New Manager Search, Summer 2008

clearly then one of Nt managers can't be a choice as we'd have to wait till post euro's..

Lippi isn't pro attractive football either..

leaves just ruijkaard.. :whistling:

Well time will tell. Rijkaard is still my tip, for me too many things point at him being the appointment and that it has been long planned. No matter what now we are on the brink of a new era, and getting this appointment right is the absolute key to how it will go..

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Deschamps is a very big candidate. Its on setanta news, he has said that hes on the shortlist and it would be very difficult to turn it down. I reckon he'll be the one to get it actually. He was linked after Jose departed and is linked again.

Hes an ex blue and he wants the job!

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News...space/football/

Edited by OllieCFC

Would be interesting to know how he knos he is on a shortlist? I have no idea of what his managerial style is so it is hard for me to comment on him to be honest, would be unsure what to expect if he was appointed.

Well he took manaco to the UCL final at our expense. Hes managed Juventus too so he cant be that bad. Its just good to see that he wants the job. At least we can pretty much say that we're gonna get someone well known and who actually has some kind of experience.

Well at the moment from everything that has been said we have managed to rule out Jose, Hiddink and Mancini. Any one else is a possibility. Make no mistake this is a job that all top managers will want unless they are secure in a job already. A top manager is an absolute must for us.

Well he took manaco to the UCL final at our expense. Hes managed Juventus too so he cant be that bad. Its just good to see that he wants the job. At least we can pretty much say that we're gonna get someone well known and who actually has some kind of experience.

Grant has managed Chelsea so he can't be that bad.

I worry about Rijkaard. He looked like a broken man recently both at OT and the Bernabeu-and I'm not sure he's strict enough with the biggest players/ego's.

I'd much rather go for Scolari with someone like Franco joining the staff to be groomed for the role in future to avoid any "Grant" situations again. Sparky-loads to prove. Sven-LMAO.Lippi-won't come anyway. Deschamps-not capable and hated his time with us, couldn't get away quick enough. Hiddink and Mancini-could both remain tied to contracts they want to see out. God knows what Jose's gonna do IF Mancini stays at Inter as there don't look to be any really big jobs going elsewhere-and he see international management as retirement football.

Damn why does Roman make us wait so long. I want the new manager to be announced ASAP, can't wait any longer lol.

I think Hiddink would be the best, but he ain't leaving Russia, which sucks. Also I saw some rumours about Ancelotti, but don't remember where. :S

I'd rather we waited a couple of weeks than have the situation we had last time where an appointment was made immediately.

Its not an issue if as is posisble the descision was made some while ago. However if we are still deciding then you are right we really should take our time to make sure we make the right appointment,

Here are all the latest odds from bookies SunBET:

Roberto Mancini 2/1

Mark Hughes 5/2

Luis Felipe Scolari 4/1

Frank Rijkaard 9/2

Guus Hiddink 9/1

Didier Deschamps 12/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 14/1

Carlo Ancelotti 14/1

Jose Mourinho 25/1

Marcelo Lippi 25/1

Michael Laudrup 25/1