Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lineup, Agree with everything except the bold part. it is only Lallana FFS. Neither fast nor too skilfull.

We indeed looked tired vs BAsel, no fuckin idea why Jose started almost the same team like the one vs WHam in such an unimportant match, when he could have rested for this much more crucial fixture. If we lose to Southampton them and Citeh will overhaul us, so absolute must win.

Last season this fixture was a disaster. Thank we are at home, oscar would be instrumental in that fixture so I am sure Jose will start him, unfortunately.

i am not worried about iva vs lallana in a 1v1 situation. i am more worried of lallana's general play and him running behind iva continously. azpi would be a much better defender in that situation.

I'd be inclined to go with the same team that beat West Ham, but with Torres in for Eto'o.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Mikel Lamps

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Torres

Obviously it's a bit more fluid than that but I think that line-up deserves another run-out with an extended rest.

I could actually see Ivanovic maybe getting dropped with Cole in on the left and Azpi shifting to the right, but we need to have some intensity in our game right from the off. Oscar needs to be the focal point because he's completely anonymous out on the wing.

in my opinion, playing with this team would be a massive mistake.

we dont have any natural width on the right. iva is the one that provides it, and with lallana continously running behind him, we would lose a complete wing, defensively and attackingly.

also by playing 3 midfielders, we are going on the defensive. we ll be letting soton play their own game and giving them the conrtol of the match something which arsenal nullified perfectly. arsenal played their own game, pushing soton really deep, on the defensive, thru out the game.

i am not worried about iva vs lallana in a 1v1 situation. i am more worried of lallana's general play and him running behind iva continously. azpi would be a much better defender in that situation.

That depends really on the type of player he faces. If it's a physical one, then you would expect Ivanovic to win 9 times out of 10 but if it's a pacey wide player or a full back, he'll struggle badly as we have seen in the past. Gets owned too easily at times and once the opposition skip past him, he doesn't even have the pace to track back in time and make a tackle. In the isolated incident of the Basel goal yesterday, had Azpi been at RB instead, think he could well have got back in time to put a challenge in on Salah and prevent the goal.

in my opinion, playing with this team would be a massive mistake.

we dont have any natural width on the right. iva is the one that provides it, and with lallana continously running behind him, we would lose a complete wing, defensively and attackingly.

also by playing 3 midfielders, we are going on the defensive. we ll be letting soton play their own game and giving them the conrtol of the match something which arsenal nullified perfectly. arsenal played their own game, pushing soton really deep, on the defensive, thru out the game.

Not a bad argument, but I think there's a strong possibility we go back to doing what we did against West Ham and force Southampton onto the back foot.

The other option is simply to throw in Schurrle for one of the midfielders and let him and Hazard loose on the wings.

Not a bad argument, but I think there's a strong possibility we go back to doing what we did against West Ham and force Southampton onto the back foot.

The other option is simply to throw in Schurrle for one of the midfielders and let him and Hazard loose on the wings.

i feel the latter is a better approach. soton's full backs (shaw and clyne are a big factor in their play, dont know if shaw is fit or not since he went out against arsenal). keeping them busy by our wingers would be a safer as well as a more attacking approach.

A reaction is a must. Be really nice to see a fast and up tempo rhythm from KO.

Hope so,Think Essien should start,Mata,Azilp at right back,Bertrand left back should help but deffo need to freshen things up !

Carefreeee

Is this your first trip? Post some picts & make sure you hit a couple of pubs up. Like the one across the street from the Bridge (The Butcher's Hook). That is the Birthplace of CFC.

First trip indeed. Will definately post pics! (probably after I come back)

I really wanted to go to a pub but I'm not 18 yet (only in march) so I suppose they wont let me in? Or will I be able to be there but just not order any alcohol ?

we're just not good enough for me to have confidence going into this game

i think we will struggle, no matter who plays

Agree.

Southampton is really playing some nice football there and certainly an very tough nut to crack. Arsenal was lucky Boruc had a brain fart moment and seized the win by the saint's two amateur mistakes. I doubt we will this kind of luck come Sunday.

Oh com'n guys !!!!!!!!!! We are F#@king Chelsea, and we are a wounded animal right now after Basel and West Brom at home, so we have something to prove.

They are Southampton, riding the crest of a wave right now, but punching way above their weight (in my humble opinion). If we are to win anything this season these are the games we MUST win, and I have full faith that we WILL win. And you all need to have faith in our team and manager too.

Every season one team barges its way into the top 4 or 5 for the first half of the season, then fades away to mid table mediocrity. This season its the Saints. We will show them who's the best and continue the chase for the Premiership. Lets have a bit more faith in our team (no matter how tough that seems at times)

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Dave, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Hazard and Torres will all start this one, that is 10000000000000000000000000000000% sure. The other mid is probably Mikel. Now the line up is so predictable it is pointless even guessing anymore.

First trip indeed. Will definately post pics! (probably after I come back)

I really wanted to go to a pub but I'm not 18 yet (only in march) so I suppose they wont let me in? Or will I be able to be there but just not order any alcohol ?

If you look old enough and you will soon be 18 anyway they might not notice, but technically yeah it is not legal.

Want to see the "tired ones" (those who were shit yesterday) have a rest, Oscar, Lampard, Ramires, Ivanovic...

Again Cm is an issue just like its been the last few seasons we need to have 4 world class midfielders at their peak to rotate and use all throughout the season!