New Manager Search, Summer 2008

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be some movement today with the board

From Chelsea Mad

Following on from last night's Champions League defeat, all of Chelsea top-brass including, it's believed Roman Abramovich, have decended on SW6 to pick over the bones of the crushing defeat.

What should have being Roman's crowning glory in his own back-yard, turned into a humbling experience and it's one that he will not want repeated next season.

Chelsea have signed just one player for next season and are struggling to come to terms with who to keep on.

New deals for Lampard and Drogba are being complicated by the uncertainty of Grant's future.

Once that is decided, players will know if they want to stay or go.

Other new players will know who the coach will be and if they want to play for him.

To that end, it's expected that today's summit meeting will have one thing on the agenda and that is to sack Grant or back him?

The word from inside the camp is that Roman is happy with Grant and will want to return him to his boardroom job of director of football.

But the Russian will also demand a new coach to take the club onto the next level.

More expected later today

I firmly believe that they have all known for a very long while if Grant is staying or not, and if not who the new man is!

My only hope is that we have confirmed as soon as possible what the situation is. I would hope this is done by the weekend so we can all move forward and look forward to next season...

My money is on Rijkaard to come in

Edited by EskWeston

I firmly believe that they have all known for a very long while if Grant is staying or not, and if not who the new man is!

My only hope is that we have confirmed as soon as possible what the situation is. I would hope this is done by the weekend so we can all move forward and look forward to next season...

My money is on Rijkaard to come in

wouldnt surprise me mate. he's been very quiet since leaving barca. proberly all agreed!

theres a piece in 'the times' tomorrow saying the board will have a meeting about grant. kenyon has cancelled a trip to china where he was supposed to do a press conference

I didn't like this director of football post when it was introduced and i dont like it now either..

if it was so essential why didn't we have it, post jose up until now?

NO RIJKARD!!!

NO RIJKAARD!

Get Michael Laudrup or Mancini.

Would be fantastic.!!!

mancini is worse than rijkaard imo..

I didn't like this director of football post when it was introduced and i dont like it now either..

if it was so essential why didn't we have it, post jose up until now?

mancini is worse than rijkaard imo..

Because it is more than likely that Grant was never long term replacement and was always going to go back to his director of football role.

I don't see how Mancini and Laudrup are better options than Rijkaard but we have no idea at the moment what the situation is and who they are looking for. Hopefully we will know sooner rather than later.

Strange isn't it the last time we had a great manger come in, it was just after the champions league final and just before the euros.. and boy did that man do one hell of a job..

Our club is primed for a good manager to come in and make us great again. Obviously they need to make some adjustments to the playing staff but we are i think on the brink of something great, but we need the right manager to take us there.

laudrap is good....but he did not do anything to proof himself....he is not good enough to handle all the superstars ego at Chelsea and he will not bring roman his attractive football

and there are people comparing him with jose

jose won the uefa cup and the champions league while this guy never win anything

and besides mourinho beat man utd to prove his worth during the champions league campaign

With or without attacking football, he is a world class manager!

Yes, but attacking and entertaining football is what we are told by the club is one of the requirements going forward. If he is not the manager who will bring that then i doubt he will be seen as an ideal appointment.

Maybe Guus Hiddink is a better replacement then. But I highly doubt he will leave the Russia job before Euro 2008 starts.

If it is Hiddink, then it certainly will be after the Euros. Which would be a pain really as this is one situation which should not wait any longer to be finalised.