Jase

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're just not good enough for me to have confidence going into this game

i think we will struggle, no matter who plays

Agree.

Southampton is really playing some nice football there and certainly an very tough nut to crack. Arsenal was lucky Boruc had a brain fart moment and seized the win by the saint's two amateur mistakes. I doubt we will this kind of luck come Sunday.

I'd be inclined to go with the same team that beat West Ham, but with Torres in for Eto'o.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Mikel Lamps

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Torres

Obviously it's a bit more fluid than that but I think that line-up deserves another run-out with an extended rest.

I could actually see Ivanovic maybe getting dropped with Cole in on the left and Azpi shifting to the right, but we need to have some intensity in our game right from the off. Oscar needs to be the focal point because he's completely anonymous out on the wing.

I would give DeBruyne a go, either with Ramy alongside him, or Mikel and I would rest Oscar and try Mata for this game.

they like to play the ball on the floor and have a pretty good technical squad, at least what I've seen in that two or three games I've watched of them.

I would give DeBruyne a go, either with Ramy alongside him, or Mikel and I would rest Oscar and try Mata for this game.

they like to play the ball on the floor and have a pretty good technical squad, at least what I've seen in that two or three games I've watched of them.

As much as I adore Mata, I'm afraid this is not his type of game. Wanyama is going to eat him alive.

I think Ivanovic should be rested this game, he hasn't looked very sharp the last 2-3 games. If we go for 4-3-3 I would really like to see Essien play, he is well rested and I think he could do a good job in this formation. Everyone is probably screaming for Mata to play but I am not sure this game will suit him very well, and he will have alot of oppertunities to start in december.

Anyone know if Luiz is fit for this game?

My team: Cech

Azpi Terry Luiz* Cole*

Mikel

Ramires Essien

Schurrle Hazard

Torres

* If fit

As much as I adore Mata, I'm afraid this is not his type of game. Wanyama is going to eat him alive.

dont think so. i have not seen any1 except for toure causing a problem for mata thru his physicality. we NEED mata for this game to actually control the flow of the game (like arsenal did) rather than playing on the counter and putting th =e onus on southampton.

He could be, but less likely than Mata, sorry it sounds arrogant but it's a fact.

That is your opinion which I find bizarre. No it is not a fact. If we go out and play the way we are capable of, they will have problems dealing with Oscar and Mata, whoever is in the no.10 role. I would like to see Mata start for this. Been unused for the last 2 matches and I feel he has a point to prove and games like this I believe he can be the deciding factor. Also, why is that a fact because I find statements like that quite stupid.

thank god for this.

really important game this one. cant afford to drop points. man city wont (they are playing at home), arsenal are playing away to cardiff, and so far cardiff have been brillaint at home in big matches. so we can extend the gap between us and the likes of united, tottenham, southampton themselves while closing the gap with arse.

cech

azpi luiz JT cole

rambo mikel

schurrle mata hazard

torres.

oscar looked damn tired in the game, lamps played pathetic and looked tired, iva will get murdered against lallana and would probably end up giving the ball away by dawdling on it awkardly and he is a definite "do not start" for this one. just have a feeling that luiz would be a good choice for this game. GC might get bullied off the ball by lambert and also luiz's ball play might come in real handy. i still dont get why schurrle has stopped starting after scoring a goal against city and generally being really good all round the season. his directness and his tracking back may keep shaw/clyne real quite and help our full backs too...

expecting a real hard fought game.

Good Lineup, Agree with everything except the bold part. it is only Lallana FFS. Neither fast nor too skilfull.

We indeed looked tired vs BAsel, no fuckin idea why Jose started almost the same team like the one vs WHam in such an unimportant match, when he could have rested for this much more crucial fixture. If we lose to Southampton them and Citeh will overhaul us, so absolute must win.

Last season this fixture was a disaster. Thank we are at home, oscar would be instrumental in that fixture so I am sure Jose will start him, unfortunately.