André Schürrle

BlueLion.

IF we need to sell to buy even if its like to raise something stupid I'd do the below, not happy about Salah leaving but its the only logical casualty that I can see really unless we can recoup a bit from a loan fee instead perhaps?

Sell Salah (Or loan if we can get a few £m)

Loan Schurrle to Dortmund + £10m to Dortmund for Reus

Hopefully Klopp can make the same adjustments with Schurrle as he did with Reus, its a win win.

I like Schurrle but I feel its immaturity keeping him back at the moment which is strange because I actually had him pegged as a mature player from interviews and past performances etc. but it seems this season and just before the world cup he was trying far too hard to be the spectacle to say "manager, look at me" by taking every shot possible.

Jose doesn't value that, he values a Willian (Same as me) I can deal with Willian's lack of attacking prowess because he is probably our hardest worker alongside Oscar/Matic but the talent is there, if Andre had the same as Willian's workrate etc. I wouldn't have a problem with waiting around for that attacking spark to flourish.

IF we need to sell to buy even if its like to raise something stupid I'd do the below, not happy about Salah leaving but its the only logical casualty that I can see really unless we can recoup a bit from a loan fee instead perhaps?

Sell Salah (Or loan if we can get a few £m)

Loan Schurrle to Dortmund + £10m to Dortmund for Reus

Hopefully Klopp can make the same adjustments with Schurrle as he did with Reus, its a win win.

I like Schurrle but I feel its immaturity keeping him back at the moment which is strange because I actually had him pegged as a mature player from interviews and past performances etc. but it seems this season and just before the world cup he was trying far too hard to be the spectacle to say "manager, look at me" by taking every shot possible.

Jose doesn't value that, he values a Willian (Same as me) I can deal with Willian's lack of attacking prowess because he is probably our hardest worker alongside Oscar/Matic but the talent is there, if Andre had the same as Willian's workrate etc. I wouldn't have a problem with waiting around for that attacking spark to flourish.

I think it wouldn't be good to sell/loan both Salah and Schurrle. Who's gonna play CL then? Any new player like Reus won't be able to play in CL.

I'd keep Schurrle at least till the end of the season for CL, and it can be his last chance to prove himself.

Andre would be an upgrade from Sterling....

I think he would fit Liverpool quite well with his pace and ability to make forward runs....

However, Liverpool already have pacy wingers on their squad.

No. He would not be an upgrade from Sterling. He would be an upgrade on the rest of the mediocre players on their team. What is wrong with you in your criticism of Sterling? Do you really think if Schurrle went to Liverpool that Sterling would be dropped? You are having a laugh seriously. I am a fan of Schurrle but he is very inconsistent. I hope and don't think he would join Liverpool anyway.

No. He would not be an upgrade from Sterling. He would be an upgrade on the rest of the mediocre players on their team. What is wrong with you in your criticism of Sterling? Do you really think if Schurrle went to Liverpool that Sterling would be dropped? You are having a laugh seriously. I am a fan of Schurrle but he is very inconsistent. I hope and don't think he would join Liverpool anyway.

So, now liverpool is mediocre..

The same mediocre team that Oscar would not start on apparently....

You cannot be consistent, unless you are key to the team. Sterling is key to liverpool, schurrle is not key to chelsea.

Put coutinho as the cam and schurrle at left wing, than liverpool, the thruball spamming team can do that all day with coutinho-schurrle.... gerrard to schurrle...

Schurrle is a runner, something liverpool lack without suarez and something they need on their squad...

So, now liverpool is mediocre..

The same mediocre team that Oscar would not start on apparently....

You cannot be consistent, unless you are key to the team. Sterling is key to liverpool, schurrle is not key to chelsea.

Put coutinho as the cam and schurrle at left wing, than liverpool, the thruball spamming team can do that all day with coutinho-schurrle.... gerrard to schurrle...

Schurrle is a runner, something liverpool lack without suarez and something they need on their squad...

You said Schurrle would be an upgrade on Sterling? How is that so? Tell me please because if Schurrle came to Liverpool it would be to start with Sterling. Not replace him. I said Oscar would not have got into Liverpool's team last season and I stand by that. Sterling was not getting dropped. Neither was Sturridge or Sterling. Where would Oscar have fit. CM? He does the running but does he have the positional sense to play there? I am not sure and that is why we rarely see him in that position for us.

You said Schurrle would be an upgrade on Sterling? How is that so? Tell me please because if Schurrle came to Liverpool it would be to start with Sterling. Not replace him. I said Oscar would not have got into Liverpool's team last season and I stand by that. Sterling was not getting dropped. Neither was Sturridge or Sterling. Where would Oscar have fit. CM? He does the running but does he have the positional sense to play there? I am not sure and that is why we rarely see him in that position for us.

Because liverpool already have coutinho on their squad...

So, basically, coutinho would flourished in a free role spamming thru balls like he did the season prior with suarez and daniel.. Sterling is not a runner like schurrle. He is like hazard, a dribbling maestro that needs the ball to be effective...

Oscar would start over Sterling, allen, hendo..... Im pretty sure oscar is tactical better than anyone on chelsea/liverpool not named John terry. Pretty sure oscar can play 4-3-3, since thats the shape chelsea takes a good chunk of the time.

Because liverpool already have coutinho on their squad...

So, basically, coutinho would flourished in a free role spamming thru balls like he did the season prior with suarez and daniel.. Sterling is not a runner like schurrle. He is like hazard, a dribbling maestro that needs the ball to be effective...

Oscar would start over Sterling, allen, hendo..... Im pretty sure oscar is tactical better than anyone on chelsea not named John terry.

Disagree completely. If Schurrle went to Liverpool Coutinho would continue to be even more of a rotational player than he already is. And BR and Mourinho are different managers. Sterling would not lose his place to Oscar. Sterling provides more of an attacking threat as he scores more, creates more goals and his constant dribbling ability draws more free kicks and penalties. In Mourinho's team now would Oscar start over Sterling? Most certainly. He does all the hard work consistenly. Sterling is a hard working player but obviously like Hazard wants to be the focal point attacking.

Disagree completely. If Schurrle went to Liverpool Coutinho would continue to be even more of a rotational player than he already is. And BR and Mourinho are different managers. Sterling would not lose his place to Oscar. Sterling provides more of an attacking threat as he scores more, creates more goals and his constant dribbling ability draws more free kicks and penalties. In Mourinho's team now would Oscar start over Sterling? Most certainly. He does all the hard work consistenly. Sterling is a hard working player but obviously like Hazard wants to be the focal point attacking.

Oscar scored more goals than sterling this year.....

Sterling has 1 more assist than oscar, the same bs assist sterling got for can's deflected goal against Chelsea.

Difference is sterling is the number1 option on liverpool, while cesc and hazard are comfortably ahead of oscar in terms of freedom and general offense...

Difference is that liverpool plays a more freeflowing attack minded tactic than chelsea. So, in that situation, the key offensive player, should have better stats than the 4option on a team...

So, how many goals did sterling score for england in the world cup?

Oscar scored more goals than sterling this year.....

Sterling has 1 more assist than oscar, the same bs assist sterling got for can's deflected goal against Chelsea.

Difference is sterling is the number1 option on liverpool, while cesc and hazard are comfortably ahead of oscar in terms of freedom and general offense...

Difference is that liverpool plays a more freeflowing attack minded tactic than chelsea. So, in that situation, the key offensive player, should have better stats than the 4option on a team...

Come on? Compare our team's with Liverpool? We have Matic, Fabregas, Hazard... they have who? A declining Gerrard and just a much inferior team. Not that difficult to work out. If Sterling is in our team he obviously will have scored more goals for us than he has done there. Oscar has done exceptionally well recently but even him in the current Liverpool team would perhaps struggle to score goals. Espeically when their best striker has been injured for most of the season.

I agree with the bolded statement but my point is even if Oscar came to Liverpool, Sterling would be a starter unless his performances dramatically changed. That is why I said Sterling would start with or over Oscar in a BR team because he has the pace, dribbling ability and creates chances/ free kicks/ penalties. Basically BR most reliable player. Mourinho on the other hand does not need that while he has Hazard.

Come on? Compare our team's with Liverpool? We have Matic, Fabregas, Hazard... they have who? A declining Gerrard and just a much inferior team. Not that difficult to work out. If Sterling is in our team he obviously will have scored more goals for us than he has done there. Oscar has done exceptionally well recently but even him in the current Liverpool team would perhaps struggle to score goals. Espeically when their best striker has been injured for most of the season.

I agree with the bolded statement but my point is even if Oscar came to Liverpool, Sterling would be a starter unless his performances dramatically changed. That is why I said Sterling would start with or over Oscar in a BR team because he has the pace, dribbling ability and creates chances/ free kicks/ penalties. Basically BR most reliable player. Mourinho on the other hand does not need that while he has Hazard.

Mata scored 20 goals on a shit chelsea team and scored like 1 goal the season after on a better squad.

Oscar scored more goals than sterling last year as well....

Sterling, obviously is better at creating fouls because of his pace and dribbling ability. Liverpool play offense at the expense of their defense. Chelsea does not. Oscar when brazil was centered around him was better than neymar as well (or looked better). Sterling puts a decent shift in defensively, more than I thought. However, he plays on a free flow team with no discipline.

Mata scored 20 goals on a shit chelsea team and scored like 1 goal the season after on a better squad.

Oscar scored more goals than sterling last year as well....

Sterling, obviously is better at creating fouls because of his pace and dribbling ability. Liverpool play offense at the expense of their defense. Chelsea does not. Oscar when brazil was centered around him was better than neymar as well (or looked better). Sterling puts a decent shift in defensively, more than I thought. However, he plays on a free flow team with no discipline.

We were a shit team that won the CL though.....Sterling is 19 anyway so to expect him to get that amount is a bit stretching it? However getting the goals he did last season considering the space of time is exceptional. In a few years Sterling will be a more prominent scorer. He even said that is his aim.

Well in the league he scored less. One I think. However Oscar played more games and Sterling one started getting into Liverpool's 11, late December while Oscar played in Europe etc and I have no doubt that if Liverpool had better players in the team right now and Sturridge was fit Sterling would have scored more. His best performances this season came when playing with Sturridge. He gets injured and the rest are just poor. Once Sturridge is fit there top 4 chances increase but think they may miss out.

However, yes. Oscar is asked to do more defensively at us but do I think he has limits offensively? I do.

We were a shit team that won the CL though.....Sterling is 19 anyway so to expect him to get that amount is a bit stretching it? However getting the goals he did last season considering the space of time is exceptional. In a few years Sterling will be a more prominent scorer. He even said that is his aim.

Well in the league he scored less. One I think. However Oscar played more games and Sterling one started getting into Liverpool's 11, late December while Oscar played in Europe etc and I have no doubt that if Liverpool had better players in the team right now and Sturridge was fit Sterling would have scored more. His best performances this season came when playing with Sturridge. He gets injured and the rest are just poor. Once Sturridge is fit there top 4 chances increase but think they may miss out.

However, yes. Oscar is asked to do more defensively at us but do I think he has limits offensively? I do.

I think this is the confusion with Oscar... When Oscar was the key under menenes, oscar was brazil's best player... However, after scolari took over, neymar become the best player. Im pretty sure a lot of people would say the team under Menedez looked better with oscar under the helm vs neymar and scolari.

At chelsea, oscar was rarely given a true free role for the team. Oscar versatility and tenacity might of been his downfall. The fact he could press like a dog, tackle from the n10 position and track back, might of gave reason for the coach to use him that way, so chelsea would be more balanced and allow eden the free role...

Having the free role is really significant in terms of stats. Perfect example is ozil and mata. Once they were shifted wide, they were never as good as their previous stats claimed (I still think ozil the best n10 along with silva). Eden did not get a free role with wilmots and belgium, therefore he was completely irrelevant in the world cup. Was it really the fact hazard was not good or the fact wilmots made the team that way and shifted towards the cms instead (KDB)?

I think this is the confusion with Oscar... When Oscar was the key under menenes, oscar was brazil's best player... However, after scolari took over, neymar become the best player. Im pretty sure a lot of people would say the team under Menedez looked better with oscar under the helm vs neymar and scolari.

At chelsea, oscar was rarely given a true free role for the team. Oscar versatility and tenacity might of been his downfall. The fact he could press like a dog, tackle from the n10 position and track back, might of gave reason for the coach to use him that way, so chelsea would be more balanced and allow eden the free role...

Having the free role is really significant in terms of stats. Perfect example is ozil and mata. Once they were shifted wide, they were never as good as their previous stats claimed (I still think ozil the best n10 along with silva). Eden did not get a free role with wilmots and belgium, therefore he was completely irrelevant in the world cup. Was it really the fact hazard was not good or the fact wilmots made the team that way and shifted towards the cms instead (KDB)?

You make a good point. However I don't think that is an excuse for the others mentioned. Ozil played out wide for Germany and although I don't think think he was that good, they still won the WC. Even at Real days he never actually stayed in the centre. He drifted all over the pitch. Yes he does not play as an out and out no.10 for Arsenal but do I think his performances can improve? Yes. Look at Silva. He starts out wide a lot but his intelligence is up there with the best so he is able to be given a free role and o whatever.

Even with Hazard, just because the team was not built around him he has the pace, technique and most things you want from a player. I was quite disappointed with Hazard considering what he is capable of. I agree with Silva being the best no.10. Not Ozil. Ozil is far too fragile. La Liga was fine for him. If he bulks up I reckon we may see more of him because age is on his side. But a good player should be able to play out wide if instructed to. Like Silva etc.

You make a good point. However I don't think that is an excuse for the others mentioned. Ozil played out wide for Germany and although I don't think think he was that good, they still won the WC. Even at Real days he never actually stayed in the centre. He drifted all over the pitch. Yes he does not play as an out and out no.10 for Arsenal but do I think his performances can improve? Yes. Look at Silva. He starts out wide a lot but his intelligence is up there with the best so he is able to be given a free role and o whatever.

Even with Hazard, just because the team was not built around him he has the pace, technique and most things you want from a player. I was quite disappointed with Hazard considering what he is capable of. I agree with Silva being the best no.10. Not Ozil. Ozil is far too fragile. La Liga was fine for him. If he bulks up I reckon we may see more of him because age is on his side. But a good player should be able to play out wide if instructed to. Like Silva etc.

Chelsea is built for hazard moreso than anyone else on the squad....

maybe, not to the extent of madrid and cr7 or messi and barcelona, but still.