• Marco van Ginkel
    • Traore
    • Hazard
    • De Bruyne
    • Lukaku
    • Feruz
  2. 2. Who is Your Man of the Match?

KDB for me was the MOTM.

So much energy from the start. Great pass from the right early on for the assist. And the goal was spectacular. Luckily for us the injury wasn't bad. Should be a great season for him and especially us.

Told you mate he was gold :-)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin De Bruyne what a player!!

He is going to be the difference for us this season. Along with Mata they will demolish opponents week in week out.

Now even if Mata is having an off day, we have this guy to do the business.

So happy he has become such a deadly player.

Schurrle on the other hand, i had seen all his youtube videos to see what the fuss was about, and didnt get it then.

Having seen a little bit of him, albeit not full fitness, i still dont get it.

Presently, based on his youtube videos of full fitness play and best highlight videos + what he has done in preseason, i dont think much of him.

He hasnt given any signs regarding his movement, shooting, skills etc....

I hope he steps up bigtime over the next few weeks. We couldnt have paid 20 odd mill for another moses/marin level player.....

Lukaku is a step above Ba IMO, and MVG is settling in quite quickly....expecting good things from him in the near future....

The second half of this game was probably the worst pre season game i have EVER seen in my life.

Now looking forward to the return of Mata,Torres,Azpi,Luiz and Oscar.

The depth in our squad is looking good .... finally. Its been a few years.

who the hell is this traore guy? is he even our youth player? i mean when did we sign him? i read somewhere that we have taken him on this tour on a test run or something. but a nice player.

piazon - is average at best. weird that jose is playing him thru the center because the guy looks absolutely lost. even on the wings (united carling cup), he was no good. definitely no place in the squad this year.

josh - i believe if mvg is ready then so is josh. i mean he did more in 25 odd minutes than mvg/rambo/essien could do in their time on the pitch. he should get some playing time in the squad. today his performance showed that he thrives on the players around him. the chip pass to moses, the thru ball to moses and some great distribution were down to both the good runs being made off the ball and his own talent. another loan spell would be a waste. i would prefer him to stay here and be given playing time in coc n fa and some dead rubbers.

schurrle and moses- love their workrate and runs off the ball. but these guys are too one-footed, especially schurlle. i mean even to pass the ball he sometimes brought the ball to his right foot and then passed it.

lukaku- to go into the season with him as our no.1 striker and even expecting to win the PL would probably be too much. but he may still suprise us. he has his strengths and his weaknesses, just hope jose works the kinks out.

hazard - looked weird. well who cares... he ll be back.

kdb - TALENT. its just 2 matches but he is definitely as good or even better than oscar (i ll go with the latter). definitely more versatile than oscar. also if jose continues to play mata in the center of the 3, and if the option is between oscar and kdb to play on the wing, i ll definitely go with kdb.

ba - tries hard but just does not have the x-factor. a couple of great shots but a couple of horrendous passes on to the wingers/fullbacks to lay off, specially one to cole.

kalas - seemed to be high on something with his back-passing.also should have got his head to the free-kick which we conceded to.

chalobah- good performance. not much to do.

wallace - again its just on 2 matches, but defintely more ready than kalas. his crossing, over-laps and speed are wonderful.

essien - is he really back??? he ran around all the time. won the ball a number of times. one really great block. good distribution.

mvg- dint see him in the 1st half but some good passes in the 2nd.

cole - how does he always make those off the line clearances. brilliant.

I thought Cech could have caught the free kick that led to the goal - the defender let the ball run and Cech refused to catch it? I think Schwarzer would have caught that...

KdB easily the best player and what I loved was the through balls not just from him, but the players - that's really great, Rooney, Suarez, Torres, Lukaku and Ba will have ZERO complaints.

I liked Traore

I like Wallace

Josh did well...

Great squad here - so many options for the future and half a team of World Class players to come back in :)

Some crazy overrating going on here but that's what happens in preseason. Preseason doesn't matter much but what I was interested in is how Essien gets on after his first match, just to see if he could build on it.

Well, he was excellent. The only barometer in preseason really is that if the player improved game by game and he def did. So did MVG. Thought their partnership was great. That said, it's still only preseason but I can't help but get excited about Essien.

Some crazy overrating going on here but that's what happens in preseason. Preseason doesn't matter much but what I was interested in is how Essien gets on after his first match, just to see if he could build on it.

Well, he was excellent. The only barometer in preseason really is that if the player improved game by game and he def did. So did MVG. Thought their partnership was great. That said, it's still only preseason but I can't help but get excited about Essien.

This^^

It wasn't just essien, it was the pivot partnership of essien and MVG that worked wonderfully well that made the fowards better. No ramires in the first half to be misplacing all his passes, it was annoying.

MVG reminds me of ballack. Immediately mvg was taken off the defence collapsed in the 2nd half.

Mceachren was good attacking wise with great vision and passing, but he needs to work more. on his defending if he wants to play more in the pivot. His timing of tackles was off.

I think hazard was drunk today lool :P

Lukaku needs to work on his ball control (first touch and quick passing) he doesn't look like he'll survive against teams that crowd the box, especially since we'll hold the possesion.

Schurrle looks terrible, I'm hoping its match fitness.

Traore was great, I like his ball control. (I'm a fan of people who have great first touch I know :P)

KDB, my goodness. He has the vision to help mata, he has skills, strength, work-rate, shot power, crossing, long passing. I know its just pre-season but he should be in our starting line up from now on. I hope he is not injured cos I need him to play with mata in the US tour, it will be magical to see two vision players link up.

This match made mourinho analyze and I'm sure he knows more about his best players so far. Watch mou play MVG and essien as his best pivot so far. :P

Surprised at the amount of votes for Moses who was his usual lacking of brain self.

Having said that, him and Schurrle will be good squad players. Shame we spent £18million on one of them.

Sturridge is better than both, but let's not go there..

Remember how bluntly I put the fact that Schurrle is rather shit? Yeah. Don't look like such an idiot now :ph34r:

There were people saying that way before you (me, Piece, Amels, etc)....

Remember how bluntly I put the fact that Schurrle is rather shit? Yeah. Don't look like such an idiot now :ph34r:

If we are going to judge players being shit just on pre-season then Lukaku doesnt look much better, neither does Ba or Moses.

Wouldn't say hes shit, hes still settling into the team, it could take him a while yet. Sure he hasn't impressed but last pre-season it was the same, a lot of players looked rather shit (Ivanovic, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Torres) so I think to say that Schurrle is shit (he's a new signing who's still settling into the team) is a bit harsh. Its just about fitness really, I'm sure he'll improve.

We're judging players to be shit and others to be world class based on friendlies against the Malaysia and Thailand AllStars. Awesome.

It's not like the players haven't been off for two months or anything, or that they aren't even fit yet, or that it's some of their first ever chelsea matches, or that the competition is garbage, or that the games are meaningless, or that they're not even playing full throttle.

I mean jesus christ what is wrong with you people?

Preseason is weird. Some players are in better condition than others, and some are in different situations than others. A player like Hazard just strolls across the pitch because he doesn't really have much to prove, while KDB is giving his all to get into the starting 11.

Those players who haven't been doing well could still end up playing a vital part during the regular season, and vice versa.

We're judging players to be shit and others to be world class based on friendlies against the Malaysia and Thailand AllStars. Awesome.

It's not like the players haven't been off for two months or anything, or that they aren't even fit yet, or that it's some of their first ever chelsea matches, or that the competition is garbage, or that the games are meaningless, or that they're not even playing full throttle.

I mean jesus christ what is wrong with you people?

Indeed, no need to be top right now. Players like Hazard/Schurlle realize a 50+ match-season + WC is in front of them. Hazards end of the season injury due to an overload of matches, I guess he also misses his buddies (Mata/Oscar) to play their favorite game.

And for KDB... you can't stop Kevin, he always gives a 100% ("run Kevin, run" :D )

exciting season in front of us... in a couple of weeks we can talk about the real deal...