West Ham v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, of course I'm concerned. Performances were shit but Mourinho has had over two weeks to think about this match and is now trying something different, I see no problem with that. Like I already said, I have some doubts but I will reserve my judgement until after the match.

Mikel will bring some much needed stability in midfield and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we dominated this match and won comfortably. Ramires starting on the wing really isn't that big of a deal because we have many great options on the bench to replace him with and we can bring some fresh legs second half to play against their tired defenders. If we win this, I expect some of the people here to eat some serious humble pie when commenting in the post-match thread.

Had Benitez put this lineup out, even with the attacking options capable of playing at RW, there would have been a public protest and outrage by now. But because it's Jose, everything is forgivable and deemed a genius move. The likes of Schurrle, Mata, Willian or even De Bruyne can basically do the same job as Ramires at RW and provide even more especially offensively. Am pretty sure even if we win today, those bandwagoners will be praising Mourinho till no end and slam the fans who questioned him even if playing Ramires at RW, from start to finish, had nothing to do with the win whatsoever.

And how is playing Ramires at RW today something different? We have seen this being tried so many times over the past 1-2 years and had little success with it due to the restrictions and limitations of playing Ramires there. Moreover, this is practically the same lineup Mourinho put out against Spurs in September with the exception of Cahill, Azpilicueta and Eto'o playing now instead of Luiz, Cole and Torres respectively. And we all know what happened then; he needed Mata to save his face as nobody was talking about his decision to start Ramires at RW to begin with then.

Had Benitez put this lineup out, even with the attacking options capable of playing at RW, there would have been a public protest and outrage by now. But because it's Jose, everything is forgivable and deemed a genius move. The likes of Schurrle, Mata, Willian or even De Bruyne can basically do the same job as Ramires at RW and provide even more especially offensively. Am pretty sure even if we win today, those bandwagoners will be praising Mourinho till no end and slam the fans who questioned him even if playing Ramires at RW, from start to finish, had nothing to do with the win whatsoever.

And how is playing Ramires at RW today something different? We have seen this being tried so many times over the past 1-2 years and had little success with it due to the restrictions and limitations of playing Ramires there. Moreover, this is practically the same lineup Mourinho put out against Spurs in September with the exception of Cahill, Azpilicueta and Eto'o playing now instead of Luiz, Cole and Torres respectively. And we all know what happened then; he needed Mata to save his face as nobody was talking about his decision to start Ramires at RW to begin with then.

With Jose everything is forgivable? Have you read this thread since the lineup was announced? There are people basically moaning about everything and I fully expect these same people to be crying for Mourinho to be sacked if we fail to win this.

Not a fan of Ramires on the wing but I definitely see more positives than negatives in that lineup and will wait till the final whistle to moan about something Mourinho might have gotten wrong today.

I'm not a 'bandwagoner', I criticize him when it's deserved and I certainly acknowledge the fact he has his flaws and blind spots, but what has been going on here today is nothing short of a witch hunt and in my humble opinion that is a disgrace. Hard to think of a better manager for us right now so moaning about Mourinho is ridiculous, especially after only a couple of months. Like I said, certain people are becoming way too spoiled after all the success and glory and not winning a match is always a good reason to either sack the manager or get rid of all the players and replace them by spending a few hundred millions on new ones.