AC Milan 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Moses was just BEAST.

Schurrle's still adapting to Chelsea's way of playing, should provide good depth on the wings.

Torres had an alright performance, tried to track back and won the ball a few times, hopefully he can score/assist a few goals this season..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people saying Torres had a bad game? What exactly did he do wrong tonight?

He held the ball up, ran the channels well, dribbled past a couple of players, and created a few chances. The only problem with him as usual is he doesn't get himself into goalscoring positions which is freaking annoying.

Waiting for the hate brigade to explain how Lukaku outplayed him in 5 minutes.

Ba was by far the worst player on the pitch and gets nowhere near the abuse.

Anyway Lukaku will be first choice this year. Stop complaining and back the players.

Why are people saying Torres had a bad game? What exactly did he do wrong tonight?

He held the ball up, ran the channels well and created a few chances. The only problem with him as usual is he doesn't get himself into goalscoring positions which is freaking annoying.

Fully agreed. Torres had a good game today, just didn't get into the goal scoring positions we wanted him to be. His link up play was excellent today surprisingly.

Enjoyed that. First half was pretty even, they put us under a lot of pressure at the back and we didn't have an answer for it. Second half was a completely different story, frankly I was amazed we only scored one after the break. There was a period when we looked a bit disorganised in the second half, but a decent performance on the whole.

• Ba did well considering he didn't have much of the ball, and his run pretty much put De Bruyne clean through.
  • Schurrle took his goal well, didn't have much joy as his fitness is obviously well behind the other players.
  • Torres tried and again showed that he can dribble past people, but really he shouldn't be in the position where he needs to run with the ball. Push him 10 yards forward and he will get a few tap-ins.
  • Ivanovic was excellent, as were Moses, Hazard and Mata.
  • Ramires is an automatic starter, no doubt about it.
  • De Bruyne would be in my first eleven over Oscar, that's how much I rate him.
  • Essien and Terry's lack of pace when compared with the rest of the team was alarming.
  • If we're playing fast paced counter attacking football, Mikel shouldn't be in the side.
  • Add a proper striker, and this is as good a squad as any.

Ba has been here 6 months, considering all the backing off Torres in the same time (when he was only here for 6 months) it's only fair Ba gets the same, no?

Watch the start of the build up to KDBs goal and watch how he takes out three players with a great pass to Oscar.

It looks like he'll be a starter against Hull.

I think he and Hazard have played more minutes than any other player this pre-season. Mou seems to rate him extremely high.

His workrate and engine is fantastic.

You can see EXACTLY why Jose really wants Rooney. We have great build up and counter attacks, but as soon as the ball gets up top to a striker it dies. Torres, bless him, works his ass off but simply isn't good enough. We need a forward who can play confidently with the ball at his feet and isn't afraid to have a shot. With Rooney added to our fantastic squad, I think we'll win the league by a margin similar to United last season.

He held the ball up, ran the channels well, dribbled past a couple of players, and created a few chances. The only problem with him as usual is he doesn't get himself into goalscoring positions which is freaking annoying.

Waiting for the hate brigade to explain how Lukaku outplayed him in 5 minutes.

Anyway Lukaku will be first choice this year. Stop complaining and back the players.

I agree I don't think we should judge Torres with Word Class striker standard.

he did not play badly but he should have scored at least one.