New Manager Search, Summer 2008

personally i would love to see a team of ex blues in charge ie hughes, zola, wise, clarke, but sadly i dont see it happening with roman in charge.

i think avram will be moved upstairs at the end of the season, he hasnt done a bad job, but he had big shoes to step into, he just isnt good enough sadly, but i can see him having a job in some capacity at the club.

looking at what we have got... i can see frank rijkaard getting the job, it looks likely that we will be leaving barcelona, and with ten cate being here already, i can see them forming their partnership again

either that or...

michael laudrup, with arnesen here, he will recommend laudrup to roman, he is an up and coming manager and fits the bill as to what were looking for

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems like Thakswin ''I know nothing about football, I'm just in it for the money, and to avoid being convicted in Thailand'''' Sintwatwa at Man City, is going to sack Sven.

We could do a lot, lot worse.....in fact we are.

Really not sure how i would take that to be honest! One the one hand he isn't exactly the inspirational type!! On the other hand he has done well in the past when given lots of money to spend!

Really not sure how i would take that to be honest! One the one hand he isn't exactly the inspirational type!! On the other hand he has done well in the past when given lots of money to spend!

Wouldnt be first choice, but he's a proven top club manager. Ten times better than the lump we have at the moment

The way i feel at the moment and think about this situation the only way that i can see Grant being replaced is because it was planned all along. He won't be replaced for not winning a trophy because lets all be honest when Jose left everyone thought we would do well to cement 4th spot. We have done exceptionally well this season given the circumstances, and even though that is not down to Grants management ability he won't be replaced on the basis of bad results.

The bottom line is that i think the only way that Grant will be replaced is if it had been planned all along......

The way i feel at the moment and think about this situation the only way that i can see Grant being replaced is because it was planned all along. He won't be replaced for not winning a trophy because lets all be honest when Jose left everyone thought we would do well to cement 4th spot. We have done exceptionally well this season given the circumstances, and even though that is not down to Grants management ability he won't be replaced on the basis of bad results.

The bottom line is that i think the only way that Grant will be replaced is if it had been planned all along......

I agree esk its clear but do you think roman is stupid enough to fall for the mask. Lets face it clarke or henk are the real driving force in the management.

lets remember ranieri, who wasnt the best tactician (but miles better than grant) got sacked for finishing 2nd in the league, and made the semi finals of the CL.

in my eyes grant needs to be moved upstairs and we need a complete overhall of the coaching team.

Grant won't be sacked.

I know i know no badges not qualified and all that jazz BUT

Took a team who wasn't doing the best in the league and brought them joint top spot

Also a team who have never been to a Champions League Final

And beat Liverpool on the way

2 things Jose could NOT do.

Grant won't be sacked.

Took a team who wasn't doing the best in the league and brought them joint top spot

Forget the Jose comparisons, they are pointless. Grant will NEVER compare to Jose and i doubt there are many that will..............

Grant won't be sacked.

I think you know Grant is a fuck. I'm not saying he's not a good guy, but he's no footie manager. I feel sorry for him when they show him on TV, he looks clueless

Grant didn't lead us to victory against United last week, Stevie Clark did.