Ferguson Retires - Moyes takes over

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With City strengthening their squad even more this summer, Ferguson retiring (ergo United losing one of their biggest advantages) we can't make any mistakes anymore. This summer will be decisive. One way or another.

Man Utd have won 304 of 404 Premier League home matches under Sir Alex Ferguson, a win rate of 75%.

Sir Alex Ferguson has won 527 Premier League games, at least 161 more than any other manager (Wenger 366).

The only manager with a better win percentage in the PL than Sir Alex Ferguson (65%) is Jose Mourinho (70% - 20+ games)

Of teams he faced more than 10 times, Sir Alex Ferguson�s highest loss percentage as Man Utd manager was v Norwich City (35%).

Sir Alex Ferguson has enjoyed more wins over Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur (both 38) than any other teams (all comps)

Wow. Didn't see this coming.

Fair play to SAF for everything he has achieved. Like him or not he has been the best manager to have ever lived. The game will miss him, United will miss him.

I hope Moyes does get the job because he fully deserves to manage a top club.

I just hope this is the end of Unites dominance but hopefully not the door being opened for City to start theirs.

Anyway, he's a legend, one of the biggest the world of sports has ever seen. I have the highest respect for him and his achievements with United, you have be someone special to do what he has done.

From a Chelsea fan's point of view, I'm glad he'll be gone. I don't think United will be as good without him, he's the main reason why a squad full of average players has been winning trophy after trophy, years in, years out.

Moyes is a good shout but would United really want a manager who hasn't won anything or ever had objectives similar to that of a club like United. Surely, they would want someone with big game experience especially in Europe.

I don't think it'll be Mourinho, just doesn't seem like he'd fit in at United. Whoever it is, I'm sure it's already wrapped up.

That said, I can see him returning mid season after United go on a loosing streak with their new manager.

This news gave me a good chance to make some money in the stock market.

With the quick sell of of the MANU stock I was able to buy the dip and get a quick bounce for some quick cash. :)