André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Hate to say this, but to me he has shown examples of Kalou.

He has finishing that CAN guarantee goals, but seems 'TOO' determined to go for them. If played correctly could be a good second option, but atm no ware near first choice.

Hey, Kalou was the top scorer of Ligue 1 last season behind only Ibra and just scored a brace and got MOTM against Stuttgart yesterday :P

Hey, Kalou was the top scorer of Ligue 1 last season behind only Ibra and just scored a brace and got MOTM against Stuttgart yesterday :P

Did he play as a striker though?

Remember the 7-1 win over Stoke where he played as a striker or second-striker and scored a hat-trick (maybe brace) and most of thee goals was tap-ins.

Guy has good movement, but sucked as a crosser, etc.

EDIT: Wait, wasn't he the guy who crossed the ball into the box for Riise to score? :D

Did he play as a striker though?

Remember the 7-1 win over Stoke where he played as a striker or second-striker and scored a hat-trick (maybe brace) and most of thee goals was tap-ins.

Guy has good movement, but sucked as a crosser, etc.

EDIT: Wait, wasn't he the guy who crossed the ball into the box for Riise to score? :D

No idea where he played at Lille. Why in the world would I watch Ligue 1?! :lol:

Was more tongue in cheek comment, but point being there is nothing wrong with showing 'symptoms' of Kalou. In fact, a squad player like him would have done us a world of good in the past couple of seasons, IMO.

Yes he was inconsistent and sometimes frustrating but like Andre, his work rate was excellent, he had good movement and scored important goals. Obviously Andre is on a different level in terms of pace, movement and technique. I think that a player like that is needed in the team and I don't think that for a second Jose plans on replacing him.

And of course he did! That is why we love Salomon Kalou alongside the facts that he comes from the Ivory Coast and does not do cocain like Adrian Mutu :D

No idea where he played at Lille. Why in the world would I watch Ligue 1?! :lol:

Was more tongue in cheek comment, but point being there is nothing wrong with showing 'symptoms' of Kalou. In fact, a squad player like him would have done us a world of good in the past couple of seasons, IMO.

Yes he was inconsistent and sometimes frustrating but like Andre, his work rate was excellent, he had good movement and scored important goals. Obviously Andre is on a different level in terms of pace, movement and technique. I think that a player like that is needed in the team and I don't think that for a second Jose plans on replacing him.

And of course he did! That is why we love Salomon Kalou alongside the facts that he comes from the Ivory Coast and does not do cocain like Adrian Mutu :D

Not saying Andre doesn't have creditionals as the same as Kalou, but i think he can do better then him.

Kalou, for me at least, was a hard worker, had good movement and had a clincal finisher - qualities that Andre has in a natural positiion over Kalou. I said when he was apart of the club, and i say it now, Kalou was a striker that was played out as a winger, which is different with Andre.

Schurrle has a mean long shot at times, can dribble past players at a certain pace and has a decent cross (not brilliant, bit then again don't think i have seen an amazing cross since Huthcinson's cross for Lampard, or Coles for Drogba against Arsenal (the one from the corner)), for me personally i think he needs to add more to his game in terms of being less in-ward. I do love when he cuts in during counter attacks, but hoped he would set=up goals then rather go for them.

OUt of Salah and Schurrle, Schurrle has the most promise as a rotation player.

I think Mourinho likes that our right wingers have different attributes, so that he could use them for different situations.

When we want to attack but sacrifice a little defensively, Schurrle is the man.

When we want to be a little careful at the back, and have a player who can keep possession under pressure or if we want to try and preserve a lead, Willian is the man.

When opposition defense are tired, Salah is the man to use his pace from the bench to cause damage.

We fans all want the right wing to have an undoubted starter like hazard is on the left, but Mourinho may not want it that way for flexibility in tactics and....

ActualGranularHerculesbeetle.gif

And immediately afterwards he was responsible for the City goal ((Ivanovic too). Besides, the goal was created against 10 men... People are saying that he creates much more than Oscar and Willian, this is just is not true (in last season stats it was 1.Hazard 2.Willian 3. Oscar in chances created), the thing is he finds himself more often than not in the positions to finish those chances other players create (his biggest talent). I dunno now if he's really necessary for the system we play, now that we have a striker that is also making those runs. Alot of the times now they just run in each others way. The same was true against Sporting where André intercepted a ball that was pointed towards a player in a better position (Hazard to Oscar i think it was).

Tbh, I remember this happening against Leicester too, but it's a fixable problem. Jose can and should sort it out. It's just the matter of positioning and discipline.

He's beginning to get very selfish that's the main problem I have with him,he'll only improve and become a better player as long as he starts putting the team before himself

To say he's getting very selfish is an exaggeration and all because he took like 10-15 shots by himself against Bolton. Had he scored a few there and/or even against Sporting Lisbon, nobody would be saying that at all.

To say he's getting very selfish is an exaggeration and all because he took like 10-15 shots by himself against Bolton. Had he scored a few there and/or even against Sporting Lisbon, nobody would be saying that at all.

Exactly, against Bolton he had more responsibilities to be decisive in the game. No Hazard, Costa, Willian and Cesc meant he had to lead the attack. Oscar felt the same, they were both the only regular attackers in that line up.

Against Sporting he had a great performance but was a bit unlucky. Costa, Oscar and Salah also missed some big chances. Schurrle worked really hard and defended really well.

Exactly, against Bolton he had more responsibilities to be decisive in the game. No Hazard, Costa, Willian and Cesc meant he had to lead the attack. Oscar felt the same, they were both the only regular attackers in that line up.

Against Sporting he had a great performance but was a bit unlucky. Costa, Oscar and Salah also missed some big chances. Schurrle worked really hard and defended really well.

Schurrle missed a lot of chances though and some players don't get as many chances such as salah and willian

he had 62% pass accuracy against arsenal !

Not saying he was not poor but pretty much every attacking player had a below standard passing percentage in this match. For example, Fabregas had 77% and Hazard 81% IIRC, not too bad but below their standard quality for sure.

Chelsea doesn't fit schurrle's play style.

He would be better at one of the German teams

We don't have one playing style though. He's definitely in a poor run of form however. I was surprised to see him start ahead of Willian and thought he should have come off a lot sooner than he did.