André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Actually I think he just getting more playing time. He is playing the same football he did last season, 3 or 4 games aside. WC goals made people believe he is better than he actually is.

You make a fair point to be honest. I'm not really a fan of Schurrle's overall ability but when on-form he can still be a useful player.

Perhaps the real issue is not having a clear first-choice player on that side (like a Hazard) good enough to be more than just a squad player.

I don't think Schurrle was as bad as people have made him out to be against Arsenal. Yes, he was somewhat unproductive going forward in the game but who else really did anyway? Completely worked his socks off both offensively and defensively and played like someone who wanted to make things happen.

I don't think Schurrle was as bad as people have made him out to be against Arsenal. Yes, he was somewhat unproductive going forward in the game but who else really did anyway? Completely worked his socks off both offensively and defensively and played like someone who wanted to make things happen.

It was more his decision making, he missed some players making runs and other things like that. He was poor, no way around it.

Not saying he was not poor but pretty much every attacking player had a below standard passing percentage in this match. For example, Fabregas had 77% and Hazard 81% IIRC, not too bad but below their standard quality for sure.

huh?

try again.

hazard 90%

fabregas 88%

huh?

try again.

hazard 90%

fabregas 88%

77% and 81% were the stats they showed on ESPN. I didn't made them up, I even said if I remembered correctly. I don't know if they were 77 and 81 exactly but they were definitely lower than 90 and 88. If ESPN got them wrong it's another story.

77% and 81% were the stats they showed in ESPN. I didn't made them up, I even said if I remembered correctly. I don't know if they were 77 and 81 exactly but they were definitely lower than 90 and 88. If ESPN got them wrong it's another story.

nothing I saw would suggest they were 77 and 81% from what I saw, they were both brilliant

nothing I saw would suggest they were 77 and 81% from what I saw, they were both brilliant

That's why it caught my attention, I thought they were surprisingly low for what I had seen in the match.

77% and 81% were the stats they showed on ESPN. I didn't made them up, I even said if I remembered correctly. I don't know if they were 77 and 81 exactly but they were definitely lower than 90 and 88. If ESPN got them wrong it's another story.

from whoscored.com

658111918.jpg521579200.png822656622.png

We want someone to criticize; even when we win!

Schurrle did some mistakes yesterday. All and all i think i can remember 2 or 3 good chances when he killed our attack with his desicion or poor execution of a pass. Other than that he did very well. I think he just needs a bit more time to work, because he is getting very lazy and predictable when he has the ball. Also his partnership with Costa needs more work. Atm though our other AMs are doing fine and that provides a sufficient cover for his bad spell.

He was bad against Bolton, against Sporting and now against Arsenal... We shouldn't criticize!

Forget something between those matches? Like his excellent performance and goal against City? :D

And I think he was great against Sporting apart from the finishing.

That REALLY is not saying much. Most of players yesterday had great performances yesterday and no one had a bad game, imo, Andre included.

He has been a tad below average his last few appearences, the exception being vs City where he came off the bench. He needs to come off the bench for the next few games.