Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look old enough and you will soon be 18 anyway they might not notice, but technically yeah it is not legal.

Is it worth a shot then? I do look quite young (which I am), it's belieable that I'm 18 (especially since I'm like 6"2) but it's not like "wow this guy is definately 18+".

Is it worth a shot then? I do look quite young (which I am), it's belieable that I'm 18 (especially since I'm like 6"2) but it's not like "wow this guy is definately 18+".

You should be fine if you're with someone who is 18 and then they can buy you drinks. It gets so busy on a matchday around SB that it shouldn't be an issue. Enjoy the game and bring your singing voice!

As for the team - please start Mata in the middle with Schurrle or Willian/Hazard on the wings. I just want to see Mata start a home league game. Feel for the guy.

cech

azpi-cahill-terry-cole

ramires-essien-de bruyne

hazard-torres-mata

or

cech

azpi-cahill-terry-cole

ramires-essien

de bruyne-mata-hazard

torres

sub: Schwarzer -Lampard - Mikel - Ivanovic - Willian - Schürrle - Demba Ba

and oscar in his home :Goober:

How about

- Azpi - Iva - Terry - Cole

- Rami - Mikel

- Schurrle - Mata - Hazard

- Torres -

* If it was up to me I'd give KDB a shot instead of Rami who MUST rest. But it wont happen.. Lamps cant play another game, he really really needs a rest. So Rami and Mikel are the only options. Come to think of it, what happens when one of the CDMs get injured? we're stuck with only 2 of them, and they must rest sometime.

Cech, Azpi, terry, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Oscar, Schurrle, Willian, Mata, Torres.

Willian left, Schurrle right and Mata behind Torres.

Oscar is not going to be played in the pivot anytime soon. Ramires had a bad game yesterday night but I fully expect him to play against Southampton.

I'll go with the NOT-SO-TIRED team for this one and back to 4-2-3-1.

.......................................Cech..............................

Azpi...................Luiz......................Terry......................Cole

..............................Rami....................Mikel..........................

Shurr...............................Mata........................Hazard

......................................Torres....................................

Currently only, Rami got the legs to trod 90 minutes every 3 days. With Schneiderlein and Wanyama in their pivot, it is going to be pacey in the middle.

Mata and Schurr deserves the start, so does Hazard.

Either we get things right and dominate the game or it'll be Basel all over again.

Carefree. KTBFFH

Azpi...................Luiz......................Terry......................Cole

..............................Rami....................Mikel..........................

......................................Torres....................................

Currently only, Rami got the legs to trod 90 minutes every 3 days. With Schneiderlein and Wanyama in their pivot, it is going to be pacey in the middle.

Either we get things right and dominate the game or it'll be Basel all over again.

Carefree. KTBFFH

Our best XI, in my opinion. Too bad Jose doesn't agree.

The problem with Mikel and Ramires in the pivot is that there's no-one there who can then pass the ball forward with incision, zip or vision. Lamps is the only midfielder who has something approaching playmaking ability in a deep role.

I know for some he's become this pantomime villain but it's really not as simple as some are making out, nor is there some conspiracy. It's very easy to slag him off (even easier behind a keyboard) but the problem arises when you have to say who you'd rather have in there and how that is likely to work in a real-match situation.

Carefree. KTBFFH

exactly what I was thinking.

The problem with Mikel and Ramires in the pivot is that there's no-one there who can then pass the ball forward with incision, zip or vision. Lamps is the only midfielder who has something approaching playmaking ability in a deep role.

I know for some he's become this pantomime villain but it's really not as simple as some are making out, nor is there some conspiracy. It's very easy to slag him off (even easier behind a keyboard) but the problem arises when you have to say who you'd rather have in there and how that is likely to work in a real-match situation.

That's why that v.Ginkel injury is biting us. He could have done just that. But i haven't seen enough of him to say whether he could be defensively sound in the pivot.

We know De Bruyne is seldom used in the pivot because he isn't good defensively. IMO he has great DLP qualities from his time at the Werder Bremen pivot.

Ffs Chelsea are at home lets forget about defensive pivots,have the 4 defenders defend properly have Mikel/Essien sitting in front,and let the other 5 attacking unit go and cause havoc. Attack attack attack!

i have got 2 chelsea defenders (JT, IVA) and 2 southampton defenders (LOVREN, SHAW) coupled with 1 GK of these 2 teams (CECH, BORUC) in my fantasy team.

i am more confident about soton keeping a clean sheet than us keeping a clean sheet. :(