André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Not at all, not for Moses anyway. I feel Victor would've had a bigger impact with the minutes Schurrle's got this season. Schurrle has played quite a bit of football this season, quite similar to the amount that Victor did for us in his first season where he was a reliable squad player, let's not forget.

That may be true but let's also not forget that we are competing for much bigger things this season. We weren't even in the title race and Champions League then. Moses is a decent player but it's like people have forgotten they actually moaned about him and I'm pretty sure some even said he's not good enough for us. Moses has played more minutes than Schurrle this season (at least in the league) and he's hardly been blowing defenders away but because Schurrle is awful right now, people suddenly think Moses can do the job for us?

Andre is way too inconsistent.

That was always going to be the case when you don't play the player (Schurrle or not) often enough. The point would have been much more valid had Schurrle played a lot but still not putting in consistent performances.

So Moses should be given time to find his form and André shouldn't? Double standards or what? Andre had health issues that both him and Mourinho said were severe. Shouldn't he be given time too?

Then again maybe I'm biased because I don't think Moses is Chelsea's standard at all.

I don't think either is Chelsea standard to be starting, but if we are giving time for squad players to find rhythm I'd much rather it went to a homegrown player so we could use the international spot on somebody that is a world beater/starter quality.

That may be true but let's also not forget that we are competing for much bigger things this season. We weren't even in the title race and Champions League then. Moses is a decent player but it's like people have forgotten they actually moaned about him and I'm pretty sure some even said he's not good enough for us. Moses has played more minutes than Schurrle this season (at least in the league) and he's hardly been blowing defenders away but because Schurrle is awful right now, people suddenly think Moses can do the job for us?

I've never complained about Moses tbh, he's always been a solid squad player to me. My only problem with him is that he shouldn't be a starter.

That was always going to be the case when you don't play the player (Schurrle or not) often enough. The point would have been much more valid had Schurrle played a lot but still not putting in consistent performances.

That's the thing though - I think Andre has had enough minutes to show that he should be starting but every performance seems to get even worse. I really like Andre, he's a good player but when he's not on form he's absolutely awful because he brings no threat to the final third. Victor on the other hand can make a much bigger impact off the bench due to his superior pace and direct dribbling skills.

Schurrle is the sort of player that needs to play game in game out regardless of form and we can't afford that here. At 30m euros we should cash in.

I've never complained about Moses tbh, he's always been a solid squad player to me. My only problem with him is that he shouldn't be a starter.

Solid squad player yes but good enough for us? Probably not. If he was that, then think Mourinho might have recalled him last January rather than going out to buy Salah.

That's the thing though - I think Andre has had enough minutes to show that he should be starting but every performance seems to get even worse. I really like Andre, he's a good player but when he's not on form he's absolutely awful because he brings no threat to the final third. Victor on the other hand can make a much bigger impact off the bench due to his superior pace and direct dribbling skills.

Moses having superior pace is questionable but there's no point being better at dribbling and quicker if there's no end product, no? I still remember Moses' final product can be extremely frustrating, especially his crossing (and that's what people are complaining about Schurrle now too).

Solid squad player yes but good enough for us? Probably not. If he was that, then think Mourinho might have recalled him last January rather than going out to buy Salah.

Moses having superior pace is questionable but there's no point being better at dribbling and quicker if there's no end product, no? I still remember Moses' final product can be extremely frustrating, especially his crossing (and that's what people are complaining about Schurrle now too).

I'm not debating whether Moses is the better player btw. What I am debating however is that Moses might be a better option to bring off the bench. Yeah, his end product is frustrating but it's been improving at Stoke this season where he was playing well before getting injured.

The biggest point for me is the fact that 30m euros might be on offer here, if that's the case we should sell because I don't think Andre will ever be good enough to really nail down a spot in the team.

I'm not debating whether Moses is the better player btw. What I am debating however is that Moses might be a better option to bring off the bench. Yeah, his end product is frustrating but it's been improving at Stoke this season where he was playing well before getting injured.

The biggest point for me is the fact that 30m euros might be on offer here, if that's the case we should sell because I don't think Andre will ever be good enough to really nail down a spot in the team.

And I'm disagreeing that Moses is a better option to bring off the bench than Schurrle. :readthemessage:

About that offer, have any of the German papers reported about this? So far, Di Marzio seems to be only the source and people are taking it as something true (because of the 30m).

German right-sided attacker wants to fight for place but Chelsea have highlighted his position as needing strengthening, with Marco Reus and Juan Cuadrado on radar.

André Schürrle is prepared to fight for his Chelsea future – even though the club will make signing a new right-sided forward one of their top priorities of the summer transfer window.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11336123/Chelsea-news-Jose-Mourinho-targets-replacement-for-Andre-Schurrle.html

The season still has got a long way to go. Yes, Schurrle has been poor but people are like Jekyll and Hyde on here. They are all up on Schurrle's arse when he was scoring for the club and NT and now that he has got off to a slow start since being back people want to write him off. In the long run, Schurrle might just be an added bonus for us and I reckon we will appreciate having him in the squad. Please don't compare Marin and Moses to Schurrle. Schurrle is much better than both but is just low on confidence right now and is not playing well. Nasri had a similar situation with City but with time improved and played well. No reason why Schurrle cannot do the same.

If people really think we can just sell Schurrle and think Salah can easily fill in, then they don't have a clue. Just because he has done 'nothing' this season which is not true anyway, there is no reason to think he cannot gain form later on in the season.

if you read my other posts, i have reiterated that we should buy reus/lavezzi/cuadrado to replace him. the moses/marin comparision was to show how poor he has been. also, i really dont think he is that better than moses. moses is erratic, and poor in the final (almost as if his brain get short circuited in the final third), but he has shown that his gameis actually quite good. schurrle on the other hand is a goal scorer (normally) but seems to be pretty average on his overall game. even defensively he has shown to be a massive liability.

we are fighting for the title, you think schurrle will get a "time" to improve. hell he cant even get 60 minutes, he has been so poor that he has to be subbed off at HT.

buying lavezzi/cuadrado and especially reus will only better the team and squad. and selling schurrle for 30mil is hardly a poor decision especially since how poor he has been.

right now, even the idea of going towards the end of the season with title on the line and on the other hand CL semis/quarete finals in mid week and having schurrle as the main back sends a chill through my spine.

If the offer is serious then it'd be best to sell him. We can use Salah and Remy for the wings IF anything happens to Willian and Hazard. Its quite clear that Jose really doesn't rate Schurrle anymore. If nothing happen this month then I am sure he'll get sold in the summer.

Even a squad player does get game time to get their rhythm, form and confidence. The downside of us having a really settled starting XI is that situation isn't happening. You can't expect players to come in and perform like turning on/off a tap water, especially when these players are hardly at their peak (the situation at City is probably an ideal comparison perhaps). Moreover, looking at the number of minutes Schurrle (or anyone else for that matter) has had is misleading. Only a few of them were starts while others have been in the final parts of matches.

any player would get time to regain his confidence and rhythm if and only if he is good enough. a player who is getting subbed at HTs wont. lets be fair, jose is the best manager in the world. you think he does know that playing the same eleven match after match and midweek after weekend after midweek is going to cause problems later on. for me, this just shows how little faith he has in players like schurrle and that he thinks that schurrle wont be the best for the team.

also, my argument. when i showed the amount of time he has had on the pitch, was that his contribution has been so less than it can easily be replaced.

I i was him, i'd probably leave.

He can save face (as a WC winner) be back in his home country, and play in his favorite LW position.

But i guess this will wait till the summer. Dont know who would replace him, (besides Reus) and still be available for all competitions.

Id still do the deal, and sign Reus, because the EPL should be our main focus.