André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Yes, because weakening our squad right now when our squad depth is already worse off than City's and them being hot on our heels is a good idea. Salah may take his minutes but he's hardly been setting the world alight when given the opportunity.

We'll win the league by at least five points, don't worry sunshine. City's second half of the season will see them implode.

Yes, because weakening our squad right now when our squad depth is already worse off than City's and them being hot on our heels is a good idea. Salah may take his minutes but he's hardly been setting the world alight when given the opportunity.

we can recall moses/marin back and believe me, we wont feel that schurrl's gone. he has done NOTHING this season.

People sure have a selective memory...

then rejog my selective memery to tell me what difference schurrle has made this season, that we should not sell him if this rumor of some team wanting him for 30mil euros is true.

i like schurrle like i liked mata or lukaku. but letting those 2 go was a 100 times bigger mistake than we would be making by selling schurrle for this fee (if it can even be regarded as a mistake). also, it gives us the chance of really pushing forward for reus or even lavezzi or even cuadrado.

And Andre is setting the world alight?

Like I said, at worst, if we do not sign a replacement in this window, we lose a bit of quality on a squad rotation player. Might cost us a couple of points if we get lengthy injuries to the main 3 AMs, but self destruct? Come off it!

then rejog my selective memery to tell me what difference schurrle has made this season, that we should not sell him if this rumor of some team wanting him for 30mil euros is true.

i like schurrle like i liked mata or lukaku. but letting those 2 go was a 100 times bigger mistake than we would be making by selling schurrle for this fee (if it can even be regarded as a mistake). also, it gives us the chance of really pushing forward for reus or even lavezzi or even cuadrado.

Wasn't talking about this season but in general. I don't deny Schurrle has his flaws/faults but the main issue with him right now is his confidence/form. At his best, would still take him ahead of Moses and Marin. Not to mention, he has more European experience than those two. Also, not opposing the sale of Schurrle but selling him in this transfer window without getting any adequate replacement is plain suicidal. Doubt we can get Reus in January. Lavezzi won't improve us. As for Cuadrado, have we even been linked with him?

And Andre is setting the world alight?

Like I said, at worst, if we do not sign a replacement in this window, we lose a bit of quality on a squad rotation player. Might cost us a couple of points if we get lengthy injuries to the main 3 AMs, but self destruct? Come off it!

Even if the 'self-destruct' phrase sounded over-exaggerating, the point still stands. This is hypothetical talk but if Schurrle rediscovers him form, then we would have a useful attacking weapon in the remaining months of the season.

And if Salah suddenly finds his Basel form and Andre keeps on getting worse, the German does not play a single more game till the end of the season, his value plummets and we would have wasted 30m for absolutely nothing.

Hypothetical is a two way street.

And his Basel form was more than a year ago. Hasn't convinced when playing for us (apart from the Stoke game last season).

And his Basel form was more than a year ago. Hasn't convinced when playing for us (apart from the Stoke game last season).

Not saying it will happen, just that it could. My point was that you can't base a decision on hypotherticals like that.

Most likely, neither Salah nor Schurrle will hit form because neither is getting regular football and both seem to be struggling with the "philosophy" of the team.

selling schurrle and getting someone better, strengthens the squad. having schurrle as an option is pretty much useless right now

Is there anyone much better available as a replacement though? Reus would be ideal but I wouldn't bet on him leaving this window, Lavezzi is a decent player but he'll be 30 before the season is over and would be an expensive stopgap which would not improve us that much imo.

Then again £23m is a good offer and I think we'll struggle to get a better bid this summer.