New Manager Search, Summer 2008

IF someone new does come in, at the moment it is looking like a toss up between Rijkaard and Eriksson, with Rijkaard being the clear favourtie now for the job that it is confirmed he is leaving Barca.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god not Sven please. What a fucking mare he would be. I agree with FB that he's ten times the manager that Grant is........But then again, so is Spongebob squarepants :smiliecap1:

Honestly, I'll spit my dummy out, throw my toys out of the pram and take my ball home if Sven was to become our manager :censored:

Well there is that - what is wrong at the moment is we could be romping ahead if we had a top coach getting the best out of the players than a fat irrelevance.

As it is, we're doing well, and the unqualified buffoon is getting credit.

With Rijkaard and Ten Cates who have worked together before, next season could be sown up.

Well there is that - what is wrong at the moment is we could be romping ahead if we had a top coach getting the best out of the players than a fat irrelevance.

As it is, we're doing well, and the unqualified buffoon is getting credit.

With Rijkaard and Ten Cates who have worked together before, next season could be sown up.

Aye, I'd go along wih that mate. Would be dandy ho methinks :smiliecap1:

I am suprised at the ammount of people who would not be happy to see Rijkaard here! I think he is pretty much the perfect candidate for us, has won big cups, his teams play the attacking football that a lot of people crave, proven that he is willing to bring youngsters through to the first team......for whatever reason it has fallen apart at Barca, you could tell this season his heart wasn't in it!!

I for one would be happy to him appointed in the summer.

Definitely mate, the ones that dont want him are racist.

Lol :D

It is becomming a very weird situation. There are a group of people who are willing to give Grant another season now. There are then the people who want him out, a lot of those people have no idea who they want to replace him with and reject names like Rijkaard, Eriksson and Laudrup ect... most of the time the names that come up are a bit silly to say the least, with people like Wise, Zola or Steve Clarke to take the job.

For me the bottom line is that i don't think Grant is good enough to take us to the level we want to go, however considering where have ended up this season i could see the logic of giving it another season. I would prefer though given the current situation to see us sieze the oppertunity to bring in a decent attacking minded manger to take us forward, Rijkaard is available and i think we should go for it with him. For me i can't think of many better qualified people to do what we are looking to do.

Lol :D

It is becomming a very weird situation. There are a group of people who are willing to give Grant another season now. There are then the people who want him out, a lot of those people have no idea who they want to replace him with and reject names like Rijkaard, Eriksson and Laudrup ect... most of the time the names that come up are a bit silly to say the least, with people like Wise, Zola or Steve Clarke to take the job.

For me the bottom line is that i don't think Grant is good enough to take us to the level we want to go, however considering where have ended up this season i could see the logic of giving it another season. I would prefer though given the current situation to see us sieze the oppertunity to bring in a decent attacking minded manger to take us forward, Rijkaard is available and i think we should go for it with him. For me i can't think of many better qualified people to do what we are looking to do.

Grant has definitely won reprieve with some, -I think I fall into the camp of just wanting him out and replaced by a qualified professional.

An outsatnding season considering -sacking our greatest manager ever a few weeks in - a season that has been achieved by player spirit and squad cameraderie. With some management finesse and acumen, we'd be sitting pretty a few points clear, and have one or maybe two domestic cups. Funnily enough I'm not sure we'd be in the CL final. We're there because of the players geeing each other up in the face of adversity in my book.

I agree Grant is not the man to take us to the next level. He could still be there and we win trophies next season, but its despite him being there. He is slowly learning, but should be at Crewe or somewhere.. All in all I see it as a season of missed opportunity, due to unprofessionalism and misconduct in the upper eschelons of the club, but an outstanding one in terms of team spirit.

Well another possible is free now;

MADRID, May 16 (Reuters) - Getafe coach Michael Laudrup announced on Friday he will leave the Primera Liga side at the end of the season.

I think there will be a few on the market. Rijkaard, Laudrup ect.. plenty with excellant credentials so i guess we wait and see and hope we snap one of them up ASAP..

You saw the kinda season they had dint you?....I wouldnt give a person the job based on what he did 2-3 years back. I want the incumbent to bring lot of positives along with him and at the moment since previous 2 seasons Rijkaar has had none. Lets face it. Barca was on peak form when Ronaldinho was on peak form. Ronaldinho failed, Barca failed inspite of having soo many stars in the team they are 3rd in the league and trophyless. End Of!!

Chelsea have set their sights on Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini to succeed Avram Grant, who will be asked to move upstairs to resume his role as director of football next season.

Mancini, 43, who will win his third straight Serie A title today if Inter beat Parma, has emerged as favourite to take over at Stamford Bridge ahead of Frank Rijkaard, who has left Barcelona.

Mancini is regarded as having the right profile for Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, being young but experienced and a serious yet charismatic coach.

For all Grant's success in steering the club to their first Champions League final, against Manchester United in Moscow on Wednesday, Abramovich wants to reclaim the Premier League title from United.

News of the Mancini link has emerged at an awkward time for Grant as he prepares for Wednesday's game, which will be the biggest in Chelsea's history and probably his last as firstteam manager. The Israeli remains well-liked by Abramovich, who wants to keep him within the organisation.

Mancini tried to resign from Inter after his side were eliminated from the Champions League by Liverpool earlier this season but he was persuaded to stay on by club president Massimo Moratti.

However, Moratti is believed to have lined up the former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho for next season and, with Mancini's agents alerting the football world to his availability, a well-placed source says Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has been in contact.

The former Italy international striker would come with the seal of approval of Sven Goran Eriksson, who recommended players to Abramovich when the Russian first took over at Chelsea and was once lined up to be manager himself.

Eriksson is a great admirer of Mancini, whom he coached at Sampdoria and Lazio before encouraging then Leicester boss Peter Taylor to sign him in 2001 at the end of his playing career.

WITH rumours persisting that Avram Grant's days as Chelsea manager are numbered, William Hill make him 4/6 to be gone before the first day of next season, are offering him at 11/2 to quit before midnight (British time) on Champions League Final night - and have opened a book on who WILL be Chelsea boss on the first day of next season. Hills make Grant 11/10 favourite but also offer:

ROBERTO MANCINI 11/4; MICHAELLAUDRUP 7/2; FRANK RIJKAARD 9/2; GUUS HIDDINK 11/2 ; DIDIER DESCHAMPS 10/1; SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON 12/1; HENK TEN CATE 12/1;LUIS SCOLARI 14/1;

MARCELLO LIPPI 14/1; JUANDE RAMOS 20/1; MARK HUGHES 25/1; MARTIN O' NEILL 25/1; LOUIS VAN GAAL 25/1; JOSE MOURINHO 33/1.