• Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Schurrle
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ba (sub)
    • Lampard (sub)
    • Eto'o (sub)

I really wish people would stop saying this.

We scored 9 goals in the last 3 games - granted not many of them by our strikers but the main problem we are having right now is our defence being too vulnerable.

I agree having a top class striker would definitely help the situation but we should not be conceding 3 goals against teams like Sunderland and Stoke, sorry. That's the main problem right now.

And if you had bothered reading the rest of the post you would have read that I said the defence is too vulnerable! Torres missed chances in the last 2 games where had he scored it could have been game over. The fact is we can't keep relying on our midfielders and defenders to keep scoring. But I do agree that we need to get our defence in order.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Rangers game today so just watched the full rerun on sky sports, well that is a few hours I am not getting back.

I honestly don't even have the words or energy to describe how absolutely shocking that performance was.

:rant:

you know you're having a shit season if you're level on points with liverpool and behind arsenal in the standings... but i'm thinking, you know, our defence must be so poor if stoke, who only scored three goals in their last six games at home, can match that ratio against us... southampton one shot on goal, sunderland three shots on goal and stoke three shots on goal - seven shots on our goal and seven goals conceded in the last 3 epl games. wtf?

I don't know dude, having average 2 points per game is not too bad I suppose. And Liverpool have actually been amazing this season bar 1-2 cock up, especially with senor Suarez in their team.

Eto for Schurrle was the moment i knew we wont win anymore. Schurrle was injured but we lost the midfield after that.

Cant blame mourinho, how could he expect cahill, azpi, cech and especially eto to be complete shit

it was Bran at rb doing a bosingwa for the last goal

it was Bran at rb doing a bosingwa for the last goal

Eto lost the ball that lead to that last goal, he kept on attempting stupid passes and flicks that never came off. I lost count how many times he lost the ball when he came on

azpi fell down for the second goal, and more importantly made walters look like gareth fukin bale. He was owned by walters :doh:

cech gave them an xmas present for the first goal. In fact southampton, sunderland and stoke have had 7 shots on target combined and we've conceded 7.

Saying it has been a disaster is an understatement.

I was at Rangers game today so just watched the full rerun on sky sports, well that is a few hours I am not getting back.

I honestly don't even have the words or energy to describe how absolutely shocking that performance was.

:rant:

The performance wasn't that bad, only the defense is a shambles

Why the hell did he play the same people after the terrible defensive performance against Southamptoon, today Azpi did not mark his man, he was very weak.

I really really want to see Luiz and Cole back in defence :(

So upset by that result, was so happy UTD lost but then we go and lose to ****** Stoke. Not happy, what a birthday for JT :(

I missed the game today sounds like it frustrating. However bad it was it doesnt automatically eliminate us from the title race not yet anyway, take a chill pill guys

You saved yourself a lot of upset :(

Yes we may not be out of it but anymore bad performances like that we will be and Jose who I love will again be leaving, I hope not :(

The game to miss. Cech needs that kick up the arse. His nervousnous is spreading to the back four. Schurrle is the only one who deserves any credit. What happened to sensible attacking play? The team allowed themselves to be intimidated and worked over. Respect to our away support who stayed and fought till the end.