Chelsea Shirt Price Fail - Sports Direct

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now added Hazard home shirt for the same price. and I have already ordered the away shirt :( Nevermind, I dont have a white one yet.

Well, fuck. I would have preferred the home shirt as well but yesterday they only had the away one with Hazard's name so I had to take that.

If they keep this offer up long enough I may be forced to order another one in a few weeks and maybe then I could take the home shirt with either Mata or Oscar on the back so it's fine. This has definitely been good business for Sportsdirect because even at £20 a piece I suppose they make a decent amount of profit per shirt and no doubt the sales have gone through the roof these last few days.

Can't even imagine how jealous the fans of other teams are when looking at those prices and then being forced to pay over £50 for their own team's shirt. :P

Obviously not a mistake. They saw how much popularity there was for the away shirt with MATA 10, so they've reduced their prices dramatically on our other kits. They bulk them in bulk and sell them on - only a small profit margin per shirt, but by selling three/four shirts they recoup the same amount of profit as selling one shirt at full price. Ergo, if they suddenly sell 600-700% more than they previously were, they are overall perhaps doubling the profits they normally would. Plus they'll get shitloads of money back through people adding personalised customisation, too. Clever marketing ploy.

Ergo? I hardly hear people say that word. Last time I heard it was on the matrix.

Matrix fanatic? :-)