New Manager Search, Summer 2008

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grant is reported to be sacked in a few days time....

actually felt for him....we could have go down like ac milan or barcelona

yet we are in the final of champions league, carling cup and just lost to the "best ever united" 2 points....

cant believe i'm saying this but....

congratulations grant....you did welll

hope you get a better job elsewhere

1. Frank Rijkaard

Still a young manager at 45, Rijkaard is believed to be ready to embrace a fresh challenge after five successful years at Barcelona, during which he has won the Champions League.

2. Michael Laudrup

The Denmark international has achieved startling progress as manager of La Liga side Getafe, who this season have reached the quarter-finals of the Uefa Cup and the Copa del Rey final.

3. Guus Hiddink

The Russia manager, whose contract is funded by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, is the bookmakers’ favourite to replace Avram Grant.

4. Roberto Mancini

The Inter Milan manager’s future has been threatened by a certain Jose Mourinho. His agent was reportedly in London early this month to sound out interest.

5. Gianfranco Zola

The former Chelsea striker is still popular at Stamford Bridge but the Italy Under-21 assistant maintains he does not have enough coaching experience

Sparky all the way. Ive stated my reasons on the Avram sacked thread. I dont want one of these foreign "i'm here for the money" pricks who have nothing to do with our club. Mark Hughes is already a part of our history so he doesnt need to pretend to love the club.

Edited by OllieCFC

Sparky all the way. Ive stated my reasons on the Avram sacked thread. I dont want one of these foreign "i'm here for the money" pricks who have nothing to do with our club. Mark Hughes is already a part of our history so he doesnt need to pretend to love the club.

What has sparky ever won ollie ? we need proven winners i think you are speaking with your Chelsea heart.

He aint gonna win anything if hes not given a chance to manage a top club. I think he can handle a top club. He's certainly a legend as a player. He needs the chance as a manager.

Edited by OllieCFC

What has sparky ever won ollie ? we need proven winners i think you are speaking with your Chelsea heart.

guess im on agreement with you...people here all like mid table managers that win nothing.......

managing a star studded squad like Chelsea, delivering attacking football and major trophies in your first season will not be easy.....if laudrap, hughes or even sven comes in and win nothing they will be shown the door

look at what madrid did they bring in former players and mid table managers and they won nothing for years!!!

until don capello comes in!!!

the mentality of mid table managers are totally different....look at JM and grant for example....JM said second best is nothing while grant, hughes, laudrap will give anything to be in our position last year!!!!

ps...hughes is a united player too!!!

Edited by kbchel

PPS, Hughes is a lifelong Blues fan. Being a mid table manager at Blackburn is all he'll ever be if he stays there. I feel he could do a good job with us. I'd rather him than SGE or Laudrup anyway.

guess im on agreement with you...people here all like mid table managers that win nothing.......

managing a star studded squad like Chelsea, delivering attacking football and major trophies in your first season will not be easy.....if laudrap, hughes or even sven comes in and win nothing they will be shown the door

look at what madrid did they bring in former players and mid table managers and they won nothing for years!!!

until don capello comes in!!!

the mentality of mid table managers are totally different....look at JM and grant for example....JM said second best is nothing while grant, hughes, laudrap will give anything to be in our position last year!!!!

Ok so you have forgotten that Mark hughes played for us for 3 years between 1995 and 1998? He's only managed Blackburn in club football, Everyone starts off with a mid table kind of team then work their way up. Since sparky went to Blackburn, he's done a great job. He's only been a manager in the premiership since 2004.

Apparently Sven is gonna manage Mexico...

Edited by OllieCFC

Ok so you have forgotten that Mark hughes played for us for 3 years between 1995 and 1998? He's only managed Blackburn in club football, Everyone starts off with a mid table kind of team then work their way up. Since sparky went to Blackburn, he's done a great job. He's only been a manager in the premiership since 2004.

Apparently Sven is gonna manage Mexico...

[/quote

I really dont think mark hughes is the type of coach roman wants.

Sparky would be the one i'd want off the list, he's an ex-Chelsea favourite which will obviously go down well with the majority of the fans, he knows the Premier League and he knows Chelsea... i think he has the credentials to do the job

I was thinking about Lippi with Zola and Clark :) Lippi is proven winner who can manage all stars, Zola for future with Clarke...

btw for me Clarke should have been given a chance before Grant.

It all comes down to WHAT the club are looking for in a manager really. We have been told all season long that Attacking football is the main thing along with success.....

I can't see Hughes being the right man for the job at all, just doesn't fit the mould of what we are aparently looking for.

Like i have said i would be extremely suprised if the club do not have their man already. And i would also not be suprised if we had an announcement very very soon. Which would be good for all involved, the club, the players and the new man so things can get moving for next season.

It all comes down to WHAT the club are looking for in a manager really. We have been told all season long that Attacking football is the main thing along with success.....

I can't see Hughes being the right man for the job at all, just doesn't fit the mould of what we are aparently looking for.

Like i have said i would be extremely suprised if the club do not have their man already. And i would also not be suprised if we had an announcement very very soon. Which would be good for all involved, the club, the players and the new man so things can get moving for next season.

clearly then one of Nt managers can't be a choice as we'd have to wait till post euro's..

Lippi isn't pro attractive football either..

leaves just ruijkaard.. :whistling: