André Schürrle

BlueLion.

But if we are basing things on nonsense being spouted surely you should be banned from ever using a PC again.

Wow. Quality post again. He's done it again, he's done it again! Special juan, he's done it again!

Doesn't prove anything but inconsistency. And besides, don't think Willian was given the official MOTM. More of some fans' pick anyway.

That's why i said MoTM "performance". Willian, Oscar and Fabregas all played extremely well that day.

Willian had 1 bad game against arguably the thoughest match we will face in the league this season. Inconsistency my ass because he started less games than Schürrle and against thougher opposition. Hazard isn't setting the world on fire either (he was very good against Arsenal though) having started every single match (except Bolton). Schürrle was subbed of against Swansea at half-time, had 17 shot's on target against Bolton (no goals), could hardly control the ball against an almost none pressing Sporting (same story against Arsenal).

I agree with Barbara that Willian is more talented, aside from intelligent runs what is it exactly Schürrle does better than Willian? I dunno if you even watched the Aston Villa game but tbh. that was our most solid allround performance this year. Willian was involved in all 3 goals, linked up better, defended better, can interchange position's with Hazard and Oscar, cuts inside so Ivanovic can bomb forward down the flank (aswell as covering him when he does). Those are things Schürrle just doesn't offer. He probably will improve but i doubt he has the technical ability (at his age you either have it or you don't) to be a regular starter for Chelsea.

Anyway's Willian and Schürrle should be quality enough to contend for the title anyways + Reus is a big option next summer if either Willian or Schürrle don't improve from last year.

Willian had 1 bad game against arguably the thoughest match we will face in the league this season.

But one good game against an insipid Villa and suddenly Willian is a world beater? Of course.

And if you want to get picky and mentioned that Schurrle could hardly control the ball (apparently so) against Sporting and Arsenal, then you should also remember that Willian failed to do so the same against City. In fact, he couldn't even make simple 5-10-yard passes to save his life!

Inconsistency my ass because he started less games than Schürrle and against thougher opposition.

Both of them have made 6 league appearances with Schurrle only starting one game more than Willian - 4 to 3. Hardly much of a difference and overall, it's not like Willian has been consistent in those matches or even just in general.

Hazard isn't setting the world on fire either (he was very good against Arsenal though) having started every single match (except Bolton). Schürrle was subbed of against Swansea at half-time, had 17 shot's on target against Bolton (no goals), could hardly control the ball against an almost none pressing Sporting (same story against Arsenal).

People seem to be exaggerating the so called bad performances of Schurrle in the last 3 games, when they weren't bad at all, just because he didn't score against Bolton from all those shots. Oh well.

Comparing Schurrle's performance against Swansea and Arsenal, I did see an improvement in his defensive work rate... He is indeed frustrating sometimes but given that he is not a Jose signing (correct me if im wrong) and still gets picked over Willian, a jose signing, says something about his potential.

Comparing Schurrle's performance against Swansea and Arsenal, I did see an improvement in his defensive work rate... He is indeed frustrating sometimes but given that he is not a Jose signing (correct me if im wrong) and still gets picked over Willian, a jose signing, says something about his potential.

We went after him long before Jose but I highly doubt he would have been signed without Mou's blessing.

Lol we were quick to jump on you, sorry[emoji2]

well I did write Oscar the first time around... and I defend him quite a lot, so if you ask me you were right to jump on me.

I'm so used to typing Oscar, that my brain thought Hazard, but my fingers already have a will of them all.

Oscar is barely an improvement to Schurrle, talent wise. He isn't too talented (although I think he's slightly more talented than Schurrle), but works a lot. Schurrle is smarter though.

I still think André will end the season with more goals than both Hazard and Willian combined (except penalties - as Hazard is our #1 taker and we never know how many penalties we'll get). From open play I see André scoring more than both together. So it doesn't really matter if he's less talented than them, as long as he improves his finishing and keeps developing, he'll become more and more a goalscorer because he's smart, his movement is top class (only second to Costa in the current squad) and his runs are also very smart and supported by incredible pace. He's an important player to have and one we don't have in someone else. We have different positive things on Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Salah (and even Ramires, as Mourinho insists on playing him as a winger). Even if we sign Reus, he's still a different kind of player compared to André. In what he does well (run, smart movement) few players are better than Schurrle, but he has to back that up with good finishing and better decision making.

well I did write Oscar the first time around... and I defend him quite a lot, so if you ask me you were right to jump on me.

I'm so used to typing Oscar, that my brain thought Hazard, but my fingers already have a will of them all.

Oscar is barely an improvement to Schurrle, talent wise. He isn't too talented (although I think he's slightly more talented than Schurrle), but works a lot. Schurrle is smarter though.

I still think André will end the season with more goals than both Hazard and Willian combined (except penalties - as Hazard is our #1 taker and we never know how many penalties we'll get). From open play I see André scoring more than both together. So it doesn't really matter if he's less talented than them, as long as he improves his finishing and keeps developing, he'll become more and more a goalscorer because he's smart, his movement is top class (only second to Costa in the current squad) and his runs are also very smart and supported by incredible pace. He's an important player to have and one we don't have in someone else. We have different positive things on Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Salah (and even Ramires, as Mourinho insists on playing him as a winger). Even if we sign Reus, he's still a different kind of player compared to André. In what he does well (run, smart movement) few players are better than Schurrle, but he has to back that up with good finishing and better decision making.

Lol I thought it was a typo, but I had to make sure :P

Oscar and Shirley both work their asses off, not matter how they are doing on the offensive end they work hard defensively till the end. I love that. Schurrle is a bit better offensively (runs, vision, crossing) but Oscar is better technically (touch, free kicks, passing).

I agree, Schurrle will have more goals from open play by the end of the season than Hazard and Willian. I think if we played Hazard on the right and Schurrle on the left occasionally, he would get even more goals, like 25, assuming he improves his finishing.