• Ferreira(sub)
    • Luiz(sub)
    • Torres(sub)
    • Ramires(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Blackman(sub)
    • Marin(sub)
    • Ake(sub)

I ain't killing myself, yes it's a meaningless game. 48,000 fans selling the game out in 20 minutes to see us and Man City stole the show and embarrassed us. 4-3 is great for a friendly but not like that. I don't have to like it just because it was a friendly.

I didn't say you have to like it. In the end, those 48,000 people got an entertaining game out of this, and that's all that matters. Majority of the crowd were Chelsea fans and they won't change teams just because of a post-season tour game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we were probably tired but the style of Man City's football and the comeback will attract people to follow them. If i was an american first time football watcher, i'd be wanking over City now, i'd be ordering their shirt already. Not that team who plays with no flair and just whacks the ball aimlessly up the park. City enjoyed the occasion, we seemed to take it too serious at times. Anyway fuck this, it's just like watching us pre season losing late in the USA in the stupid hours of the morning. We better put on a show on Saturday and smash those fuckers because our American fans deserve it.

I guess we were probably tired but the style of Man City's football and the comeback will attract people to follow them. If i was an american first time football watcher, i'd be wanking over City now, i'd be ordering their shirt already. Not that team who plays with no flair and just whacks the ball aimlessly up the park. City enjoyed the occasion, we seemed to take it too serious at times. Anyway fuck this, it's just like watching us pre season losing late in the USA in the stupid hours of the morning. We better put on a show on Saturday and smash those fuckers because our American fans deserve it.

There's an incredibly small chance of this being the first game an American watched. General public couldn't care less about the sport, much less one meaningless post-season game.

Friendly or not, i'm pissed off. But in all seriousness we coulda conceded 10. Shoulda had another blatant pen though, cunt of a referee. I don't care what kind of match it is, i have stayed up till 3:30am and have work. 3-0 up to lose 4-3, fuck that shit. I will be pissed off. Revenge on Saturday night i hope.

I care because the whole of the USA will be wanking over City now.

Deal with it. That's happened to me a million times.

Following sports in Australia must be hell with that time difference :D

It's alright sometimes. Games start at 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, and what not but anything after that is a bit harsh. It's alright in Queensland compared to NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, etc. We don't do daylights saving so our games are on an hour early.

Next season will be full of misery. City are already light years ahead of us and will only add more world class players like Cavani etc while we'll have the noose of Mikel on our necks.

90% of the 48000 fans today are Chelsea fans. Even the commentators said so. We Americans aren't glory hunters. We will not switch team overnight just after seeing City comeback.

It was a great game. Very entertaining. No need to be pissed.

90% of the 48000 fans today are Chelsea fans. Even the commentators said so. We Americans aren't glory hunters. We will not switch team overnight just after seeing City comeback.

It was a great game. Very entertaining. No need to be pissed.

Some will say that choosing Chelsea is glory hunting in the first place.

Some will say that choosing Chelsea is glory hunting in the first place.

Oh come on mate. Outside of England, there is barely any chance of catching Swindon Town or Harrowgate Railway in action. I wouldn't say all us non-British people became Chelsea fans for the glory. Just random happenstance because of exposure to the top teams

Oh come on mate. Outside of England, there is barely any chance of catching Swindon Town or Harrowgate Railway in action. I wouldn't say all us non-British people became Chelsea fans for the glory. Just random happenstance because of exposure to the top teams

No need to go the extreme of Swindon town, the west Hams and Sunderlands of the world get decent exposure.

Mikel would make such a great jogging partner. Effortlessly glides around the pitch like a gazelle.

As for Torres, I'm convinced one day he'll just start suddenly braying in the middle of a game, and we'll find out that Liverpool actually sold us a donkey disguised as Torres.