TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2013/14

Steve

Welcome, and i hope you got the codes to join our league. :)

I am going in with 3 Chelsea and 1 Villa.

Thanks Ankit, yes got the codes from Steve and looking forward to the league.

How was your first week? I'm sitting on 54 points after last night's game. Itching to play my wildcard already!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started ok last year but still ended up panicking after a bad week. But this year I will stick with my extinct only on about 48 points. But got our 3 boys to play again. Though so do most people.

Im having really good GW1 so far and have Lampard, Ivanovic and KDB for the Villa game still to come. I agree with you that sticking with your instincts and your first team for at least the first two game weeks without making a transfer. Because then after GW2 you can make 2 transfers and if you want use your wildcard to make 3.

Im having really good GW1 so far and have Lampard, Ivanovic and KDB for the Villa game still to come. I agree with you that sticking with your instincts and your first team for at least the first two game weeks without making a transfer. Because then after GW2 you can make 2 transfers and if you want use your wildcard to make 3.

Yeah. Before I have done my wildcard over the first week which hasn't worked out well.

I'm not making one change in my team this week. I'm happy with my 75pts and I'll use the accumulated 2 transfers next week to get Terry and Kevin off the team and then I'll see if Mata will get in the team, I guess he will, so if it's Kevin who leaves the team, I'll buy Oscar back, if it's Oscar (very unlikely imo) I'll buy Kevin back.

Either way I'm replacing Terry for a less expensive CB - probably Shaw

Thanks Ankit, yes got the codes from Steve and looking forward to the league.

How was your first week? I'm sitting on 54 points after last night's game. Itching to play my wildcard already!

Great to have more people in the league. You should post more here, we have some very interesting conversation. :)

I am on 55 points with 4 players(cole, hazard, benteke, lukaku) to play again. Quite content to be honest. Playing your WC so early could backfire!! I am pretty sure there are many players to come in all the teams!! I ll hold on to my WC till the very last!!

4th at the moment with 68 points, but will have 81 points once Coleman is subbed in for Snodgrass who didn't play. Also have Cech, de Bruyne, Hazard © to play vs Villa. Not a bad start

4th at the moment with 68 points, but will have 81 points once Coleman is subbed in for Snodgrass who didn't play. Also have Cech, de Bruyne, Hazard © to play vs Villa. Not a bad start

so you're the one breathing on my neck! and about to pass me. It's okay, I like you Jedy ;)

I don't expect to score many points tomorrow, unless Hazard and de Bruyne do really well. I pass scoring points with Benteke though. I'd rather have only 2 points from him ;)

so you're the one breathing on my neck! and about to pass me. It's okay, I like you Jedy ;)

I don't expect to score many points tomorrow, unless Hazard and de Bruyne do really well. I pass scoring points with Benteke though. I'd rather have only 2 points from him ;)

Hehehe

I don't even think de Bruyne will start tomorrow. Have a sneaky feeling Schurrle & Mata might come in, with KdB and one of Oscar/Hazard missing out :(

That's a freaking great start. My 55 looks so meek now! I hate you and everyone who is ahead of me!! :Goober:

Won't use my wild card now, i'll use it in exactly half way through the season. I had a horrendous start yet i still have faith my team will own, starting with my blue boys tomorrow evening sending Villa back down to earth.

Just 25 points on my bench is a fucking tragedy.

The problem i find with this game is once you get behind and have to catchup, as many people have similar players especially all the big names you have to start making more gamble picks with obscurer players who you hope suddenly find the form of their lives, which invariably leaves you further behind. So for now i will trust my initial picks wait for my 2 free transfers and try and reduce my number of chelsea players ready for when we don't play as otherwise my bench will have to play which consists of defenders for teams who will probably concede and jack colback.

Could do with a KDB hattrick tommorrow considering thats the only player i have who many don't. Or maybe Lukaku. In one of my leagues, every single person in the top 30 had eden hazard in their team and he was their captain. Lol. So that won't gain me much.

my plan was to have Kevin for the first two matches (gw1) because I believed he would start both matches with Mata coming in the ManUtd match (in addition to being a sub tomorrow). Let's see good of a plan that will be tomorrow.

I'd rather Terry warranty me 4 pts for a clean sheet than Benteke to score, to they better not allow anyone to score tomorrow. It's not even for Benteke, Terry could give me 0 pts and I don't want Benteke to score. I'm not making any transfer for the gw2 and I'll use the two to offload Terry and Kevin because we won't play in gw3. None will come back to my team I suppose as I'll go with cheaper (money wise) defense players such as Coleman and Shaw, so I'll replace Terry for one of them. I'll probably have Toure to replace Kevin for now and later I plan to have Oscar.

I also had lost points in my bench...10 if I'm not mistaken only for Whittaker so I'm in the same boat as you, Ollie.

and Robin will be the captain of my ship forever and ever, unless he gets injured.