New Manager Search, Summer 2008

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Laudrup t has to be. Everything about him looks Mourinho-esque.

He is a goodlooker, Has a good Charming Personality, Has lead small clubs to greater heights, looks like a maverick to me as Jose was.

Rijkaard...Oh fuck it. He has lost it after Ten Cate moved to Ajax. Barcelona havent achieved much under him.

Hiddink: Top Manager. But he is too old. He would at most be at Chelsea for 2-3 years.

Laudrup looks a gr8 candidate to me. Plus Brian Laudrup played at Chelsea.. :) ...so there some connection there :whistling:

I wouldnt mind Zico. I would love him to be at Chelsea. He has done wonders at Fenerbache and to come from behind and beat Chelsea within 90 mins, hmm...I am trying to remeber which team did it last. Add to that, he took Japan to the Quarter Finals.

Although Gordan Strachan is a Scottish version of Mourinho, I still wouldnt have him as our Coach.

Edited by warnie_666

There is only one manager in the world on par with Mourinho, and that is Marcello Lippi. Lippi with Zola as his number two would make a perfect manegerial duo.

Yeah I agree. Lippi is my favourite manager after Mourinho. But he was my favourite before Mourinho came to Chelsea :whistling: I wish he managed us :P

Russia manager Guus Hiddink will never make a return to club management despite reports linking him with Chelsea, his agent has revealed.

Cees van Nieuwenhuizen has responded to suggestions that Roman Abramovich is preparing to replace under-fire Stamford Bridge boss Avram Grant with the Dutchman, by confirming he is content to end his coaching career in international football.

Van Nieuwenhuizen told BBC Sport: 'There is no chance of Guus going to Chelsea. He wants to end his career in international management.

'He signed a new deal in March that runs up to the 2010 World Cup and always honours his contracts.' Grant has largely surpassed expectations since taking over from the popular Jose Mourinho and two wins in the next week, albeit against Liverpool and Manchester United, would see the Blues with one hand on a place in the Champions League final and a renewed chance of wresting the Premier League title from the Red Devils' grasp.

That has not stopped questions being raised over his future with the London club, with Hiddink, not for the first time, mooted as a possible successor.

But the 61-year-old's representative Van Nieuwenhuizen was unequivocal in distancing him from the club.

'I don't know where these stories about Guus come from and I want to put an end to them once and for all,' he added.

'It isn't about money for Guus. It's about him having signed a contract and wanting to get on with his job with Russia.'

soccernet.com

As much as Mark Hughes or a former blue would be ideal, it's obvious now, that Abramovich wants yes-men on board, as Henry Winter noted.

Buck, Kenyon, Greenberg, Arnesen, Grant - all matey 'never say anything to upset Abramovich' and rock the yacht types.

Sadly I reckon this will be the first criteria in any job interview, and adds weight to the theory that Grunty Cunty will still be around.