• Van Ginkel
    • Willian
    • De Bruyne
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

Still reading lots of negativity on here, it's as if nobody can be happy anymore with a win and everything has to be stripped down and people are looking for things to moan at.

A very professional job done last night, I'm pleased for Torres and hope he can produce that and more, I think that just may of gotten him a start against Spurs looking at Jose's reaction at HT. Quite easy to underestimate these sort of team at this stage of the competition and we did everything and more to make sure it wasn't a banana skin.

Absolute class goal from Ramires, I have said it before and will say it again I think he is the best finisher at the club I really do. Thought Mata did well considering the lack of game time and also thought Willian did well showing a great turn of pace and unlucky not to score.

Another step closer to Wembley........Carefree!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK let's talk ....

schwarzer = if it's not for that cracky clearnce in the beggining of the match I would say he's superb

bertrand = great berformance I liked the sprint he did in 2nd half and BA passed to him on the left flank

LUIZ = I like when he takes the ball and try to build up from the back line, I always like him when he is in midfield

cahil = thumbs up

JT = C . L . L .. what more can I say :)

azpi = TBH IMO he deserve to be our No.1 right back, Ivanovic can play as CB or backup RB

MVG= he was lost in that match befoer getting injured . needs more time

Essien = was my 2nd MOTM ... really impressed

willian = either he's getting bad because of that russian league or he needs more time to adabt ... in this match he was SHIT

Mata = felling sorry for him but Mourinho wins the challange he did nothing but that magnificeant pass to Torres which hit the head of the keeper.

KDB= he must do better than what he did !! disappointed :(

BA = great movment on the wing .. was a real threat though he played little time.

TORRES = MOTM .... scored, creat . did a lot of good job ... he is our best striker yet.

it's my own opinion :D

we did what we had to do. the scoreline could have been MIGHTILY different if we had finished our chances, i mean kdb should have been on the scoresheet, willian should have been on it twice, torres twice. should have been 5-0/6-0. our finishing altogether is POOR and i can safely say that among the 25 people squad if u give me an option of choosing one player who i would like to have the ball when any of our player goes one-on-one with the opposition GK, then i would say it should be RAMBO. just goes on to show how poor the finishing of our strikers and AMs is.

here is my take on the players

schwarzer - good display. the reflex to stop that goal on the line (even though it was off) was brilliant. the distribution was good too except for that one poor kick. 8.5/10

azpi - should be our no.1 RB. gives so much more in attack and performs the duties of a RB by closing wingers. but sometimes lets players take runs behind him. i m not sure he knew where the striker was when that guy went one v one on schwarzer but was called off. happens too often with azpi. still a very solid performanc. 8/10

cahill - very unlike cahill performance.too many mistakes from him. he has been solid for us this season so far and i hope it continues. 6/10

luiz - keeps wanting to go ahead. makes mistakes. i can easily see him being relegated to our 3rd choice CB. shame since he is such a talent. 7/10

bertrand- solid. provides so much more than cole in attack. should have had atleast one assist. defensively was brilliant too. he should be getting a lot more playing time than he currently is.8.5/10

mvg - unlucky. injured. dint get much time.

essien - impressive. made some great runs in the mid like the BISON of old. 8/10

willian - poor finishing, poor link-up play, brilliant workrate. give him time to settle, he ll be great. 6/10

kdb - was not much impressed. should have been on the scoresheet. 6/10

mata - dint do much in the match. put torres one on one but that is pretty much it. but did try defensively and committed fouls deep in our half but just dint do anything to get him into the TOTTENHAM match. 7/10

torres - brilliant. MOTM for me. good hold up play, brilliant runs. 9/10

subs -

ramires - our best mid-fielder by a mile. our best finisher by our mile. i ll be gutted and we ll have a very very hard time if he is injured. 8.5/10

JT - our best CB by a mile. 8/10

BA - was better on the wings than kdb and willian. 8/10

We got the job done but I really do hate it when post-match analysts say "Chelsea done a professional job" etc. Makes us sound like we are a defensive minded team who don't have an interest in playing an attractive style. Same thing I heard after the game against Fulham. I hope we turn on the style against some team where we absolutely batter them!