the pitch ,the two midfielders have to work together in defence and in counter attacking backing up our three AM s whoever plays with him in the two deeper midfielders looks terrible ,why? they have to do all his running,closing down and linking with our AM's while he is swanning around at his snail like pace slowing us down and NOT PROTECTING THE BACK FOUR as we are told he does .

Do you seriously not get tired of spewing you anti-Mikel bile? The whole team, except Andre, were bad today.

No he is a :wank2: and was again today do you not get fed up supporting a :wank2: ? who was dreadful once again and yet people still make excuses for him when he has done nothing and he was not bailed out by our good players today.

Nah, I'll never get fed up supporting my team, thanks. :blue scalf: Do you not get fed up of being a :wank2: ?

:D

Yeah supporting them from your bedroom ,you know nothing about Chelsea and wouldnt support them but for success supporters like you are here for the glory ,nothing else and on top of that you know nothing about football a fanboy personnified.

what do you expect? to drop our lives and relocate to London to watch Chelsea? ofcourse, we catch them from our bedrooms/living rooms. doesn't mean the support is any less

what do you expect? to drop our lives and relocate to London to watch Chelsea? ofcourse, we catch them from our bedrooms/living rooms. doesn't mean the support is any less

Although I understand what you mean, I think it does mean "the support is any less." Being literally in the stands cheering them on I think makes you more of a supporter, even though probably most Chelsea supporters (including myself) don't have the means to do it at the moment. Although no doubt many of us are equally if not more emotionally vested in the team.

Although I understand what you mean, I think it does mean "the support is any less." Being literally in the stands cheering them on I think makes you more of a supporter, even though probably most Chelsea supporters (including myself) don't have the means to do it at the moment. Although no doubt many of us are equally if not more emotionally vested in the team.

i don't think so. but i don't want to derail this thread on that so, i'll keep quiet

No lets not have someone who knows more about gaelic football derailing the thread that now is settled with the terrible performance of Rammy (who was on his own) and the useless Obi Mikel hauled off again and our seven year mistake ,his sideways passes and lack of fight left Rammy isolated yesterday and he suffered as many others have who have the misfortune to partner him over the years . Useless and hauled off again yesterday and given the run around by Ireland ,protects the back four? I dont think so.

Time for him to show us what a good player is somewhere else,you dont get dropped and continually hauled off if you are a good player,it is because when you get the chance you let the team down on a regular basis and the team are destined to lose a match very soon as the stats suggest because Mikel is playing. The slow sideways passing stats mean nowt and the notion that he protects the back four is laughable.