Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy us to win 4-1 . We are flying at the moment and Jose will keep asking questions of our players in order to keep them motivated,winning and fighting for Chelsea is the only option now . This is Mourinho's Chelsea and we the fans got him back where he belongs.

Solid but not so spectacular 2 or 3-0 win here would do. Obviously Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Remy are the obvious threats but we have too much for them. Still the PL is a difficult and surprising league so we cannot afford to slip up.

None of them performed last week. thank God :D

This is the best line up.It will be the starting line up in long term but it depends on how much mata will be able to adapt to the winger's role and lampard's effectiveness....i can compare this team to heyneckes' treble winning side.Mourinho wants this team to develop into that

Bayern-Chelsea

Cech/Neuer

Lahm/Ivanovic-------------David luiz/Van buyten----------Dante/Terry--------------Alaba/Cole

Javi martinez/Ramires----------Schweinsteiger/Lampard*

Robben/Mata*------------------------------Muller/Oscar--------------------------Ribery/Hazard

Mandzukic/Torres

Because Mata played well in his last start, and Schurrle has been sub-par since his hat-trick for Germany.

If anything, the only person who could have started instead of Mata is Willian.

Sub-par? Scores the opening goal against City and puts in great shifts whenever he's called upon. Fuck me. :rolleyes:

He isn't scoring goals anymore. If we're okay with that, why not play Mikel or Essien who are natural DM's? Both Ramires and Lamps love to get forward and in turn can leave our defense exposed. It hasn't happened recently, but I'd feel safer with Mikel in there holding back.

So what? He's defending well, passing well and links defence and attack.

If it makes you feel better I've edited Lampard's Wikipedia page to say Defensive Midfielder now.